Error_Too_Many_Edits.

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 29, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
zapbuzz wrote on 2022-06-23, 07:22:

when i edit a post it also double posts because i think it didn't submit also so i flag the double and leave a smiley on it empty of words 🤣

You can delete posts if it’s the most recent one.

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 21 of 29, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Sphere478 wrote on 2022-06-23, 07:29:
zapbuzz wrote on 2022-06-23, 07:22:

when i edit a post it also double posts because i think it didn't submit also so i flag the double and leave a smiley on it empty of words 🤣

You can delete posts if it’s the most recent one.

i'll remember thanks for that

Reply 22 of 29, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Sphere478 wrote on 2022-06-23, 07:00:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-06-23, 06:50:
Sphere478 wrote on 2022-06-23, 06:35:

Yeah, the problem is I go to update a post and now have to remember what I was going to do in a few days and it never gets done.

Still encountering this issue. Can someone help? It’s keeping me from updating my posts with new info.

Have you tried the same with a Vpn?

Never messed with vpns. Seems like admin could just flip a switch though.

I was about to say maybe that started because of a vpn usage.

Anyways no useful answer is coming here. Maybe PMing a mod is the best option

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 23 of 29, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-06-23, 08:18:
Sphere478 wrote on 2022-06-23, 07:00:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-06-23, 06:50:

Have you tried the same with a Vpn?

Never messed with vpns. Seems like admin could just flip a switch though.

I was about to say maybe that started because of a vpn usage.

Anyways no useful answer is coming here. Maybe PMing a mod is the best option

I think I did a while back, no reply.

Mods are kinda ghosts around here sometimes.

I reported the thread to get attention.

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
-
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 24 of 29, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is a limit on edits to prevent people from purging all their posts. Here on VOGONS, even a 10 year old post will have useful information, and will do so in the future. A huge load of traffic comes from Google and people finding old threads, so posts being removed would make the context much harder to understand.

There isn't any limit on any specific thread, it's all on your user and the edit limit will reset after a certain amount of time.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 25 of 29, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vetz wrote on 2022-06-23, 10:24:

There is a limit on edits to prevent people from purging all their posts. Here on VOGONS, even a 10 year old post will have useful information, and will do so in the future. A huge load of traffic comes from Google and people finding old threads, so posts being removed would make the context much harder to understand.

There isn't any limit on any specific thread, it's all on your user and the edit limit will reset after a certain amount of time.

No way to make my account allowed more? I have like 1000 posts I update with new info all the time. (Not really, but a lot)

I agree, the info here is super important. It’s why I take the time to update and make everything as nice as I can.

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
-
-

Reply 27 of 29, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Sphere478 wrote on 2022-06-23, 10:56:

No way to make my account allowed more? I have like 1000 posts I update with new info all the time. (Not really, but a lot)

I agree, the info here is super important. It’s why I take the time to update and make everything as nice as I can.

Unfortunately not, it's a global rule and there is no way for us to modify it per user.

The edit limit should anyway be high enough to not cause problems for normal use. You are actually the second user who has run into it (except the purgers) (the other was the Ultimate Retro guys who wanted to update all the links/URL's in their previous posts).

I can't recommend so much more than you try to read more carefully through your posts before doing edits. Try to catch as much as possible before hitting the button.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 28 of 29, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

OK, I’ll just wait for the timers to expire

It seems like the timers are different for different threads, by the way. It kind of locked me out of the threads that I’ve edited a lot. Like my CPU thread. I won’t be in it for days or weeks, But it won’t let me do anything. But I can edit in other threads. Then I try again in a week and it lets me make like a few edits, and then lock me out again.

But as you said, nothing you can do. thanks guys.

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
-
-

Reply 29 of 29, by computerguy08

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vetz wrote on 2022-06-23, 17:51:

You are actually the second user who has run into it (except the purgers) (the other was the Ultimate Retro guys who wanted to update all the links/URL's in their previous posts).

I haven't even touched my old posts with win3x links, have been too lazy to do it 😜
And just thinking of the amount I'd have to edit I would reach that limit as well