VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 160 of 262, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Finished Moon Knight. It was alright; felt a bit rushed at times with too many exposition dumps.

Started watching the new season of Love, Death and Robots. A couple episodes in and it's good so far.

Last edited by Shponglefan on 2022-06-19, 02:31. Edited 2 times in total.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 164 of 262, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Still watching Stranger Things 4. From a story, production and direction standpoint it's amazing how really really good it is in its fourth season, but aside from Max, Dustin and Steve the entire cast has lost their charm for me. Unless the story makes up for it, bringing me back for the 5th season will be a tough sell. I really want to go back to Bosch Legacy.

Also, recent RLM commentary on Obi-Wan where they actually LIKED something Star Wars makes me want to see it.

awgamer wrote on 2022-06-19, 02:36:

I don't, they're unwatchable sjwlgbtqblmantifaasdf agenda, and much of games are the same way. I suppose it's okay, they're time wasters so may as well waste the time of those groups.

This is wrong on so many layers that I don't know where to start. Without going into the political aspects of it which make you come across as a complete condescending bigoted asshole, I'll just point out the irony of seeing this complaint about some form of entertainment being a timewaster on a board about GAMES of all things and wash my hands clean of it once and for all.

Last edited by appiah4 on 2022-06-21, 08:57. Edited 2 times in total.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 165 of 262, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Strange New Worlds has been my favorite star trek content in awhile.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 166 of 262, by awgamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was going to say I'm 100% "bigoted" except that bigoted is described as unreasonable, irrational, I can point out all day long how that's not the case, aka back up what I say, show after show putting round pegs in square holes to push xyz agenda. Yes, like so many I grew up an entertainment junkie, all the ham fisted agenda pushing has weened me off to a very large extent. Not so ironic in that light from being on a vintage gaming forum.

Reply 168 of 262, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just finished Twin Peaks season 3 (the 2019 series).

Now on Web of Make Believe (netflix). Watched the Andy Warhol series too. And the Giger program on Amazon. And that program about Szukalski.

Wish there would be another series of Midnight Diner.

Couldn't even finish the first episodes of Stranger Things or Killing Eve. I forget why.

Reply 169 of 262, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stiletto wrote on 2022-03-24, 23:14:
Been rewatching Elementary lately. My big binge since lockdown was all the quirky detective TV shows. […]
Show full quote

Been rewatching Elementary lately. My big binge since lockdown was all the quirky detective TV shows.

Otherwise, Star Trek Picard Season 2, trying to get my ducks in a row to finally knuckle down and watch Star Trek Discovery so that I can watch Star Trek Strange New Worlds, and maybe catch up with Star Trek Lower Decks and Star Trek: Prodigy.

Recently watched Phantom Thread on Netflix, and a couple episodes of Zelensky's "Servant of the People" (although I haven't figured out whether doing that is in poor taste).

Want to watch Our Flag Means Death, but I don't have HBO right now.

i certainly recommend sar trek picard has there been more seasons than 2?

Reply 171 of 262, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Strange New World and the Orville are the only shows that I am actively keeping up with nowadays, though I have been forced to watch NBC's Primetime programming and Dr Phil for months thanks to work. Outside of the first episode having connections to Discovery, SNW otherwise unconnected to it, and seems to be focusing on being a series of good shows, instead of the most important thing ever. I do also hope that the Orville gets a fourth season, because it's continuing to just be good Star Trek. Funnily enough, Today's SNW was far more comedic than the show literally starring Seth MacFarlane.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 172 of 262, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe
For some reason I'm surprised how good this is but I really shouldn't be.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 175 of 262, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Started watching Season 4 of Stranger Things.

While I'm liking the character moments and continued development as they move into high school, I'm not sure how I feel about the extended episode lengths and the Big Bad for Season 4. I get 80's horror movie villain vibes, which I suppose is what they are going for.

But I miss the more abstract, Lovecraftian horror of Season 1. I don't suppose they'll ever be able to recapture that.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 177 of 262, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

We just finished Stranger Things 4 last night. I felt like it was a poor season overall. All previous seasons started slow and built up to a tense climax, however this one started tense and built up to a forgettable anti-climax. The cliffhanger ending also did nothing for me.

Part of the problem is that the cast have lost their charm. Half of the original gang no longer come across as likable people anymore. In particular, I can no longer stand seeing Jonathan, Will, Joyce, Mike and Eleven on the screen. Eleven in particular has become an obnoxious Mary Sue that is comparable to Rey in terms of being relegated to a 2D plot device character. To the actors' credit, this is not entirely their fault. The showrunners wrote them into a corner where they really had a very weak plot and pretty terrible dialog. That said, the actors also don't do themselves any justice either - every time these characters were on screen I was cringing inwardly - they just can't seem to fake any kind of believable human emotion.

Add to this the fact that, SPOLER WARNING! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! They killed off one of the two most interesting characters and put the other in a vegetative state. Yeah I'm thrilled for Season 5.. Not.

Three more gripes I want to share. First is the ultimate villain reveal.. While I get it that it always had to be in some way personal for Eleven for all of these things to be taking place in Hawkins, but the ultimate villain feeling less scary and less powerful than the Season 3 villain did not set a great tone. Second, the two part release was a terrible idea. Volume 1 was bloated enough already, and good editing would have easily brought down every episode easily down to 50 minutes or so; the filler was aggravating. As for Volume 2, who thought releasing it as 2 2hr+ episodes was a good idea is an idiot. Thirdly, fuck Brenner. Not only is there no explanation of how he survived, but he also serves no purpose. SPOILER ALERT: Even his death serves no purpose, existence of Brenner in this show does not advance Eleven's character one single bit. He is a clear sign that Stranger Things at this point is about as creatively bankrupt as Star Wars was when they brought Palpatine back in Episode IX.

All in all, a solid 4/10 for me. Enjoyed half of it, the other half irritated me a lot, and it was too long, badly acted and badly edited.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 178 of 262, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have just finished watching Frasier. Else I have been glued to the screen during both the Kenobi and Bobba Fett series.
Else I am watching Family Guy, Futurama and then a couple of series with airline disasters and enginering mistakes.
I have also been rewatching some of the iconic Simpsons episodes and I have started to watch The Walking Dead from start again.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011