Reply 43300 of 52813, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HanSolo wrote on 2022-03-16, 13:33:
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-03-16, 12:21:
BitWrangler wrote on 2022-03-16, 12:18:

Thx for the rehost...Might be local security settings blocking because it's not an encrypted connection, your browser is saving your bank account from getting stolen because you absent mindedly type the number into random static images. I'm on chrome right now, but I think Firefox makes it super hard work to visit older non https pages, yes, I'm really really sure I want to visit that link, gah.

Im using chrome but its not Chrome blocking it .. I think its Nod32 doing it even when told to not do that ..cant fucking win with the obnoxious levels of security antivirus comes with now, even when turn off and told to exclude said site.

It doesn't work here, too. Tested with 2 different computers+browsers in different cities with different ISPs. Won't even reply to a network-Ping. But the IP-address is resolved (216.17.81.52).
At this point my network knowledge stops. Sounds more like a region blocking on the server?

Our art buyer assures me that "It's really complicated. Seriously. Go do your word thing" but guys, are you just discussing for the sake of the argument or are we really in trouble if someone were to upload that picture as an attachement under a "fair use" license? Sorry, I live in the former eastern block, we don't do rules like that.

I like jumpers.

Reply 43301 of 52813, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, Gary Donovan has quite a good 3DFX archive going there, specs, tech info, pics, drivers etc, it's a bummer if it's inaccessible... But I think I've got a clue now... from site FAQ..

"7) Mind if I use some of your images?

Under three conditions- Not used for auctions or sales, the "thedodgegarage.com" logo stays in the picture and no direct linking to the image, host on your server please. People who direct link I like to surprise by changing the image to something a might spicier when I find out (and I do find out via server stats tracking). It can pretty embarrassing to the linker if it's a post on a web board that can't be edited. "

So, first whoops, should have attached it in the first place. Google took me in while avoiding the front door otherwise I should have read his FAQ. But second, if he has changed some pic links to XXXX rated pics then that's what has triggered all the nannies I guess. Also he has been doing some blocking because of scammers using his pics on eBay, so that might be involved too.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 43302 of 52813, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Focus FK-2002 Tastatur mit "QWERTZUIOPÜ+" layout and Deutscheindustrienorm plug, jawohl.

Shame about the broken (detachable) dust cover, but otherwise in excellent condition.
Shiny red "ESCOM" branding that will go nicely with one of my machines of that honorable name.

Focus_FK-2002_a.JPG
Filename
Focus_FK-2002_a.JPG
File size
390.63 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Nice, crisp clickediclacks, I like them a lot.
Those are "white Alps" and that's not a skiing resort.
Would you like to know more?
https://deskthority.net/wiki/Focus_FK-2002
Interesting feature for switching "Strg" and and the "Feststelltaste" aka. ctrl and caps lock. Would move ctrl to an easy "pinky" position in touch typing.
On the upper right:

Focus_FK-2002_b.JPG
Filename
Focus_FK-2002_b.JPG
File size
128.79 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Made in Taiwan, the Republic of China.

Also just in:
Intel VX socket 7 mobo, MSI-5137 or P54C TR6.
Yet another norse god to dethrone.
Nothing fancy, but actually the first K5 on the heap. Boring chip, but the AMD equivalent of the vanilla Pentium, so nice to have.
And one more sound card with ALS100 and one more variety of YMF-262 but not YMF-262.

MS-5137.JPG
Filename
MS-5137.JPG
File size
779.42 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

I like jumpers.

Reply 43303 of 52813, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This just came in yesterday. Hopefully the cpu arrives soon so I can get started putting together a P4 Win98 rig.
Mobo is a Intel D865GL mATX board.

20220315_180747.jpg
Filename
20220315_180747.jpg
File size
1.82 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Last edited by Stiletto on 2022-03-19, 21:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 43304 of 52813, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BitWrangler wrote on 2022-03-16, 15:23:
Well, Gary Donovan has quite a good 3DFX archive going there, specs, tech info, pics, drivers etc, it's a bummer if it's inacces […]
Show full quote

Well, Gary Donovan has quite a good 3DFX archive going there, specs, tech info, pics, drivers etc, it's a bummer if it's inaccessible... But I think I've got a clue now... from site FAQ..

Under three conditions- Not used for auctions or sales, the "thedodgegarage.com" logo stays in the picture and no direct linking to the image, host on your server please. People who direct link I like to surprise by changing the image to something a might spicier when I find out (and I do find out via server stats tracking). It can pretty embarrassing to the linker if it's a post on a web board that can't be edited. "

So, first whoops, should have attached it in the first place. Google took me in while avoiding the front door otherwise I should have read his FAQ. But second, if he has changed some pic links to XXXX rated pics then that's what has triggered all the nannies I guess. Also he has been doing some blocking because of scammers using his pics on eBay, so that might be involved too.

well .. you might want to remove the direct link 😉

sounds like the host has a great sense of humour !

Reply 43305 of 52813, by Shreddoc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Well, Gary Donovan has quite a good 3DFX archive going there, specs, tech info, pics, drivers etc, it's a bummer if it's inacces […]
Show full quote

Sounds reasonable. But the fact the plain domain itself "dodgegarage.com" also can't be loaded (I just checked) suggests it's a broader issue than simply a blocking of direct links to JPEGs. A traceroute stalls at 20ge-po7.usi-cr03-mtka.usinternet.com and it's all "no reply" after that.

Reply 43306 of 52813, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shreddoc wrote on 2022-03-16, 20:49:
Show full quote

Sounds reasonable. But the fact the plain domain itself "dodgegarage.com" also can't be loaded (I just checked) suggests it's a broader issue than simply a blocking of direct links to JPEGs. A traceroute stalls at 20ge-po7.usi-cr03-mtka.usinternet.com and it's all "no reply" after that.

I'm having no trouble loading it

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 43307 of 52813, by Shreddoc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
debs3759 wrote on 2022-03-16, 20:57:
Show full quote

So far in this thread, some users from Belgium, Germany, Australia and New Zealand (among others) have found the site to not allow access.

It is not browser-related, as even operating system network tools can't connect to the domain.

However, one Australian user said he can connect. So, is it a geoblock? or perhaps a whitelist? I don't know.

All I know is, it's obviously a common trait of this particular site, that many people from all over the world have their connections refused, for unknown reason. 😁

Others however, like yourself, can get through. So, it's a mystery. 😁

Reply 43311 of 52813, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shreddoc wrote on 2022-03-16, 21:44:

That's either the Best, or the Worst, object I've ever seen. Genuinely not sure which. 🤣

lemme help you out there: It's the best, obviously.

Now, can we get back to discussing fossil hardware? I've got an awesome new keyboard!

I like jumpers.

Reply 43312 of 52813, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-16, 21:41:

hasta la vista, baby

oh cool! i finally get to post a link to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld35lMnFQ10

maxresdefault.jpg
Filename
maxresdefault.jpg
File size
98.07 KiB
Views
File comment
LÄMP
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

We really should be allowed to post image reactions. They say an image is worth a 1000 words after all...

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 43313 of 52813, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
luckybob wrote on 2022-03-16, 22:00:

We really should be allowed to post image reactions. They say an image is worth a 1000 words after all...

Tell me about it.
Every time Meatball posts another pic of some awesome 3dfx gear, I intuitively mean to upload a meme of an Jerusalem inmate ca. 30 AD, stating his general opinion on people getting spat in the face.
But I guess it's just an unperfect world.

I like jumpers.

Reply 43314 of 52813, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Shreddoc wrote on 2022-03-16, 21:32:
So far in this thread, some users from Belgium, Germany, Australia and New Zealand (among others) have found the site to not all […]
Show full quote
debs3759 wrote on 2022-03-16, 20:57:

So far in this thread, some users from Belgium, Germany, Australia and New Zealand (among others) have found the site to not allow access.

It is not browser-related, as even operating system network tools can't connect to the domain.

However, one Australian user said he can connect. So, is it a geoblock? or perhaps a whitelist? I don't know.

All I know is, it's obviously a common trait of this particular site, that many people from all over the world have their connections refused, for unknown reason. 😁

Others however, like yourself, can get through. So, it's a mystery. 😁

I can also not load it.
I'm quite surprised and somewhat saddened, I used to be able to visit it without any issue but haven't in a long while now.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 43315 of 52813, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe this is the reason:

dodgergarage.jpg
Filename
dodgergarage.jpg
File size
1018.59 KiB
Views
File comment
new dodge garage site
File license
Public domain

The domain was sold. Does anyone have a site backup I can snag?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 43316 of 52813, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
luckybob wrote on 2022-03-16, 22:16:

Maybe this is the reason: dodgergarage.jpg

It's not just any dodgy dodgegarage, it THEdodgegarage.com

I especially enjoyed the Covid trutherism:
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/new.html

I like jumpers.

Reply 43317 of 52813, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-16, 22:21:
It's not just any dodgy dodgegarage, it THEdodgegarage.com […]
Show full quote

This is the site I referred to. I also saw that other dodgegarage site and figured it wasn't the correct one 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 43318 of 52813, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote on 2022-03-16, 22:32:
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-16, 22:21:
It's not just any dodgy dodgegarage, it THEdodgegarage.com […]
Show full quote

This is the site I referred to. I also saw that other dodgegarage site and figured it wasn't the correct one 😜

I've completely lost track of where and how the whole confusion started.
Next time, just save that photo to you hard disk and attach it here. After all, Mark Zuckerman has earned a pair of golden testicles by essentially that process, only simpler.

Concerning that dodge site - eye cancer risk aside, but if it doesn't work somewhere, that's probably because it does not work.

And, never mind the great cars or 3dfx swag on there, too bad, but turns out, the author is a fascist. So maybe let's not link there, at all.

I like jumpers.

Reply 43319 of 52813, by RaiderOfLostVoodoo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-16, 22:44:

And, never mind the great cars or 3dfx swag on there, too bad, but turns out, the author is a fascist. So maybe let's not link there, at all.

Isn't that the website of the guy who's hoarding all the V6000's?

Last edited by RaiderOfLostVoodoo on 2022-03-17, 00:39. Edited 1 time in total.