VOGONS

First post, by duboisea

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been playing DOS games for 30 years and only used OPL (and clones). Recently I just got my first Waveblaster cards (S2 and Mcfly) and loving them. It's so fun to hear System Shock/Doom through all these different Soundfonts.

What Waveblaster cards do people enjoy?

Reply 1 of 6, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
duboisea wrote on 2022-05-28, 17:51:

I have been playing DOS games for 30 years and only used OPL (and clones). Recently I just got my first Waveblaster cards (S2 and Mcfly) and loving them. It's so fun to hear System Shock/Doom through all these different Soundfonts.

What Waveblaster cards do people enjoy?

I like the ESS based one along with the X2GS, been thinking of grabbing the turtle beach one for a Vortex2 card.

ESS one is a nice smooth lofi type of sound compared to the X2.

Reply 2 of 6, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yucatan FX (clone of the Cancun FX used on Turtle Beach cards and the Diamond Monster MX200). One of the best sounding GM soundsets imho.

They also just came back in stock (limited run), so get one if you can.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 4 of 6, by SuperDeadite

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I really like the Qwave. Can't compete with external modules (see my sig), but it does it's own thing very nicely.

Modules: CM-64, CM-500, SC-55MkII, SC-88 Pro, SY22, TG100, MU2000EX, PLG100-SG, PLG150-DR, PLG150-AN, SG01k, NS5R, GZ-50M, SN-U110-07, SN-U110-10, Pocket Studio 5, DreamBlaster S2, X2, McFly, E-Wave, QWave, CrystalBlaster C2, Yucatan FX, BeepBlaster