VOGONS

MechWarrior 2 3dfx edition

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 41 of 49, by boglavius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been trying to use Interstate76 3dfx with dgvoodoo. I read here that people obtained good results, but I have this problem - textures get corrupted. I have tried this on 2 different systems (one based on nvidia 7600gt, one on intel on-board and I get the same results). I have tried many configuration options, the results are the same. I have attached a scrrenshot as an example. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• dgvoodoo.png
    Filename
    dgvoodoo.png
    File size
    152.15 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 42 of 49, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

[I have replaced your HUGE 900KB+ BMP screenshot with a smaller PNG version]

Next time use GIF or PNG for screenshots. BMPs are HUGE.

Please, do not double-post.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 43 of 49, by boglavius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sory about the pic and the double post. In the first case, well i'm a noob, in the second, after posting in this topic I realised I wouldn't get much feedback here so I started a new thread. I would have preferred to keep that but I guess now it's out of the question..

Reply 46 of 49, by boglavius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I narrowed the problem..so it occurs only when i hit buildings with rockets. Sounds stupid right? Well after such a hit, the game begins to assign textures randomly (for ex. a flame with a tire texture, smoke with paintjob texture, an so on).
It might yet be a game issue, although it is strange. I have tested also with NitroPack addon (different exe and dll's) and I get the same results.
It's so stupid because I love this game and with the wrapper it looks really good if it weren't for this crappy issue. 🙁
Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Reply 47 of 49, by Flaser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I manged to get my Mech2 3DFx version working under Windows XP using the above posted intermediate dll-s.
For the tech challenged I uploaded the modified/needed files to Megaupload. (You'll also need a glidewrapper, dgvoodo 1.50 recommended):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QXTJ96IE

'Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.' - HK-47

Reply 48 of 49, by 2Mourty

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you so much for all the helpful tips on Mechwarrior 2 3dfx. I now have it running on my computer and it works great. I really lucked out. On ebay I bought, for $1.99, what was advertised as a perfect condition normal win95 version of the game. I was going to do a 3dfx conversion as outlined on this forum. The game arrived in the mail. I opened it up and low and behold it was the 3dfx version of the game! My wife said I shouldn't post the story because it might make people feel bad. This is not my intent I was so excited that I just wanted to tell people about it!

Reply 49 of 49, by FIVE-one

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

haha ! just think how I was happy to play that game after several years having it near my screen like a relic, and to ressucite it in front of my eyes since I have Internet.
after more than 10 years of hope, I can finaly play it again, and THAT's GREAT !

Oh and by the way, I had to be able to play it : I'm a Mechwarrior : AoD player (#9 at Paris Gencon) and I'm a Clan supremacist so this chapter of Clan history is the most important of all. I also own one of the few Widowmaker Dire Wolf that had been released with her deadly MechWarrior : Natasha Kerensky herself...
This might make some people feel bad :p

Hail to the Emperor !