Common searches

can anyone recommend a cologne?

Topic actions

First post, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When I do fumigate myself, I'd use this Bod stuff, Ble Surf iinm. I like it. But I think it's time to graduate to a "real" grown ups cologne. There's a bottle of a reddish (really pink) Polo scent kicking around the house. It sort of smells nice, but too damn tooty fruity. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about me.

Reply 1 of 50, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Definitely avoid this https://twitter.com/krytenrd/status/107691107 … 9002240?lang=en 😉

On a more serious note, and IMHO, actually going out to try stuff with a second nose (spouse, close friend, sibling, parent) would probably help narrow it down.

A second visit to make a final selection should be considered as going "nose blind" is likely on first outing if lots of products are tested.

Reply 3 of 50, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Funny. It was back in the 80s as I recall that a 20/20 expose explained pigs urine was used in some colognes. Lately some women smell like bo. And it's not necessarily as it seems. Some lady's fragrances just smell that way.

Reply 6 of 50, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 7 of 50, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2022-08-28, 12:26:

I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory.

I just watched the redux version for the first time the other day. Not bad, but a tad too long. Nice to see the extra footage regardless.

Reply 8 of 50, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Besides all that being hideous and diabolical, please refrain from hijacking threads about pleasant stuff. Go start a thread about war mongering. Amd other assorted nasty matters.

Reply 11 of 50, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
chris2021 wrote on 2022-08-28, 13:32:

Besides all that being hideous and diabolical, please refrain from hijacking threads about pleasant stuff. Go start a thread about war mongering. Amd other assorted nasty matters.

I've never seen a thread that needed hijacking more than this one.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 13 of 50, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sort of related, how do I tell someone they have bad breath without offending them? This is an older lady who used to live with her sister, but now lives alone, and has no one to tell her these things.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 14 of 50, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You put a toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash in their mailbox. If they don't use it, they likely don't care what other people think.

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 15 of 50, by Meatball

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chris2021 wrote on 2022-08-28, 13:36:

Forgive me but I'm skeptical about anything related to snoop dog. I'm looking for something that smells refreshing, not funkadelic.

Calvin Klein Eternity and Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey

POR HOMME. Remember; POR HOMME!

Reply 16 of 50, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Someone please tell me why any thread needs hijacking. People find certain threads titillating, if even in a bad way. Then much malarkey ensues.

I will start a thread about cats soon. Lessee what all the he-men (actually she males) will say about it.

Reply 17 of 50, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heh, fun with this one I can have. Try Drakar Noir, NOT "Drakan" mind you.

Go cheap? Aqua Velva all the way!

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 18 of 50, by ptr1ck

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This question is really terrible for this forum.. Like the demographic here probably isn't the best at making decisions on how they smell. A fair amount probably smell more like smoke than anything else. 😁

"ITXBOX" SFF-Win11
KT133A-NV28-V2 SLI-DOS/WinME

Reply 19 of 50, by Jasin Natael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chris2021 wrote on 2022-08-29, 11:59:

Someone please tell me why any thread needs hijacking. People find certain threads titillating, if even in a bad way. Then much malarkey ensues.

I will start a thread about cats soon. Lessee what all the he-men (actually she males) will say about it.

You managed to work in the word "titillating" unironically.
Then you upped it with "malarkey"

You win and don't even need a sweet fragrance to do so.