VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Members at VOGONS definitely have things to do other than "VOGONS", that's how life goes. At the end of the day, what do you watch on TV or OTT or anywhere?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 262, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just finished binge watching "Bosch" and I have to say it is the most faithful and rewarding novel to TV adaptation I have seen.

Lately I've been binge watching "The Office" (US) and trying to finish "Cobra Kai" Season 4. I will probably watch "The Mandalorian" Season 1 next.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 3 of 262, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Currently watching Game of Thrones. Never finished the series when it originally aired, so I finally decided to go back and watch the whole thing.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 4 of 262, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I enjoyed "Upload" on Prime, and they just dropped the next season, but I haven't started it yet. Kinda between shows at the moment, but also liked Startup, American Gods, Supernatural, was watching Arrow but it got stale around season 4 or 5.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 5 of 262, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shponglefan wrote on 2022-03-24, 14:36:

Currently watching Game of Thrones. Never finished the series when it originally aired, so I finally decided to go back and watch the whole thing.

Oh, you're in for a treat!
In the 8th season, Sauron dies and Skyler White comes out as lesbian, it's a riot!

Right now, I'm watching mainly a reality TV / dark sitcom called "Major land war against Ukraine but without any Germans".

Last fictional show was "The Expanse" - highly recommended.

I like jumpers.

Reply 6 of 262, by Meatball

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-03-24, 07:04:

Members at VOGONS definitely have things to do other than "VOGONS", that's how life goes. At the end of the day, what do you watch on TV or OTT or anywhere?

What are you doing?

Reply 7 of 262, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You are kind off better off not actually finishing it..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 9 of 262, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The only reason to watch all of Game of Thrones is Peter Dinklage.

Our Flag Means Death (This is surprisingly fairly accurate but obviously exaggerated)
Servant (Really messed up premise, layers upon layers and crazy women)
The Last Kingdom (I am uhtred son of uhtred)

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 10 of 262, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm enjoying Raised by Wolves and was disappointed to realize today that last week's episode was the second season's finale.

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 11 of 262, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Repo Man11 wrote on 2022-03-24, 22:55:

I'm enjoying Raised by Wolves and was disappointed to realize today that last week's episode was the second season's finale.

Oh, there's a second season?
That series is creepy AF, watch at your own peril.

Just discovered that Apple TV's "Foundation" eventually did get released in autumn after quite some covid delay. Really hope it's any good...

I like jumpers.

Reply 12 of 262, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Been rewatching Elementary lately. My big binge since lockdown was all the quirky detective TV shows.

Otherwise, Star Trek Picard Season 2, trying to get my ducks in a row to finally knuckle down and watch Star Trek Discovery so that I can watch Star Trek Strange New Worlds, and maybe catch up with Star Trek Lower Decks and Star Trek: Prodigy.

Recently watched Phantom Thread on Netflix, and a couple episodes of Zelensky's "Servant of the People" (although I haven't figured out whether doing that is in poor taste).

Want to watch Our Flag Means Death, but I don't have HBO right now.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 13 of 262, by Meatball

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote on 2022-03-24, 21:37:

Concur...

Reply 14 of 262, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm actually really curious to see what is so bad about the last couple seasons. I'm going in with morbid curiosity. 😁

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build

Reply 15 of 262, by Meatball

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shponglefan wrote on 2022-03-24, 23:23:

I'm actually really curious to see what is so bad about the last couple seasons. I'm going in with morbid curiosity. 😁

Don't watch the last episode, and you'll be OK.

Reply 16 of 262, by schmatzler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cuttoon wrote on 2022-03-24, 15:09:

Last fictional show was "The Expanse" - highly recommended.

Same. I just finished it and I will really miss this show - especially for all the various ways Shohreh Aghdashloo can say the word "Fuck".

I also started watching "Star Trek: Picard" again. The first season was riding the nostalgia wave, which was fine for me. The second season took me by surprise with all its twists and turns, though. Really exciting, I hope they don't screw up the ending.

The third show I'm currently rewatching with a friend is "Black Sails". This is the only good pirate TV show in existance. Michael Bay worked on the sea fights, Bear McCreary did the excellent musical score and the writing is also excellent.

Repo Man11 wrote on 2022-03-24, 22:55:

That show is so weird, but interesting nonetheless.

Meatball wrote on 2022-03-24, 23:49:

For me, the whole last season of GoT was a massive disappointment. I've invested so much time into this show and they just got some jackasses writing the ending in what felt like two minutes. There's no reason to even start it at all.

Last edited by schmatzler on 2022-03-24, 23:55. Edited 1 time in total.

"Windows 98's natural state is locked up"

Reply 17 of 262, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Meatball wrote on 2022-03-24, 23:49:
Shponglefan wrote on 2022-03-24, 23:23:

Seriously, don't completely blow it out of proportion. It's a TV show. It had to end some way. Not going to spoil it, but none would have been the last revelation of Christ, sa-sa ke?

I like jumpers.

Reply 18 of 262, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Black Sails is great. Also never expected Black Beard (splitting up the name was intentional if you watch our flag means death you'll know why) in the first episode.
It's sad how little attention the show got. Still hoping for a treasure island remake in that style some day.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 19 of 262, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFreak wrote on 2022-03-24, 23:55:

Black Sails is great. Also never expected Black Beard (splitting up the name was intentional if you watch our flag means death you'll know why) in the first episode.
It's sad how little attention the show got. Still hoping for a treasure island remake in that style some day.

Heard good things about Black Sails. Should probably watch it one of these days. 😀

Spartacus is another good one, too.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build