VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Matt The Soopaa pro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i need a 3dfx glide driver for running shadow warrior shareware on dosbox x with the 3dfx patch, can someone help me get the dll driver? i really wanna try sw 3dfx

Reply 1 of 6, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can't help with the driver but I know from experience it's really not worth it in my opinion. The patch didn't improve on the graphics and actually it
looks better without it. The alternative is to use the "raze" mod for opengl, vulkan and etc. Check it out here: https://raze.zdoom.org/about

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 3 of 6, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Glide2x.ovl is included in Win9x drivers.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 4 of 6, by Hezus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here is all info you need:
http://www.r-t-c-m.com/knowledge-base/documen … mu-3dfx-sw.html

And I never pass on the opportunity to be the actually-guy:

ACTUALLY, in MSDOS there are no drivers for 3DFX (Glide) support. Developers had to make separate versions of the game executable for it to be supported.

In DOSBOX that's a slightly different story because it's emulated.

Visit my YT Channel!

Reply 5 of 6, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There are no MS-DOS 3dfx drivers. If you have the card, use the 3dfx executable. DOS games supporting 3dfx come with separate executable to use the card.

If having a Voodoo2 card, you need to add some lines in the autoexec file.

And finally, this thread is not for dosbox, but real DOS platform.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 6 of 6, by henk717

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As others mentioned for real DOS its bundled with the 98 driver but the file is called glide2x.ovl in case you need it.

In your case however that is not going to work, you need a special one built into Dosbox itself. To unlock it get a good glide emulator for your modern windows such as nglide and then change your dosbox settings to use it rather than the built in one.

This will automatically install a compatible driver inside your dosbox.