VOGONS

First post, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does this driver or utility let me to overclock the vram to 200MHz instead of 183MHz? The vram is Samsung 5ns, full 128bits.

The Geforce2 MX400 with vram faster than 6ns SDRAM is incredibly hard to find especially 128bits. Only one MX400 I found is 64 bit DDR with 4ns.

Keeping in mind to use much older drivers if needed would it?

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 2 of 5, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Quadro can be overclocked just as any other GeForce via RivaTuner. Also can be soft modded to GeForce 2 MX, as useless as it may be.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 3 of 5, by bofh.fromhell

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
pentiumspeed wrote on 2022-04-12, 01:50:
Does this driver or utility let me to overclock the vram to 200MHz instead of 183MHz? The vram is Samsung 5ns, full 128bits. […]
Show full quote

Does this driver or utility let me to overclock the vram to 200MHz instead of 183MHz? The vram is Samsung 5ns, full 128bits.

The Geforce2 MX400 with vram faster than 6ns SDRAM is incredibly hard to find especially 128bits. Only one MX400 I found is 64 bit DDR with 4ns.

Cheers,

This got me wondering if the MXR's are good overclockers, or at least better then the MX's.
So i dug out my 2 cards and started playing.
Used whatever was in the testbench:
ABIT KT7A v1.1 with an AXP 1800+, all performance related settings enabled and or maxed out in BIOS.
Card's have 6ns Winbond memory chips.
OS = W2K SP4, driver 71.89.
Regular old "coolbits" applied and sure enough the overclocking features show up.
Added an MX style passive heatsink to the card (mine are the heatsink less slower clocked variant from MSI) with a slow 120mm casefan blowing on it.

First tests shows 225 core and 225 mem is stable for 3DMark 2000 (and everything else i could find to torture it with).
Results are 4602 3D Marks at standard clocks (175 core, 166 mem).
And overclocked results a really nice 5676 3D Marks.
Not enough dethrone my 2 ASUS V7100's who manages about 250 core and the same mem.

Well atleast the MXR's are a good alternative to our lovely MX's.
Geforce drivers install WO issue and gaming performance is identical at the same clocks.
Neither cards are expensive, but its still nice to have options =)

Reply 4 of 5, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bofh.fromhell wrote on 2022-04-12, 21:58:
This got me wondering if the MXR's are good overclockers, or at least better then the MX's. So i dug out my 2 cards and started […]
Show full quote
pentiumspeed wrote on 2022-04-12, 01:50:
Does this driver or utility let me to overclock the vram to 200MHz instead of 183MHz? The vram is Samsung 5ns, full 128bits. […]
Show full quote

Cheers,

This got me wondering if the MXR's are good overclockers, or at least better then the MX's.
So i dug out my 2 cards and started playing.

Snip

Well atleast the MXR's are a good alternative to our lovely MX's.
Geforce drivers install WO issue and gaming performance is identical at the same clocks.
Neither cards are expensive, but its still nice to have options =)

That is what this thread is all about, informative!

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 5 of 5, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Hercules "3D Prophet 2 MX" comes with 5.5ns 128bit SDRAM standard, they clocked it to 183MHz as a selling point. Clocking the GPU to MX400 speed should be easy but I was afraid to overclock back when I had one.

They don't seem to be common though. I had a weird video refresh rate issue with mine which became a serious problem with LCDs, but I assume that was a singular defect, not a flaw in the design.