VOGONS

First post, by Newto3DModeling

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tried using DgVooDoo2 on the 2013 game, Outlast (it runs on Directx9). A 3D model ripper I’m using supports Directx11, not Directx9 so hoping this method would work. However, when running Outlast using DgVooDoo2 with all its needed .dll files, every option on the main menu is unresponsive. The options are highlighted bright and bold, unlike the thin original font. Using the “Enter” key doesn’t work, neither does mouse clicking on the “start”, “options”, etc. Because of this, I can’t start the game to get to the scene I want to rip from at all. Any ideas why this would be?

Reply 1 of 16, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can confirm the unresponsive control symptom. Actually it turned out to be a bug in dgVoodoo, I'll fix it in the next version or WIP (x64 only).

However, I get no rendering glitches. I hate to ask this, but don't you have an AMD card? Just make sure, try the game with D3D12.

Reply 2 of 16, by Newto3DModeling

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-06-13, 19:59:

I can confirm the unresponsive control symptom. Actually it turned out to be a bug in dgVoodoo, I'll fix it in the next version or WIP (x64 only).

However, I get no rendering glitches. I hate to ask this, but don't you have an AMD card? Just make sure, try the game with D3D12.

Thank you for the response! Yes I have an AMD card, And my computer runs on D3D12. The font isn’t a big deal, just an observation. The 3D game models in the back ground of the main menu looks normal so I don’t think there’s an issue there.

Reply 3 of 16, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Newto3DModeling wrote on 2022-06-13, 20:05:

Thank you for the response! Yes I have an AMD card, And my computer runs on D3D12. The font isn’t a big deal, just an observation. The 3D game models in the back ground of the main menu looks normal so I don’t think there’s an issue there.

Well it's not about computer running D3D12 or not. Your GPU supports D3D12 but what you have to do here is use the dgVoodoo2 control panel to set it to use D3D12 over default D3D11

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 4 of 16, by Newto3DModeling

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-06-15, 18:12:
Newto3DModeling wrote on 2022-06-13, 20:05:

Well it's not about computer running D3D12 or not. Your GPU supports D3D12 but what you have to do here is use the dgVoodoo2 control panel to set it to use D3D12 over default D3D11

Oh I see! Yes I did that and the texts are normal now. DgVooDoo2 is new to me so just learning the ways of it at the moment. Thank you!

Reply 6 of 16, by Newto3DModeling

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-06-16, 13:02:

Ok, plz check out v2.79 that I've just released, the problem should be fixed.

Hi! I’ve tried it out and the problem still seems to persist unfortunately. The options are unresponsive. I’ll try it again, maybe I installed something wrong or there may be a conflicting program with Outlast

Reply 8 of 16, by Newto3DModeling

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-06-16, 18:32:

Did you try the x64 version of the game? I only fixed this problem for x64.

Yes, I tried the x64 version. I’m reinstalling the game right now to be sure that everything is clean and not altered (in the case that I did so in the past to get mods working and I forgot afterwards). I’ll be sure to give the results when I try again!

Reply 10 of 16, by Newto3DModeling

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-06-16, 18:44:

You should only overwrite the d3d9.dll in the Binaries\Win64 folder of the game (of course from the MS\x64 folder of dgv package). Or, update d3d9.dll('s) in the ripper if you run it all through that.

Ok, will do! Thank you for the help, much appreciated! And in the Win64 folder, there isn’t a d3d9.dll file to begin with. Could this be why the problem persists? Just curious

Reply 11 of 16, by Newto3DModeling

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I put the D3D9.dll file, configured everything accordingly, and still unresponsive options. Maybe it’s just on my end. But thank you for the updates and the help, I’ll see if I can figure out what’s the problem if it is just me

Reply 12 of 16, by Newto3DModeling

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-06-16, 18:44:

You should only overwrite the d3d9.dll in the Binaries\Win64 folder of the game (of course from the MS\x64 folder of dgv package). Or, update d3d9.dll('s) in the ripper if you run it all through that.

If you don’t mind me asking, does DgVooDoo 2.79 work for Outlast on your system?

Reply 14 of 16, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, it's working for me. I copied d3d9.dll into the Win64 folder and played the game.
You must be using the old d3d9.dll however which I guess is contained somewhere in the ripper folder structure. At least, I have no other idea.

Reply 15 of 16, by Newto3DModeling

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-06-17, 10:46:

Yes, it's working for me. I copied d3d9.dll into the Win64 folder and played the game.
You must be using the old d3d9.dll however which I guess is contained somewhere in the ripper folder structure. At least, I have no other idea.

I see. I’m doing all this without the ripper currently and there seems to be either an issue with my system or I installed something incorrectly. I know this may be a bizarre thing to ask, but could you take a video of you doing the DgVooDoo 2.79 setup for Outlast? Just to endure that I did not miss anything or set up anything incorrectly

Reply 16 of 16, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I did nothing special. I just installed the game (gog version but as for the nature of the bug it shouldn't matter which version) and copied the x64 d3d9.dll into the Win64 game folder.
Then using the default dgVoodoo cfg, except setting the DirectX\VRAM to 2048.

Since the old dll didn't work, I configured the game resolution to the native one through MS D3D9 but that also shouldn't matter.