VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 140 of 262, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I mean I quite liked Howard the Duck and Joe Dirt, just gotta see some things for what they are, not what you want them to be.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 141 of 262, by schmatzler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

After so many years, Barry has resumed with its third season and it's still excellent.

I also started to watch Shining Girls and I'm hooked. It's a typical psycho/thriller/detective story with some nice SciFi twists included. Freshens up the genre quite a bit and I'm interested to see where this is going.

"Windows 98's natural state is locked up"

Reply 142 of 262, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You haven't detailed it one bit. Were you intending to? That smacks of negativity.

Whether a glass is deemed half empty or half full is meaninglrsd. And retard speak. A glass contains as much liquid as it has, regaardless of what you decide.to call it.

I don't experience a surge of power by giving an honest opinion of something. I've heard no one comment on 3-4 shows that I think very highly of. That's not a pessimist, I'm in a lonely camp. I'm just honest. I can be brought to the point of tears laughing and choking over certain jokes. While another person's woke sensibilities are offended. That's not negativity on my part.

I guess I am sort of negative in a sense though. I too seriously take little bites of something as representative of the whole. This happened with the Terminator tv show, Community, and Scrubs. Perhaps somewhat in that order they're my 3 favorite tv shows of all time. I swore I'd never watch any of them. Until I did.

Reply 143 of 262, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chris2021 wrote on 2022-05-08, 20:26:

Well I never watched the X-Files, but I did see the last 9 episodes, all but the final episode, of the Fringe. It was goofy, but at least a little funny. Please don't spoil the very ending.

Many years ago we had Kolchak: the Night Stalker. As a pre pubescent moron I was quite taken with it. I really REALLY wanted to see that dinosaur. Technology had not sufficiently developed for any of that to happen. All we got was hanging lights battered about as I recall. Even STE had a pretty poor cgi Gorn.

one of the things that is so great now is that many streaming services offer old films and series that would never have made it back into regular channels, and perhaps more than that - a lot of series which would never be shown again on a commercial basis will start to show up on various public video streaming sites having been put there by volunteers for posterity

i like seeing older shows now and then for a mix of nostalgia, comparisons and genuine straight entertainment

i don't watch much but its nice to pick and choose from among a vast library not just what's on current channels, streaming (and also, i don't have netflix etc so i rarely know what's cool and popular right now)

i probably watch more youtube etc home grown stuff than professional/commercial tv/movies/social media channels (alot of youtube is at least semi-pro / commercial, but much more isn't)

Reply 144 of 262, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gerry wrote on 2022-05-23, 10:49:

i probably watch more youtube etc home grown stuff than professional/commercial tv/movies/social media channels (alot of youtube is at least semi-pro / commercial, but much more isn't)

Me, too. But there are times I do watch VHS, too.
There are less known works that never made it to DVD or Blu Ray, which is a shame.
Some friendly souls uploaded them to YT, at best.

But whenever possible, I try to get physical copies of films.
Being an observer of IT since the 1990s, I have reasons for that.
I learned that about everything that's online could be altered or lost eventually.
Let's just think of the original Star Wars episode, which was altered postmortem so often. 😉

That's why I value real books and other physical media so much. They can't be altered afterwards by the press of a button.
They're a momentarily snap shot in time. Even if they contain outdated information (no mentioning of STD, ST:P yet, yay!),
that information helps to understand a society of a given time.

Anyway, back on topic. Shows..
I really like watching The IT Crowd from time to time - always cheers me up. 😃
I really recommend watching it!

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 145 of 262, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jo22 wrote on 2022-05-23, 19:40:
But whenever possible, I try to get physical copies of films. Being an observer of IT since the 1990s, I have reasons for that. […]
Show full quote

But whenever possible, I try to get physical copies of films.
Being an observer of IT since the 1990s, I have reasons for that.
I learned that about everything that's online could be altered or lost eventually.
Let's just think of the original Star Wars episode, which was altered postmortem so often. 😉

i'm at the point where i realise that i'm not going to seek to watch many things more than once or twice so don't look for copies, but i recognise the erosion of the library possible without preservation. So i'm always glad when people do collect vhs, dvd etc as they are in some sense custodians (and sometimes kindly upload things that are totally ignored commercially!)

there is something i miss about the 'product' of a tape or dvd though, the box art and blurb, the insert (if any), the opening graphics and selection menu (dvd) and all that. more of a sense of occasion than "resume watching " as indeed cinema used to be more of an occasion than a VHS tape

Reply 146 of 262, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

...(and also, i don't have netflix etc so i rarely know what's cool and popular right now)

Too bad, as you're going to miss out on Ant-Racist Baby and other cool woke shows.

Reply 147 of 262, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chris2021 wrote on 2022-05-24, 22:32:

...(and also, i don't have netflix etc so i rarely know what's cool and popular right now)

Too bad, as you're going to miss out on Ant-Racist Baby and other cool woke shows.

You can see all the racist babies you want in real life so no need to make a fantasy about one.

I prefer the old something awefull black Charlie Brown remakes personally and refuse to monetize non-free TV

Reply 148 of 262, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What exactly is a racist baby? I can't tell if you're joking or not. I have to assume it is some sort of joke. And apologies for omitting the i in anti. The name of the show was (or was supposed to be) Anti-Racist Baby. A baby can neither be racist nor ant racist. But current prevailing wisdom may differ from that assessment.

Reply 149 of 262, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Judging by all the recent fuss about equality, "the little difference" (gender obsession), I believe today everything's possible. 😂
Especially if the baby is cis, white, male with brown hair.. 🙄

Nah, let's just relax and watch "The life of Brian" and "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"! 😁

Edit:

gerry wrote on 2022-05-24, 09:21:

there is something i miss about the 'product' of a tape or dvd though, the box art and blurb, the insert (if any), the opening graphics and selection menu (dvd) and all that. more of a sense of occasion than "resume watching " as indeed cinema used to be more of an occasion than a VHS tape

I feel the same, I think. I always loved the little extras in VHS cases.
Little ads, post cards, pictures, cards etc.

Edit: To name an example:
Back in ~2000, I bought a VHS of ST: Voyager at a petrol station.
It had the final episode with the confrontation between future Janeway and the Borg Queen.
Besides the VHS, there was a glossy photograph (postcard) of the Borg Queen with a signed autograph of the actress.
Sure, it wasn't hand signed. But it was a nice gesture torwards the fans, still.

In the 80s/90s, those laserdisc releases were fantastic!
They weren't for the masses, but film lovers. They had beautiful cover art, extras, an episode list on the foldable pages and so on.
All in all, that was something really special. It reminds me of these "feelies" that came with physical game releases in the 80s/90s.
Back then when we still had box releases of games with manuals, fictional newspapers, diaries and sort of talisman-like objects all related to the game's story.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 150 of 262, by schmatzler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Finished up the Hannibal series with a friend. I can certainly see now why it was cancelled after three seasons. The third season is way too slow to be entertaining. There's 35 minutes of psycho-talk and 10 minutes of action in every episode. I don't know how anyone can sit through this and actually enjoy it.

The movies were fantastic, though. Except the latest one.

"Windows 98's natural state is locked up"

Reply 151 of 262, by creepingnet

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Watched "Pistol" with the wife (Sex Pistols "documentary"), so been getting into Punk a little more lately. Catching up on Stranger Things.

On my own, same old stuff, Bithead1000, Adrian's Digital Basement, Scotty Kilmer, I tend to like people who are very realistic and focus more on the content than production values like the old YouTube days of yore. Sometimes I still pop on an old episode of Computer chronicles, an old music documentary, or Autoweek. Been trying to get more into philosophy via Eizelginger (sp?) - talks abot about Daoist and Buddhist philosophy and Shopenhauer type stuff.

~The Creeping Network~
My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/creepingnet
Creepingnet's World - https://creepingnet.neocities.org/
The Creeping Network Repo - https://www.geocities.ws/creepingnet2019/

Reply 154 of 262, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

After Arrested Development I want to watch Peaky Blinders 😜

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 156 of 262, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Started Bosch: Legacy which was surprisingly good, but wife wanted to move on to Stranger Things 4 🙁

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 157 of 262, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
appiah4 wrote on 2022-06-12, 19:22:

Started Bosch: Legacy which was surprisingly good, but wife wanted to move on to Stranger Things 4 🙁

Stranger Things 4 is good. 😀 You can always go back to Bosch when you finish ST4.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 158 of 262, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shnur wrote on 2022-06-12, 00:34:

SOA - last season is harsh with Tara 😀

I’ve started rewatching as well

Only into season 2 Sort of forgot Mamoa and the main Wraith antagonist weren’t introduced right away.

759660FF-D42E-4B85-B9AE-9619D9BE7E36.jpeg
Filename
759660FF-D42E-4B85-B9AE-9619D9BE7E36.jpeg
File size
111.91 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception