VOGONS

dgVodooo 2.7.x and related WIP versions (2)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 120 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thx, I fixed it and reuploaded WIP85.1.
Display ROI, Resampling and Cursor scale factor are only enabled when the scaling mode is one of the those that are 'done' by dgVoodoo itself.
Greying in/out is re-done when the scaling mode changes so you shouldn't restart the cpl. In the explaining tooltip I mention "scaling done by the wrapper".
But if the controls are disabled then the tooltips won't appear, it's the Windows default working mode.

Reply 121 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Squall Leonhart wrote on 2022-02-22, 07:53:

How well does dgvoodoo handle the transition between ddraw and glide these days, i remember Uprising 1/2 having some issues.

lowenz wrote on 2022-02-03, 07:02:

I looked into it and the 750ti only passed as FL12 in the early draft form, the final release had additional requirements added which resulted in maxwell v1 being limited to 11.1

DDraw/Glide transition should work fine, but if you have a specific case, I'll look it up.
Btw, 750ti is indeed FL11.1, somebody (I can't remember who) reported that his 750ti doesn't work with dgV D3D12 and that's why I added D3D12 FL11.0 output.

Reply 122 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote on 2022-02-22, 17:52:

I tried the double cursor fix, doesn't seem to work for Dragon Age Origins, works for Civilization IV.

Are you sure GeneralExt\GDIHooking is enabled? I've just tried it with Dragon Age Origins and it worked, there were no double cursors.

Reply 125 of 237, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

the latest build fixed the issues with GoG Tachyon, but it introduced some black screen bugs when you pair Dgvoodoo with reshade's latest 5.0.2 build.
also tachyon has AA filtering issues, aka the infamous stripes that plagued Resident evil for a while in high res.

Reply 126 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Deffnator wrote on 2022-02-28, 04:10:

the latest build fixed the issues with GoG Tachyon, but it introduced some black screen bugs when you pair Dgvoodoo with reshade's latest 5.0.2 build.
also tachyon has AA filtering issues, aka the infamous stripes that plagued Resident evil for a while in high res.

Shouldn't matter but if you change one of the Brightness/Color/Contrast option to be other than the default, then black screen goes away with Reshade?

Reply 127 of 237, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-03-03, 20:04:
Deffnator wrote on 2022-02-28, 04:10:

Shouldn't matter but if you change one of the Brightness/Color/Contrast option to be other than the default, then black screen goes away with Reshade?

it seems that the game itself can't load reshade at all, i never had these issues in the past with the Flight sims which uses the same engine.

and is the GoG version

Reply 128 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote on 2022-02-22, 20:11:

Very sure. It's also slightly weird in that clicking/right click always makes the second cursor appear (otherwise it's just flickering).

Could potentially be version related, I'm using the latest GOG build, not retail.

I don't think so, but just to make sure, maybe the gog version executable is 64 bit by any chance (from a possible later patch or sg for the game)?
I forgot about the fact that GDI hooking works only with 32bit apps currently, because originally it was intended for old DD/D3D games.

Reply 132 of 237, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Shaun White Snowboarding black screen when enabling antialiasing. The game works, you can hear sounds and navigate the menus but the display is totally black. NOTE: I used the hacked exe that makes the game run on 8+ logical cpus (hyperthreading fix).

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 133 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I release the current fixes as a WIP:

=========================
WIP86:
=========================

- Support for multihead (multimonitor) D3D9 devices (Supreme Commander)
- D3D9 frontend fixes (Painkiller Black with D3D12)
- D3D9 refresh rate validation improvement (Robots)
- Fixing/implementing DDraw-D3D9 cooperation for DirectShow movie playback (Robots)
- Adding option DirectXExt\DisplayOutputEnableMask for enabling individual display outputs
- Removing option DirectXExt\EnableSpecializedShaders
- Fixing a crash (Morbus Gravis)
- Minor DDraw improvements

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP86.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP86_dbg.zip

Reply 137 of 237, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Found out that elishacloud's patch for final liberation works with dgvoodoo2 under d3d9 https://github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/wiki … mer-Epic-40,000
the issue is that the game's screen is permanently locked into 640x480 and when you try to increase its resolution, you have scaling issues.

Reply 138 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote on 2022-03-20, 14:21:

WIP 85 + RX 570 (22.3.1 driver) + DX12
Arcania - Gothic 4 LEGACY MODE (you can access it through steam interface -> beta and it's the only stable and working version of Arcania) just crashes loading a savegame

Patch the executable to Large Address Aware - that solved the problem.