VOGONS

Show us your IBM Compatible PC games collection

Topic actions

Reply 120 of 128, by Masaru

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe not physical releases, but here's my GOG collection 😁

Also no i haven't beaten them all yet. But I've had a go at nearly every one so far. Most of the ones that say "Cant play" are marked that way because I was having issues with them. I was still able to play all of them one way or another though over the years. Actually there was a time when I owned quite a few physical copies back in the day, but they either got scratched up or sold.

pg1.jpg

pg2.jpg

pg3.jpg

pg4.jpg

pg5.jpg

pg6.jpg

pg7.jpg

pg8.jpg

pg9.jpg

pg10.jpg

pg11.jpg

pg12.jpg

pg13.jpg

Reply 121 of 128, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Picked up a few inexpensive physical copies of the Crysis series - the Special Edition, Maximum Edition and Crysis 2.
SAM-0059.jpg

The Special Edition is a Steelbook with extras (artbook, soundtrack, bonus disc with artwork and videos). The Steelbook is prone to developing rust spots, unfortunately.

The others are plain keep cases with manuals. It's very nice that these physical copies can be still activated, run on modern PCs with no issues, and have no online DRM (which cannot be said about Crysis 3 or the remastered trilogy).

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 122 of 128, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Picked up a few random titles last month.

Unreal Tournament III Collector's Edition (very nice tin box with extra disc, artbook, manual)
7th Guest + 11th Hour White Label Double Pack (jewel cases inside a nice looking but poorly sized box)
Lemmings + Oh No! More Lemmings for Windows (not much to say here)
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (not as bad as I feared, quite nice actually)
F.E.A.R. Platinum Collection (original game + both expansions)
Prince of Persia (2008) alternate cover release (apparently quite rare on the PC; more common on consoles)

Attachments

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 124 of 128, by TamaMan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This summer I'll be keeping the Origin Systems' ones out on display:

PXL_20230601_193740073.jpg
Filename
PXL_20230601_193740073.jpg
File size
854.11 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 127 of 128, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I like consistent themes in my physical copies. They look nice on the shelf.
Here are some run-of-the-mill DVD keep case releases of pairs of related titles:

1693053400328.jpg
North American editions of the last two Prince of Persia games, and European editions of the first two Witcher games.

1693053400377.jpg
The 2008 Prince of Persia reboot is nice and DRM-free, like most of its releases. Just the DVD and manual in this package, nothing extra.
The Forgotten Sands has Uplay DRM like in all copies - retail or not. You can install the game off the DVD, but to play without resorting to cracks, the key must be added to a Uplay account. A booklet is not included, only a digital on-disc manual.

1693053400353.jpg
Both The Witcher and The Witcher 2 are the Enhanced editions, including all extra game content. They auto-patch to the latest versions, without requiring any online registration. Additionally, you can use the keys to add 'backup' digital copies to a GOG account, for free. This only works once per key, though.
These particular releases are late-ish prints, and are missing all the extra content that the earlier bundles enjoyed (soundtracks, bonus DVDs, printed guides). Basic manuals are included, though. The first game is a combined MAC/PC DVD, the second one is PC only.

Reply 128 of 128, by dukeofurl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have a bunch of loose discs and floppies, and obviously some stuff I've downloaded or bought virtually, but here's some eye candy. My original pc gaming period was probably 1992-1997, and after that, basically switched to game consoles for many years.

My childhood big box pc games that have survived this long (I seem to recall owning several more boxed games, maybe 2x as many as this, but I guess we got rid of some of them)
u3jgs8mpqks31.jpg

In recent years, I've started buying old copies of shareware favorites I enjoyed. Really just a sentimental thing since you can find most of these for free download or on GoG or similar, already configured to play with most modern hardware configurations.
44bjr8zxvrr81.jpg

I've bought a few other things since these pictures were taken, and have tons of loose disks and some loose cds, but this is a good chunk of stuff that still has colorful packaging.