Common searches

Bought this (Modern) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 1500 of 2072, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I too would like to know. I have the ZxR and it's working great. I considered getting the ae-9 when my tax refund comes in.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 1501 of 2072, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
luckybob wrote on 2022-02-28, 17:26:

I too would like to know. I have the ZxR and it's working great. I considered getting the ae-9 when my tax refund comes in.

Love my AE-9. Good SnR, good external module if you might use those features. Although the first one I had was faulty and I had to have creative replace it. The replacement has been rock solid though.

Reply 1502 of 2072, by schlang

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
  • no Dolby and no DTS
  • the sound is a disappointment with my floorstanding speakers, I can't tell any difference from the onboard sound.
    it sounds thin and without depth, no matter what settings I change. I feel the SBZxR is far superior...
  • less for more money. the X AE5 has RGB and a LED strip with a proprietary connector. but it lacks a digital input (SPDIF in), does not handle Dolby and does not have a decoupled MIC-IN port on the back.
    if I connect my MIC I get a constant noise, which does not happen on the front-out
  • and worst of all: when switching between "Headset direct" and "Headset 7.1" the software blasts the volume level from whatever setting to 100%. immediately. without warning.
    he drumhead loves this trick when the thing suddenly goes off at 100%

the card is unnecessary and can't do anything better than its predecessors except blinking

PC#1: K6-III+ 400 | 512MB | Geforce4 | Voodoo1 | SB Live | AWE64 | GUS PNP Pro
PC#2: 486DX2-66 | 64MB | Riva128 | AWE64 | GUS PNP | PAS16
PC#3: 386DX-40 | 32MB | CL-GD5434 | SB Pro | GUS MAX | PAS16

Think you know your games music? Show us: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37532

Reply 1503 of 2072, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Heh, my wife's machine has opposite problem, has a commercial headset with capped volume/loudness and win10 or her audio drivers "helpfully" also try to protect your hearing whenever the (any) headset is plugged in, by setting the volume super low, which in these headphones you cannot hear... so continual fracking around with the volume required every time you plug and unplug. I KNOW WHAT I GOT IT SET AT DAMMIT!!!

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 1504 of 2072, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought a used raspberry pi 400 for my 10 yo daughter to try out programming. It is quite handy and fun to be able to connect LEDs and such directly to the computers gpio.

She is obviously bright enough, just need the patience. If it's not her thing I'm sure dad can do something fun with it.. I got it for ca half the price, used.

Reply 1505 of 2072, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Throw her a cheap sensor kit and some dupont wires and she'll be able to do a bunch of fun stuff. The "Elegoo" stuff I've had so far has been good value for money.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 1506 of 2072, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Technically this aint "Computer Hardware" but it is modern hardware and it is being used too ...uhh creatively fix Computer Hardware and it was a needed purchase.

Dremel Lion.jpg
Filename
Dremel Lion.jpg
File size
102.6 KiB
Views
File comment
Seller Photo
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Dremel Bits.jpg
Filename
Dremel Bits.jpg
File size
144.52 KiB
Views
File comment
Seller Photo
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Got a couple of Dallas RTCs that need beheading and a case that needs a few "minor" modifications, after which itll be used for other household duties 😁

Reply 1507 of 2072, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Uh oh, you know that saying, "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" .. it's that way for 2 years when anyone buys a Dremel 🤣

You'll be all like...

fashion-portrait-man-silver-bodyart-600w-1359224645.jpg

... you wouldn't believe how easy it is cleaning off thermal paste with the buffer on my new Dremel!! 😉

Reply 1508 of 2072, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Target used to sell a B&D version, oh 10 years ago maybe, variable speed 110vac. Probably no longer. They were cheap, 25-30$. I have 2 and they work well.

I bought a 4.8? Volt dremel, cuz it was cheap some years ago. The bettery to charger contacts leave a whole lot to be desired. Dremel has a humongous rangenof different tools. But I have to wonder if the overall quality is still there.

Reply 1509 of 2072, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ordered a USB-C to DisplayPort for my work computer since I need a third screen.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1510 of 2072, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You know we're just gonna want you to test about 5 versions of 3DMark and 20 games on it now. 😜

Reply 1511 of 2072, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I selflessly gave my GTX 1660 Ti to my daughter a while back and ended up with a GTX 1060 3GB that I wasn't particularly happy with even when I bought it new, so it was GFX card shopping time. I used to research cards for days but I don't enjoy the process nearly as much as I used to, so after some quick reading and cross-referencing my short list with what I could actually get my hands on, I went with a RTX 3060 12GB. The packaging is vaguely nice to look at - I miss the gaudy box art from the 00's - and while the card itself is quite boring it's a beast of a thing physically which gave me a chuckle... until I tried to fit it in my long suffering Cooler Master Centurion case. I had to drill out a dozen rivets and remove the 3.5" drive bay unit to fit this bad boy in but it's pretty quiet and performs well.

IMG_7304.JPG
Filename
IMG_7304.JPG
File size
272.94 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_7307.JPG
Filename
IMG_7307.JPG
File size
297.06 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_7309.JPG
Filename
IMG_7309.JPG
File size
304.8 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_7312.JPG
Filename
IMG_7312.JPG
File size
313.34 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 1512 of 2072, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What you could have done was cut the rear 3rd of the card off and donated it to me. I could have wired it up to my gtx 1060 3gb/p106-90 and had a blast. Literally.

Reply 1513 of 2072, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BitWrangler wrote on 2022-03-19, 17:28:
Uh oh, you know that saying, "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" .. it's that way for 2 years when any […]
Show full quote

Uh oh, you know that saying, "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" .. it's that way for 2 years when anyone buys a Dremel 🤣

You'll be all like...

fashion-portrait-man-silver-bodyart-600w-1359224645.jpg

... you wouldn't believe how easy it is cleaning off thermal paste with the buffer on my new Dremel!! 😉

Why is that man-thing wearing thermal paste?

Reply 1514 of 2072, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well the joke was that a rotary buffer will just throw crap everywhere...

Reply 1516 of 2072, by TheChexWarrior

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Broghut this cheap as a joke Dell Venue 11 pro Windows 10 tablet and I very happy from it.

Attachments

Reply 1517 of 2072, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought a Logitech wireless ergo k/b yesterday. I'm done with wired keyboards. The M$ Sculpt disComfort k/b is a joke. I just love the way that mouse looks but.

Reply 1518 of 2072, by pan069

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not bought yet, but thinking of buying... However, looking for some advice before I do so, hope you guys don't mind.

I have this board: Asus Pro Q470M-C/CSM [1] and I'm looking for a cooler for it. I'm planning of sticking this board in a low-profile case and I was thinking of getting this cooler: Noctua NH-L9i [2] which seems to support LGA1200 sockets.

However, the board has a number of caps placed around the CPU socket and I was wondering, even though the board is LGA1200 and the cooler supports LGA1200 sockets, I can't help to think that this cooler might not fit... 🙁

Opinions/advice welcome 😀

[1] https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/ … C-CSM/techspec/
[2] https://noctua.at/en/nh-l9i