User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-06-18, 04:52:
HanJammer wrote on 2022-06-17, 23:36:
debs3759 wrote on 2022-06-17, 23:32:

Or close all your windows and enjoy the high 😀

Better not, some air dusters are pretty toxic and inhaled in large quantities can cause brain damage and neurological problems... 🙁
What happened to Gordo in "Halt and Catch Fire" is a serious threat to any guys doing some more serious work with electronics (yet I can't get used to using proper filters when soldering)...

I dont know how it is elsewhere in the world but the most common propellants here are Propane and CO2, with CO2 mainly used for Foodstuffs and Propane used for most other aerosols, air dusters are the exception as laws here made the manufacturers change what they were using so you cant get high from them. (They can still kill you but you sure as fuck wont be high doing it)

Air Dusters here are either propane or butane. They don't say which, but it is highly flammable. I was refilling a lighter with butane one time (from a cheap lighter refill can, not an air duster) and it gave out a spark, and ignited! I was fortunate that the can didn't explode, the flame died when I removed from the lighter.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 45241 of 52355, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HanJammer wrote on 2022-06-15, 21:08:

This superclean Amiga 2000 with keyboard (not that clean)... I didn't knew what to expect inside, and it turned out it has no corrosion at all and 2 Zorro cards (not really something interesting but I will gladly check how Oktagon controller compares to A2091 and GVP cards... Also somebody used hp IDE CD-ROM to fill the empty 5.25" bay ;d - apparently they removed SCSI HDD and optical drive...

Nice. Congrats. 😀 Wish I had the option of buying a big box Amiga.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 45242 of 52355, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

As for me, I bought a few things, nothing really special so no pictures....
Never the less I wanted (needed) them, and so I bought them.

Two adaptor cables for Mac Mini Late 2009. One MiniDVI-to-HDMI and one MiniDisplayPort-to-HDMI.
And then a PiStorm Rev.B in order to switch from Rev.A that I have already.

Going to gift the Rev.A to someone, because the person is interested in the concept.
I find the Mac Mini nice for some vintage Mac gaming. Yes, the catalog is tiny when it comes to Mac but it is ok.
The late 2009 model would also be good enough for WinXP gaming if I wish to do that, though I doubt that I will.
Though it can not hurt to have that option... I mean Core2Duo and Geforce 9xxx-something GFX.

Reply 45243 of 52355, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ZZkZk9QRk&ab_channel=LGR

Seems this guy is back to the old HW insane warehouse... I wish i could dive and dump in there back in 2015 to get with like 20-30 or maybe 50 kilos of stuff... I bet there was Compaq SystemPRO, IBM Model 95, Compaq Portable/ II IBM PC XT, Zenith Data Systems and alot more unique and nice stuff.. 3Dfx cards, imagine if there was a box full of voodoo 4 and 5 and maybe even 5 6000.... Also NorthGate Omnikey 101 keyboard, IBM Model F, or some rare such as IBM Model M13, or Model M gen 0 industrial grey........

Mah systems retro, old, newer (Radical stuff)
W3680 4.5/ GA-x58 UD7/ R9 280x
K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM x2 P3 933/ GA-6VXD7/ Voodoo V 5.5K
Cmq P2 450/ GA-BX2000/ V2 SLI
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 45244 of 52355, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote on 2022-06-18, 20:37:
As for me, I bought a few things, nothing really special so no pictures.... Never the less I wanted (needed) them, and so I boug […]
Show full quote

Two adaptor cables for Mac Mini Late 2009. One MiniDVI-to-HDMI and one MiniDisplayPort-to-HDMI.

Going to gift the Rev.A to someone, because the person is interested in the concept.
I find the Mac Mini nice for some vintage Mac gaming. Yes, the catalog is tiny when it comes to Mac but it is ok.
The late 2009 model would also be good enough for WinXP gaming if I wish to do that, though I doubt that I will.
Though it can not hurt to have that option... I mean Core2Duo and Geforce 9xxx-something GFX.

I believe it’s also one of the last that can run leopard, giving you access to writing to standard HFS, meaning you can transfer to much older macs easier.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 45245 of 52355, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a tremendous respect for Mac collectors, because of how nightmarish it is to collect and configure and ROMs and hardware-specific OS install disks!

I used a Mac as a child in libraries and school environments, back when it was still a very posh thing. I have no desire to collect these computers, as I must draw the line somewhere. But I do keep one PoweBook G4 Titanium (PowerPC) and an aluminum MacBook Pro (2008 or 2011, I forget). I'm happy with this.

I wish I had an Apple II, ideally a Laser 128. But it would be wasted on me. I can be satisfied with emulators for this.

Mad props, to any vintage Mac collector.

Reply 45246 of 52355, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kahenraz wrote on 2022-06-19, 03:42:
I have a tremendous respect for Mac collectors, because of how nightmarish it is to collect and configure and ROMs and hardware- […]
Show full quote

I have a tremendous respect for Mac collectors, because of how nightmarish it is to collect and configure and ROMs and hardware-specific OS install disks!

I used a Mac as a child in libraries and school environments, back when it was still a very posh thing. I have no desire to collect these computers, as I must draw the line somewhere. But I do keep one PoweBook G4 Titanium (PowerPC) and an aluminum MacBook Pro (2008 or 2011, I forget). I'm happy with this.

I wish I had an Apple II, ideally a Laser 128. But it would be wasted on me. I can be satisfied with emulators for this.

If you can google some specific apple-sourced cd images, the pre OS 7.6 install disks are quite easy to make. I'm also lucky in that, barring something like a 128k falling in to my lap for free, the SE/30 and IIGS I got recently support ADB, making all my devices easy to transfer accessories between.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 45247 of 52355, by OMORES

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This Seagate ST51080A 3.5 inch slim sexy looking hard drive (1GB) ...

Fun fact: the drive didn't work. (some strange clicking, but not the usual type) Usually I don't bother, but I decided to open it up... and something magic happened, because it booted up fine, with no strange noises. And I didn't touch anything. Found a bootable Windows 98SE with Office 95 on it.

Attachments

Reply 45248 of 52355, by bofh.fromhell

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
OMORES wrote on 2022-06-19, 13:06:

Fun fact: the drive didn't work. (some strange clicking, but not the usual type) Usually I don't bother, but I decided to open it up... and something magic happened, because it booted up fine, with no strange noises. And I didn't touch anything. Found a bootable Windows 98SE with Office 95 on it.

Great looking drives!
My first "real" HDD purchase was the 1.28GB Seagate ST51270A.
Never understood why they choose a non standard physical format for those.
Ok granted that it would require slightly less material to produce, but they also limited themself to fewer platters.

And probably your bearing was stuck and when opening it you loosened it enough to allow it to start.

Reply 45249 of 52355, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ordered a Trident 4DWAVE based card. The Aztech 270 PCI288 (N270 is found on several of heir cards and means who knows what) was the only one I could find with S/PDIF out . The plan is to use it alongside a YMF724 based card for OPL3 in a Pentium 4 board with DDMA support.

EDIT : Corrections

Last edited by darry on 2022-06-19, 16:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 45250 of 52355, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BetaC wrote on 2022-06-19, 02:08:
brostenen wrote on 2022-06-18, 20:37:
As for me, I bought a few things, nothing really special so no pictures.... Never the less I wanted (needed) them, and so I boug […]
Show full quote

I believe it’s also one of the last that can run leopard, giving you access to writing to standard HFS, meaning you can transfer to much older macs easier.

I bought it with Tiger or something installed. Now it is running Snow Leopard or Leopard. I can't remember exactly. Personally I dont care, as long as I am able to play BF-1942 on OsX. Yes, sounds wierd and bizarre, but that is the novelty about it.

Reply 45251 of 52355, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kahenraz wrote on 2022-06-19, 03:42:
I have a tremendous respect for Mac collectors, because of how nightmarish it is to collect and configure and ROMs and hardware- […]
Show full quote

Well.... I am not really a Mac collector. I only have two machines, were one is a Mac Mini G4 1,42 gigaherz that I use for MacOS9 and MorphOS. And then I have that Mac Mini late-2009 Core2Duo that I use for Mac games that were released during the WinXP era. Aprox, somewhat, or something like that. Personally I am more into Amiga, Commodore64, 286-486 era stuff. Or the Pentium-166 that I have and then I have a lot of Socket-478 and Socket-A that are Win98se compatible. I am actually so personally attached to Commodore64, that I have build my self two Commodore64's from scratch. One is a 1:1 clone of the 1986 machine (Model-C revision 250466) and the other is an ATX form factor board. The only Mac that I have ever wanted, is a PowerPC 6100 with PC card. But Mac Mini in the classic case design, does look cool. There is even an Os9 image that have been modded to allow the installation of Os9 on G4's. But yeah.. It is no PowerPC 6100 with MacOS7.

Reply 45252 of 52355, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been after a Audio Capture interface for a while now but i'm a cheap ass, but this popped up and got it for £25. Its a Roland UA-25 which is quite old, but I've got it working on Win 10 21h2 and it works flawlessly. It captures both Analogue and Digital which is what i was looking for and has Midi also.

Plan to record some audio from AWE32 EMU8000/OPL3 (Digital), EWS64XL and Wavetable Boards (Digital) and some Midi Modules.

FoAbWp9l.jpg

Reply 45253 of 52355, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't have any digital capture devices. They look very interesting, and I hope to buy one someday. I only just bought my first quality analog capture devices a few months ago, and I'm quite happy with them.

Reply 45254 of 52355, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote on 2022-06-19, 15:46:

The only Mac that I have ever wanted, is a PowerPC 6100 with PC card. But Mac Mini in the classic case design, does look cool. There is even an Os9 image that have been modded to allow the installation of Os9 on G4's. But yeah.. It is no PowerPC 6100 with MacOS7.

I've always admired the color Mac Classic. I would love to own one with a Mystic upgrade. This will never happen, as I have no place to put it and would probably never use it. It would be wasted on me. But like the Laser 128, it's something that I admire as a collector's item, from a distance.

Reply 45255 of 52355, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kahenraz wrote on 2022-06-19, 17:55:
brostenen wrote on 2022-06-19, 15:46:

The only Mac that I have ever wanted, is a PowerPC 6100 with PC card. But Mac Mini in the classic case design, does look cool. There is even an Os9 image that have been modded to allow the installation of Os9 on G4's. But yeah.. It is no PowerPC 6100 with MacOS7.

I've always admired the color Mac Classic. I would love to own one with a Mystic upgrade. This will never happen, as I have no place to put it and would probably never use it. It would be wasted on me. But like the Laser 128, it's something that I admire as a collector's item, from a distance.

I kind of feel the same about my Amiga1200. I have it now, after all this time, but I am not using it as much as I should.

Reply 45256 of 52355, by Radical Vision

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
OMORES wrote on 2022-06-19, 13:06:

Yes that HDD is looking great... I did found the same sports like looking SeaGate, too bad it was dead i was so pissed.. Did even want to keep the drive on the shelve (where i had dead DFI x58 LanParty, EPoX 8RDA+ Pro, broken on chips Voodoo II and others) only because it looks so nice... But since i started getting rid of ded HW i did trash most of these shelve parts including that Medalist race style drive....

Lol that was hell of a fix... I never open drives even broken ones.... I dont think there is some reason in fixing broken HDD by simply opening it.. I heard that when put in a freezer a HDD may recover, but that never happened when i did try multiple times on drives with bad sectors...

Mah systems retro, old, newer (Radical stuff)
W3680 4.5/ GA-x58 UD7/ R9 280x
K7 2.6/ NF7-S/ HD3850
IBM x2 P3 933/ GA-6VXD7/ Voodoo V 5.5K
Cmq P2 450/ GA-BX2000/ V2 SLI
IBM PC365
Cmq DeskPRO 486/33
IBM PS/2 Model 56
SPS IntelleXT 8088

Reply 45257 of 52355, by pete8475

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Radical Vision wrote on 2022-06-20, 05:22:

Yes that HDD is looking great... I did found the same sports like looking SeaGate, too bad it was dead i was so pissed.. Did even want to keep the drive on the shelve (where i had dead DFI x58 LanParty, EPoX 8RDA+ Pro, broken on chips Voodoo II and others) only because it looks so nice... But since i started getting rid of ded HW i did trash most of these shelve parts including that Medalist race style drive....

Lol that was hell of a fix... I never open drives even broken ones.... I dont think there is some reason in fixing broken HDD by simply opening it.. I heard that when put in a freezer a HDD may recover, but that never happened when i did try multiple times on drives with bad sectors...

I have only ever seen the freezer thing work with bad Fujitsu drives. The ones they recalled and paid you for.

Reply 45258 of 52355, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Bancho wrote on 2022-06-19, 16:05:
I've been after a Audio Capture interface for a while now but i'm a cheap ass, but this popped up and got it for £25. Its a Rola […]
Show full quote

I've been after a Audio Capture interface for a while now but i'm a cheap ass, but this popped up and got it for £25. Its a Roland UA-25 which is quite old, but I've got it working on Win 10 21h2 and it works flawlessly. It captures both Analogue and Digital which is what i was looking for and has Midi also.

Plan to record some audio from AWE32 EMU8000/OPL3 (Digital), EWS64XL and Wavetable Boards (Digital) and some Midi Modules.

FoAbWp9l.jpg

Ahh very nice, let us know how you like it 😀

I've owned a Behringer UMC22 as my main DAC for playing/recording guitar for a while now. It's a similar dual channel DAC so I can record from stereo sources with it but equalizing the gain on the two channels is a bitch (you can not link them) so when I saw a near mint Behringer UCA222 in box with manuals and software for sale for 12 bucks locally I just grabbed it. This should make recording from retro computers as well as from casette and LPs sooo much easier!

I'll post photos once I get it in the mail.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 45259 of 52355, by CrFr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sealed copy of OS/2 3.0 in finnish language. I'm tempted to open and try installing it, but then it wouldn't be sealed anymore 😁 I've never used OS/2.

os2.jpg
Filename
os2.jpg
File size
397.99 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0