VOGONS

First post, by OpenRift

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've been having issues running dgvoodoo for both of the original Turok games, with varying results.

In Turok 1, using literally any sort of wrapper (like winmm) will only show a black window, and only nGlide seems to work.

In Turok 2, dgvoodoo does work for both Direct3D and Glide modes, but is incredibly laggy for some reason. Again, nGlide works perfectly fine.

This would be all well and good for most, but I usually prefer dgvoodoo for that authentic oldschool look. Does anyone know of any solutions?

Reply 1 of 10, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

TBH, I don't know. I just gave Turok 1-2 a quick go with the latest dgv version and they worked fine.
Must be something on your side. Maybe some third party GPU/overlay stuff installed that's affecting D3D1x? Or a very old GPU?

Reply 3 of 10, by OpenRift

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-04-01, 12:48:

TBH, I don't know. I just gave Turok 1-2 a quick go with the latest dgv version and they worked fine.
Must be something on your side. Maybe some third party GPU/overlay stuff installed that's affecting D3D1x? Or a very old GPU?

I have a RTX 2060, I don't think it's a hardware issue. Not using any sort of overlay either.

Reply 4 of 10, by OpenRift

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ZellSF wrote on 2022-04-01, 15:15:

Turok shouldn't work fine out of the box, so that's weird. Explanation:
Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

So you said that you'd need to patch the Turok 1 EXE to not load all DLLs as video renderers, is there a way to do that?

Reply 7 of 10, by umisery

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
OpenRift wrote on 2022-03-31, 22:12:

I've been having issues running dgvoodoo for both of the original Turok games, with varying results.

Are you referring to the original releases or the Night Dive remasters from a few years ago?

Reply 8 of 10, by OpenRift

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
umisery wrote on 2022-04-02, 22:56:
OpenRift wrote on 2022-03-31, 22:12:

Are you referring to the original releases or the Night Dive remasters from a few years ago?

Original releases. Obviously not the Nightdive ones 🤣