VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So i have a Soundblaster Card and when i use Alchemy with Rune Gold 3D audio technically works but a lot of sounds are coming from the wrong direction. Like audio in front of me comes out of the rear channels and vice versa. If I uses DSOAL with OpenAL-Soft it just doesn't seem to work at all. I am on Windows 11, but I have had this issue on prior Windows versions as well. Does anyone know of a fix? I know several other Unreal 1 based games have pure OpenAL backends not Galaxy, so is there one for Rune Gold?

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood

Reply 1 of 1, by jonpol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Presbytier wrote on 2022-05-12, 13:15:

So i have a Soundblaster Card and when i use Alchemy with Rune Gold 3D audio technically works but a lot of sounds are coming from the wrong direction. Like audio in front of me comes out of the rear channels and vice versa. If I uses DSOAL with OpenAL-Soft it just doesn't seem to work at all. I am on Windows 11, but I have had this issue on prior Windows versions as well. Does anyone know of a fix? I know several other Unreal 1 based games have pure OpenAL backends not Galaxy, so is there one for Rune Gold?

I don't own Rune Gold and don't know whether there is an OpenAL backend, but have you tried IndirectSound to see if it works? I'm not sure if that would give any clues about what is wrong with the other wrappers, but it might at least be one more data point.