VOGONS

First post, by KingDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!
I need help finding drivers for two sound cards that were installed in a 386 based computer that I have. I have not been able to find any information on these cards beyond the chips being used and one of the cards being, I think, a Sound Media card, though I haven't been able to find any info on this specific card.
The first card is a combo sound and I think modem card

TYN7wkL.jpeg
P80EmQ0.jpeg

The second card is a sound card that has CD-ROM interfaces on the card. The only identifier on the card is the FCC ID which is - JDF-SOUNDMEDIA002. I did try the Sound Media drivers that were in the VOGONS drivers library, but I was not able to get those to work with this card. I'm guessing that driver is for an older Sound Media card.

men72ty.jpeg
ho1BnZJ.jpeg

Thank you for anyones help!

Reply 1 of 5, by Plasma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The first board is a Sierra SQ3460 voice modem.

Reply 2 of 5, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As Plasma said, first card is a modem. Pretty sure the second card is the 2theMax Sound Media Pro.

Hopefully the linked file provides the drivers for that card:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cctlsqixmw1qdq … /SM002.zip/file

Let us know how you go.

Reply 3 of 5, by Plasma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The second board may also work with drivers for the Orchid SoundWave 32 or Wearnes Beethoven ADSP-16 as they are very similar.

Reply 4 of 5, by KingDragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you both! I got the drivers that JidaiGeki gave to work with the card. Thank you all again for the help!

Reply 5 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nice ! Interesting that the FCC ID on the sound card leads to TNC Chemical Co Ltd: Grantee Code: JDF

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun