VOGONS

First post, by superchad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to Get a SoundBlaster 16 CT2830 with a Creative CD4000M disk drive

trying to figure out what i need to do do get this configured so that i can use the CD in DOS and Windows 3.1 to install a few games (and not have to copy everything to floppies) really just want to Install a Monopoly game, Doom, and SimCity 2000

Reply 1 of 6, by superchad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here is from troubleshooting I have done in a Facebook group with another individual,

The CD-ROM is a Creative CD4000M (Re-badged Mitsumi FX400) the Sound Blaster 16 (CT2830)is is jumpered to Tertiary (1E8) and IRQ 11, the computer This is in a Gateway2000 4DX-33V with onboard IDE
I have the most recent version of the Mitsumi Driver and are using the /P parameter to specify the IDE Address and IRQ.

getting an "Unable to detect ATAPI CD-ROM" Error from the Mitsumi driver, all other drivers also fail to detect a CD

Reply 2 of 6, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I assisted this user on Facebook and was able to confirm jumper settings and IDE Ribbon orientation as correct.

I wanted to ask: Did you use the included set-up program from the Driver zip? Did you use the Dell or the archive.org drivers?

Also, please post a pic of your AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS. I guarantee that it will be the first thing requested otherwise.

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build

Reply 3 of 6, by superchad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I used a setup program I found elsewhere to install mscdex, I used the Dell drivers for the drive

attached most recent config.sys and autoexec.bat

Attachments

Reply 6 of 6, by superchad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well I got 2 drives that are detected

changed the settings on the card to quaternary and the config in config.sys to /P:168,11,3EE using gscdrom.sys

CDS-2420
Lite-ON LTN382

however neither DOS or Windows can read disks