https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/b … ff?h=dosbox-ece

And probably also need this:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/l … ff?h=dosbox-ece

https://youtube.com/@zirkoni42

Reply 1442 of 1550, by zirkoni

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's just a few lines, you could easily do the changes manually.

Or download the diff-files and use the patch command in terminal:

patch -p1 < backslash-fix.diff
patch -p1 < linux-fix.diff

https://youtube.com/@zirkoni42

Reply 1444 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for pointing out those issues, it seems those were introduced when I switched back from using the patch embedding the external Glide wrapper support. The patch only adding the internal wrapper is older and still had those two issues. Sorry about that! I fixed them just now so the source should compile now.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 1445 of 1550, by YaketyYakumo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Having what is probably the same joystick issue that was just mentioned - the POV hat isn't recognized by the keymapper if joysticktype is set to fcs.
Setting it to auto works fine, it's just FCS mode that's broken.
Basically it's currently the opposite of how it is in vanilla DOSBox.

Reply 1446 of 1550, by rolloLG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
YaketyYakumo wrote on 2022-05-16, 03:25:

Having what is probably the same joystick issue that was just mentioned - the POV hat isn't recognized by the keymapper if joysticktype is set to fcs.

You got it! 👍🏻
Switching to "joystick=auto" instead of fcs fixes my issue with DPAD/POV-HAT digital joysticks and recent builds of DOSBox ECE!

@Yesterplay80

Last edited by rolloLG on 2022-05-20, 12:19. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1447 of 1550, by dosmax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just wanted to add my voice to the list of those who would very much like the Glide wrapper support back.

Demand might not be high, but that's probably just because most don't know how much better an advanced wrapper like dgVoodo0 with its unmatched resolution/antialiasing etc. options is compared to the integrated OpenGL patch. Perfectly understandable that you want to keep your build as clean as possible, but in this particular case the current solution is just no match for what has been possible until the Glide wrapper support was removed. dgVoodoo truly plays in a league of its own.

Reply 1448 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Alright, with r4477 I (hopefully) re-added the external Glide wrapper, please give it a try.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 1449 of 1550, by DrNilsson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! Sorry if this is an old question (i tried to search it on the forums but i found no answer to it). I have just started to use DOSBox ECE, previously i only used DosBox bundled with steam and gog-games. My question is, is the normal5x scaler completely gone from the latest version of ECE? When googling and searching on this forum i can only find people talking about how it's the best scaler. But it is missing from the config file in the latest ECE. Btw, thanks for a really good "fork" (Correct term?) of DOSBox. 😀

Reply 1450 of 1550, by villeneuve

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, best scaler is dependent on what you're trying to achieve picture-wise and on which display you're scaling. Tell us so that someone here can help give you advice.

Reply 1451 of 1550, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DrNilsson wrote on 2022-05-29, 17:24:

Hello! Sorry if this is an old question (i tried to search it on the forums but i found no answer to it). I have just started to use DOSBox ECE, previously i only used DosBox bundled with steam and gog-games. My question is, is the normal5x scaler completely gone from the latest version of ECE? When googling and searching on this forum i can only find people talking about how it's the best scaler. But it is missing from the config file in the latest ECE. Btw, thanks for a really good "fork" (Correct term?) of DOSBox. 😀

You can use a shader instead. You can find some here:

https://github.com/tyrells/dosbox-svn-shaders

I believe you're interested in "interpolation/pixel_perfect.glsl".

And read the instructions on that page 😀

Reply 1452 of 1550, by DrNilsson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
villeneuve wrote on 2022-05-29, 22:14:

Well, best scaler is dependent on what you're trying to achieve picture-wise and on which display you're scaling. Tell us so that someone here can help give you advice.

I just wondered if those scalers still existed in the latest DosBox ECE. Or if i could add them back somehow. Was looking for pixel perfect picture.

realnc wrote on 2022-05-30, 07:08:
You can use a shader instead. You can find some here: […]
Show full quote
DrNilsson wrote on 2022-05-29, 17:24:

You can use a shader instead. You can find some here:

https://github.com/tyrells/dosbox-svn-shaders

I believe you're interested in "interpolation/pixel_perfect.glsl".

And read the instructions on that page 😀

And pixel perfect is exactly what i was looking for. Thanks 😀

Reply 1453 of 1550, by Zaphod Beeblebrox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, not sure whats wrong, General Midi output in games like Duke3D and Doom doesn't seem to work in r4477, works fine in r4475.

The Recycling Center Special
ASRock K7VM3 | AMD Sempron 2200+ | 512MB DDR333 | inno3D GeForce FX5200 | Sound Blaster Live! CT4830
"Who wants some Wang?"

Reply 1454 of 1550, by supin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.
You have an error in your code src/gui/midi_fluidsynth.h

fluid_settings_setnum(settings, "audio.periods", atof(section->Get_string("fluid.periods")));
fluid_settings_setnum(settings, "audio.period-size", atof(section->Get_string("fluid.periodsize")));
fluid_settings_setstr(settings, "synth.reverb.active", section->Get_string("fluid.reverb"));
fluid_settings_setstr(settings, "synth.chorus.active", section->Get_string("fluid.chorus"));

Should be

fluid_settings_setint(settings, "audio.periods", atoi(section->Get_string("fluid.periods")));
fluid_settings_setint(settings, "audio.period-size", atoi(section->Get_string("fluid.periodsize")));
if (section->Get_string("fluid.reverb")=="yes")
fluid_settings_setint(settings, "synth.reverb.active", 1);
else
fluid_settings_setint(settings, "synth.reverb.active", 0);
if (section->Get_string("fluid.chorus")=="yes")
fluid_settings_setint(settings, "synth.chorus.active", 1);
else
fluid_settings_setint(settings, "synth.chorus.active", 0);

Reply 1455 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote on 2022-06-02, 01:18:

Hey, not sure whats wrong, General Midi output in games like Duke3D and Doom doesn't seem to work in r4477, works fine in r4475.

After reintegrating the patch with the two Glide wrappers I forgot to update the patch for the MT32 support, which resulted in the MT32 emu becoming the default MIDI device. Though, unless MT32 wasn't properly configured, MIDI playback wouldn't work. But it should be fixed now, the default MIDI device should be your system one's now again (e.g. win32 for Windows). Thanks for the feedback!

supin wrote on 2022-06-02, 16:32:

Hello.

Even though that wasn't the cause of MIDI playback not working (see above) I appreciate pointing this error out, thank you very much! That should be fixed as well.

Reply 1456 of 1550, by rolloLG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rolloLG wrote on 2022-05-16, 08:28:
You got it! 👍🏻 Switching to "joystick=auto" instead of fcs fixes my issue with DPAD/POV-HAT digital joysticks and recent builds […]
Show full quote
YaketyYakumo wrote on 2022-05-16, 03:25:

You got it! 👍🏻
Switching to "joystick=auto" instead of fcs fixes my issue with DPAD/POV-HAT digital joysticks and recent builds of DOSBox ECE!

@Yesterplay80

@Yesterplay80
Has this been fixed too? Reverting behaviour as the original DOSBox?

Reply 1457 of 1550, by morphinejh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Yesterplay80 wrote on 2022-06-04, 00:39:
supin wrote on 2022-06-02, 16:32:

Hello.

Even though that wasn't the cause of MIDI playback not working (see above) I appreciate pointing this error out, thank you very much! That should be fixed as well.

@Yesterplay80

I keep an active Linux compile of DosboxECE running to interface with some OPL2/3 hardware (https://github.com/morphinejh/dosboxece-opl). I caught this a few days ago too. There has been an update in Fluidsynth in the recent past where some of the parameters were changed from floating point numbers to integers. Aside from what was already mentioned above, I think it also affects:
Around Line 90 in midi_fluidsynth.h

fluid_settings_setnum(settings, "synth.cpu-cores", atof(section->Get_string("fluid.cores")));

Should be:

fluid_settings_setint(settings, "synth.cpu-cores", atof(section->Get_string("fluid.cores")));

I'm not sure when it changed, but I noticed in upgrading from Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 where they use v2.2.5 of libfluidsynth in the repository.

Reply 1458 of 1550, by dosmax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Yesterplay80 wrote on 2022-05-29, 08:15:

Alright, with r4477 I (hopefully) re-added the external Glide wrapper, please give it a try.

Works perfectly fine again as far as I can tell. Tested with Tomb Raider, Descent 2 and Screamer 2.

Big THANKS! Totally awesome.

Reply 1459 of 1550, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
morphinejh wrote on 2022-06-04, 18:41:

I'm not sure when it changed, but I noticed in upgrading from Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 where they use v2.2.5 of libfluidsynth in the repository.

ECE still uses Fluidsynth 1.16, because the patch I use doesn't work with never versions, so it might as well be that the current options are still correct and working. Could someone try that out maybe?