Topic actions

Reply 43320 of 52824, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RaiderOfLostVoodoo wrote on 2022-03-16, 23:08:
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-16, 22:44:

And, never mind the great cars or 3dfx swag on there, too bad, but turns out, the author is a fascist. So maybe let's not link there, at all.

Isn't that the website of the guy who's hoarding all the V5500's?

Well, someone does.
But I'm not awarding that wingnut any more page impressions.

I like jumpers.

Reply 43321 of 52824, by Shreddoc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nobody (much) really cares about wingnut's page.

We "Professor Frinks" just want to know the exact, precise technical setup behind the selective door policy. 😁

Feel free to drown it out by posting other more relevant things. 😀

Reply 43322 of 52824, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
I've completely lost track of where and how the whole confusion started. Next time, just save that photo to you hard disk and at […]
Show full quote
Tetrium wrote on 2022-03-16, 22:32:
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-16, 22:21:

It's not just any dodgy dodgegarage, it THEdodgegarage.com

I especially enjoyed the Covid trutherism:
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/new.html

This is the site I referred to. I also saw that other dodgegarage site and figured it wasn't the correct one 😜

I've completely lost track of where and how the whole confusion started.
Next time, just save that photo to you hard disk and attach it here. After all, Mark Zuckerman has earned a pair of golden testicles by essentially that process, only simpler.

Concerning that dodge site - eye cancer risk aside, but if it doesn't work somewhere, that's probably because it does not work.

And, never mind the great cars or 3dfx swag on there, too bad, but turns out, the author is a fascist. So maybe let's not link there, at all.

Dodge and great are two words that should never exist in the same paragraph.

Reply 43323 of 52824, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shreddoc wrote on 2022-03-16, 23:25:

We "Professor Frinks" just want to know the exact, precise technical setup behind the selective door policy. 😁

I know who Professor Frink is and I already gave you my best expertise: There's no ghost in the machine here, the page simply is outdated and ill-designed. Meaning, if it does not work on your modern machine, try opening it with IE 4 or the Netscape Navigator, you'll be fine 😀

I like jumpers.

Reply 43324 of 52824, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-03-16, 23:37:
I've completely lost track of where and how the whole confusion started. Next time, just save that photo to you hard disk and at […]
Show full quote

This is the site I referred to. I also saw that other dodgegarage site and figured it wasn't the correct one 😜

Next time, just save that photo to you hard disk and attach it here. After all, Mark Zuckerman has earned a pair of golden testicles by essentially that process, only simpler.

Concerning that dodge site - eye cancer risk aside, but if it doesn't work somewhere, that's probably because it does not work.

Dodge and great are two words that should never exist in the same paragraph.

Honey, I'm German - they don't even register as cars. I was just being polite, in my own clumsy way.

I like jumpers.

Reply 43325 of 52824, by RaiderOfLostVoodoo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-16, 23:37:

There's no ghost in the machine here, the page simply is outdated and ill-designed. Meaning, if it does not work on your modern machine, try opening it with IE 4 or the Netscape Navigator, you'll be fine 😀

I tried Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer. Neither worked.
With a proxy I was able to access the site.
I guess he's blocking IPs from Germanistan, because we're a liberal shithole which was overtaken by sandn****s. *sarcasm*

Here are some inspirational quotes from his site:

The government has been cooking the books on the COVID deaths which I'll point out that they have quietly revised down on the CDC website. Normal Flu and Pneumonia deaths have moved from one column over to another.. China trying to drag down the economy, pharmaceuticals trying to cash in on billions or trillions in vaccines, deep state trying to drag down Trump..

Find a good church that teaches what the Bible says is what it says.
Any that indulge in social justice, LGBT or feminist causes is to be shunned.
No one comes to the father but through Christ.

Who is QAnon? Best look into that.
Where We Go 1, We Go All!
Yes I'm a true believer after looking into Q, he or they are on the side of the angels and bringing the pain to the cabal.

That he's posting this in Comic Sans MS makes it even more hillarious. 🤣

And yeah, that's indeed the guy who is hoarding 10+ V6000's so he can brag about it online.

Last edited by RaiderOfLostVoodoo on 2022-03-17, 00:39. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 43326 of 52824, by Shreddoc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shreddoc wrote on 2022-03-16, 23:25:

I know who Professor Frink is and I already gave you my best expertise: There's no ghost in the machine here, the page simply is outdated and ill-designed. Meaning, if it does not work on your modern machine, try opening it with IE 4 or the Netscape Navigator, you'll be fine 😀

Operating System layer "pings" and "traceroutes" are also not getting through. So I doubt an older machine or browser is going to change that reality.

It's ok: nobody requires you personally to provide the answer. Sometimes, people just like to discuss trivial things, without necessarily wanting to discuss the discussing of those things (says Mr Hypocrite, here). They can just freely get on with their topic, until done. 😀

Reply 43327 of 52824, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RaiderOfLostVoodoo wrote on 2022-03-17, 00:06:

Not just another browser, but an older one - my firefox version was already used by Bismarck, maybe that's the trick.

Ok, now that is strange. Maybe your browser has some standards of taste and sanity if in immediate contact.

I guess he's blocking IPs from Germanistan, because we're a liberal shithole which was overtaken by sandn****s. *sarcasm*

OK, that would explain why I can still access it from Berlin-Gesundbrunnen.

Here are some inspirational quotes from his site: […]
Show full quote

The government has been cooking the books on the COVID deaths which I'll point out that they have quietly revised down on the CDC website. Normal Flu and Pneumonia deaths have moved from one column over to another.. China trying to drag down the economy, pharmaceuticals trying to cash in on billions or trillions in vaccines, deep state trying to drag down Trump..

Yes I'm a true believer after looking into Q, he or they are on the side of the angels and bringing the pain to the cabal.

And yeah, that's indeed the guy who is hoarding 10+ V5500's so he can brag about it online.

No, don't get me wrong, I didn't claim that he isn't great fun. Just that his ideas are more toxic than Bophal.

Shreddoc wrote on 2022-03-17, 00:10:

It's ok: nobody requires you personally to provide the answer. Sometimes, people just like to discuss trivial things, without necessarily wanting to discuss the discussing of those things (says Mr Hypocrite, here). They can just freely get on with their topic, until done. 😀

I've already spent way to much time on this for not getting that meta layer there. I just take irony much more seriously, you know?

I like jumpers.

Reply 43328 of 52824, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And yeah, that's indeed the guy who is hoarding 10+ V5500's so he can brag about it online.

Too bad really.
They're all going to be lost when the FBI burns down his property after a weeks long siege.

I like jumpers.

Reply 43329 of 52824, by RaiderOfLostVoodoo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-17, 00:24:

Too bad really.
They're all going to be lost when the FBI burns down his property after a weeks long siege.

Oops, I made a mistake.
He's hoarding V6000's I ment, not V5500's. Even worse.

Reply 43330 of 52824, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RaiderOfLostVoodoo wrote on 2022-03-17, 00:42:

Too bad really.

Oops, I made a mistake.

Relax! I've already informed the FBI.
They have top men working on it, right now.
Top. Men.

I like jumpers.

Reply 43331 of 52824, by Shreddoc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-17, 00:21:

I've already spent way to much time on this...

"He says, while continually posting about it at great speed, and personally responding to all general discussion about it" 😉

P.S. your new keyboard's (built-in) dust cover is weird. Weird. 🤣 As in, I like it.

Reply 43332 of 52824, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey look, there's the original Compaq TC-1000 with Transmeta Crusoe CPU!

Attachments

• TC1000.JPG
    Filename
    TC1000.JPG
    File size
    201.58 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

I like jumpers.

Reply 43333 of 52824, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Last week I bought a Asus sabertooth x58 motherboard and it came in Monday. I paired it with a Xeon x5675 and made a decent gaming system for my wife. Asus sabertooth x58, Xeon x5675, 12gigs DDR3 1600mhz soon to be 24gigs, MSI 1050ti (untill prices come down), T-Force 512gig sad boot drive, 120gig SSD, 1.5Tb WD black HD, 120mm Rosewill AIO, 3 120mm Aerocool Dead Silent case fans, 850watt Silverstone PSU, CoolerMaster CM690 original. The fun part about the case is I bought it brand new in 08/09 and never used or even opened the box up untill Monday when I built my wife's system.

The system performs really well and my wife loves it. The temps of the Xeon with that AIO are amazing it idles around 19-22c and under a gaming load usually GW2 it'll hit 32-34c

Reply 43334 of 52824, by Brawndo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Alright, who scooped up the 22" Mitsubishi Diamondtron CRT on fleabay from the seller in Bulgaria? 🤣 I had it on my watch list, not to buy because it was way too expensive, but just to see how long it would last. Didn't even last a day. Those things seem to be the holy grail of CRTs these days. I mean I know they're good, but somebody just dropped around a grand at least for a used monitor.

Reply 43335 of 52824, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-17, 00:47:
Relax! I've already informed the FBI. They have top men working on it, right now. Top. Men. […]
Show full quote
RaiderOfLostVoodoo wrote on 2022-03-17, 00:42:

Too bad really.

Oops, I made a mistake.

Relax! I've already informed the FBI.
They have top men working on it, right now.
Top. Men.

Say .. you wouldn't want to pass my number on to your FBI friends ...I know a friend of a friend who wants a Voodoo 5

Also, in my eternal GeForce 3 Ti500 hunt I ran across this Asus V8200 Deluxe with 3D Glasses for 80 USD, its not a bad price for this since the glasses alone usually go for 80USD. Its no Ti500 but its better than a Ti200, and what overclocking details I can locate suggest that its memory will do Ti500 speeds and the core is about 5mhz slower at 235, all in all it should be a fun little GPU.

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
368.4 KiB
Views
File comment
Seller Photo
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 43336 of 52824, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Now I just need an 8086 motherboard..

Attachments

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 43337 of 52824, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Show full quote
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-16, 22:21:

It's not just any dodgy dodgegarage, it THEdodgegarage.com

I especially enjoyed the Covid trutherism:
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/new.html

I tried Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer. Neither worked. With a proxy I was able to access the site. I guess he's blocking […]
Show full quote

There's no ghost in the machine here, the page simply is outdated and ill-designed. Meaning, if it does not work on your modern machine, try opening it with IE 4 or the Netscape Navigator, you'll be fine 😀

And yeah, that's indeed the guy who is hoarding 10+ V6000's so he can brag about it online.

So tbf, I don't really care about his political stance and why he hoards Voodoo 5 6000s (not sure he was the same person with the play doh but I reckon he wasn't), but his site worked fine from the internet archive and is a nice read.
Also I don't generally like to trashtalk people who trashtalk on their own website, but I do wonder if this has anything to do with the site apparently being blocked now from certain regions.

But anyway, this http://web.archive.org/web/*/thedodgegarage.com worked fine for me including the snapshot made 15 march 2022 (which is 2 days ago from when I made this reply).

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 43338 of 52824, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Brawndo wrote on 2022-03-17, 04:56:

Alright, who scooped up the 22" Mitsubishi Diamondtron CRT on fleabay from the seller in Bulgaria? 🤣 I had it on my watch list, not to buy because it was way too expensive, but just to see how long it would last. Didn't even last a day. Those things seem to be the holy grail of CRTs these days. I mean I know they're good, but somebody just dropped around a grand at least for a used monitor.

The Diamondtron 2070?
Those have been the holy grail of CRTs for the last decade, yes.
Think there was a badge engineered, identical one from Acer, including a black one.

That, along with the Sony 24", 16:10 GDM-FW900, maybe.
Friend of mine and flatmates used that as a quasi television screen in the living room for quite some time into the 2010s, to endlessly binge "Friends", HIMYM or Star Trek. Eventually, it went blurry AF.
They all do. So, any CRT will be a burning candle, of course.

Tried to get a high end CTR some years ago, locally. No use, already way past the timeframe when they were retired in CAD shops by the dozens.
And, unlike components, no one is storing those beasts. Most went to the shredder, I'd reckon.

I settled on decent Iyama 17" as my token CRT.

Best chance you'll have today is looking for "some old monitor, really heavy" in the classifieds 😉

Let's face it, this is how any CRT looks to normal people:

Attachments

• CRT_screen.jpg
    Filename
    CRT_screen.jpg
    File size
    37.08 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by Cuttoon on 2022-03-17, 11:15. Edited 1 time in total.

I like jumpers.

Reply 43339 of 52824, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Im gonna guess that a 22" Trinitron Cad based CRT is gonna weigh in the ball park of 30 -40kilos, I had one way back and it was downright painful to move around, I could just manage it on my own but they did put massive lead weights in the bases.

Imagine shipping that thing .. better yet imagine trying to ship it internationally.

Now imagine the cost and be thankful for LCD.