VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I hate getting older, most of the tech I don't seem to understand these days, and it's going to replace me. I try to learn the new lingo and the new tech but I suffer from anhedonia, or similar to burnout. After living minimally and spartan, I realize how much fluff stuff is these days. I wasn't into gaming but more of the underlying technology.

How I ended up in gaming was probably due to isolationism, very limited human physical contact. Maybe the pandemic but it's been there since we moved to virtualization and remote. Businesses I once frequented closed down and I don't see the point of driving anywhere to do anything I cant do at home. These days I am experimenting with writing free works or works that can be freely copied and remixed and commercialized so that somewhere I existed.

The stories are short and are meant to be built on blocks. I wanted to be as famous as Linus Torvalds for creating a free and open kernel. I wanted to do the same with free and open works (stories, graphics, etc.) like Kevin Macleod as well, royalty-free. I find myself in a quandary of reverse existentialism and a midlife crisis, not able to upgrade myself like a PC or replace broken or malformed parts like my limbs.

I think my brain is defective and would like a new one because it's so much easier to replace than a fix in this society of conspicuous consumption. A 30-year-old system would surely be shut down or rebooted, but I cannot be shut down or rebooted only put to sleep. If I truly was a computer I could accept other parts not made by me without my anti-virus/malware attacking myself, but to do that would require I turn off my immune system.

I dream about flying out in space and living on Saturn's rings may be meeting others besides humans and animals. I have premonitions as I think of something then I see something that confirms my thoughts like I'm a psychic.

I write because I want to tear down the libraries, to tear down booksellers, and other forms of non-interactive content.

I am I

Reply 1 of 1, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
twiz11 wrote on 2022-04-21, 01:37:

I hate getting older, most of the tech I don't seem to understand these days, and it's going to replace me. I try to learn the new lingo and the new tech but I suffer from anhedonia, or similar to burnout. After living minimally and spartan, I realize how much fluff stuff is these days. I wasn't into gaming but more of the underlying technology.

How I ended up in gaming was probably due to isolationism, very limited human physical contact.

there in perhaps the source of the anhedonia - more people less isolation is the perhaps the answer

I write because I want to tear down the libraries, to tear down booksellers, and other forms of non-interactive content.

don't - sometimes not having to 'interact' with a technologically driven device or scheme is a relief and an oasis of peace!