Topic actions

Reply 2260 of 2280, by jordanpublic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@sleepybear360

Hi. Any news?

sleepybear360 wrote on 2021-04-03, 15:35:

Yes, D-Fend Renewed (thanks for the name by the way) has been born on 4-3-2021 and is ready to live, provided you want it too! What I am doing now is preparing to recreate and fix a lot of the issues in D-Fend Reloaded is a new iteration of the application called D-Fend Renewed, and it needs your support to live. What do I mean by support? Well, simply put, there has to be an interest in the project before I decide to continue it, after all, it doesn't make sense to spend hundreds of man-hours on an application if nobody will use it. So consider this post to be a probe if you will so I can tell if there is still a need in 2021 for this once beautiful piece of software.

Reply 2264 of 2280, by Furztherapeut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
FunkySonicO wrote on 2022-02-06, 20:21:

And what about DOSBox-X? If anyone is planning to remake D-Fend or update it... Thanks!

At this point I have given up all hope that D-Fend will ever return with Dosbox-X support.

Reply 2265 of 2280, by Alexis78

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote on 2021-11-12, 07:23:
From the DBGL thread: […]
Show full quote

From the DBGL thread:

1. First step is to generate .conf files from your D-Fend Reloaded profiles using D-Fend Reloaded in Windows: simply select File -> Export -> Create conf files;
  2. After these files have been generated, start DBGL and choose Profiles -> Import D-Fend (Reloaded) Profiles. Select your D-Fend Reloaded directory, and the folder into which you just saved the .conf files;
  3. Finish the wizard.

After these steps, if you were using relative paths in DFR, you will have to move your games folders into DBGL's DOSROOT folder. Just let me know if you need more help.

Hello, sorry for my delay in the response.
I did that and now I have DBGL instead of D-Fend Reloaded. I used the option in DBGL version 0.95, in Profiles, there is the option called "Import D-Fend (Reloaded) Profiles. I needed the so called *.confs files as You said.

Now I have my new list of games there, but then I needed to copy all the video games to Dosroot folder in DBGL. I did that but when I cliked a game to load, It didn´t work, so I went game by game selecting the Edit option inside each game and editing the Path to the executable and the Installation archive.

Its a bit boring do It for each game but well, now I could delete D-Fend Reloaded because It´s not updated anymore.

Thanks!, I have my question resolved.

Reply 2266 of 2280, by illusions

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi , can someone help me how to configure D-Fend Reloaded 1.4.4 to load Microsoft Adventure version 1.00

I got from https://winworldpc.com/product/microsoft-adventure/100

I have read this thread Re: Microsoft Adventure in D-Fend Reloaded
but still cannot get it to run from the img.

Reply 2267 of 2280, by frosty024

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
illusions wrote on 2022-08-13, 23:33:
Hi , can someone help me how to configure D-Fend Reloaded 1.4.4 to load Microsoft Adventure version 1.00 […]
Show full quote

Hi , can someone help me how to configure D-Fend Reloaded 1.4.4 to load Microsoft Adventure version 1.00

Quick & Dirty without setting up screen shots, game info, custom settings, etc:

1. Add>Add manually...>Add DOSBox profile...
WfLIiVu.jpg

2. Give it a Profile name:
YKM3OTI.jpg

3. Change the Render mode to ddraw (most compatible and allows scaling), change the video card to hercules (less-blocky text), then set it to run in a window with a smaller resolution (the text will be massive on a larger monitor) for ease of reading:
kwYREJc.jpg
This entire step is OPTIONAL, but I prefer to do this because the default settings make the game hard to read on my ultra-wide monitor due to the text being blown-up.

4. Set it to run as a booter image and point it to your extracted .IMG file:
T0QWr2S.jpg

5. Run it:
C5jXyYD.jpg

Reply 2268 of 2280, by CRN68

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bonjour,
Nous avons installé la dernière version de D-Fend Reloaded sur notre Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Asus / Intel laptop).
Installation ok mais le programme refuse de se lancer, et renvoie une mini-fenêtre écrite en allemand (incompréhensible pour nous).
Quelqu'un peut-il nous aider à résoudre ce problème ?
D'avance, merci...

Reply 2270 of 2280, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@CRN68: Vogons is an English written forum, it is much more helpful for you and us if you use English. I also merged your topic with the Defend Reloaded topic

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2271 of 2280, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote on 2022-09-18, 18:53:

@CRN68: Vogons is an English written forum, it is much more helpful for you and us if you use English. I also merged your topic with the Defend Reloaded topic

Thanks!

DOS Games Archive | Free open source games | RGB Classic Games

Reply 2272 of 2280, by CRN68

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote on 2022-09-18, 18:53:

Hello, and thank you for this.
My message was saying:

"I installed the latest version of D-Fend Reloaded on our Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Asus / Intel laptop).
Installation ok but the program refuses to launch, and returns a mini-window written in German (incomprehensible to me).
Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance
..."

Regards.

Reply 2273 of 2280, by CRN68

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MrFlibble wrote on 2022-09-18, 18:13:

Can you post a screenshot of that error message in German?

Hello, friend.
Unfortunately, as the program didn't launch, I removed it and did not think of taking a snapshot.
I should have, as it is a good idea...
Regards.

Reply 2274 of 2280, by illusions

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
frosty024 wrote on 2022-09-13, 04:49:
Quick & Dirty without setting up screen shots, game info, custom settings, etc: […]
Show full quote
illusions wrote on 2022-08-13, 23:33:
Hi , can someone help me how to configure D-Fend Reloaded 1.4.4 to load Microsoft Adventure version 1.00 […]
Show full quote

Quick & Dirty without setting up screen shots, game info, custom settings, etc:

1. Add>Add manually...>Add DOSBox profile...
WfLIiVu.jpg

etc ....

Thank you very much for the detail instructions. : )
It works perfectly !

Reply 2276 of 2280, by Jolanxbl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I am having an issue with D-Fend's configuration.
If I run Dosbox directly from its EXE or within D-Fend Reloaded, it loads the config in AppData\Local\Dosbox.
However if I select 'Open Dosbox configuration file', it tries to load it from the Dosbox install directory, thus giving an error that it cannot be found.
How do I change where only one of D-Fend's menu options thinks it is?

I have searched in D-Fend's ConfOpt.dat, DFend.ini, and Windows Registry

For the moment, I added a Dosbox game profile, and set it's Additional Data folder to be the actual config file location as a shortcut.

Reply 2277 of 2280, by Bhm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

New to the site but not a Dosbox newb. I've got all my games all nice and cozy in D-Fend Reloaded but it feels a bit long in the tooth so I found DBGL and would like to migrate. I've been playing around with DOSbox-X and want to use it as my default but I get the feeling DBGL isn't really built to accommodate DOSbox-X, or am I mistaken?

With that said, I wonder if there is a fork of DOSbox that supports a bit more eyecandy like shaders etc. that plays nicely with DBGL without too much surgery?

Reply 2278 of 2280, by dor123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

DBGL don't support other than the original DOSBox as far as I've seen in my DBGL v0.97. It also don't have Roland MT-32 support.
Because of this, I continue to use D-Fend Reloaded.
It would be good that someone would get the code of D-Fend Reloaded, and make a sequel, like has done with D-Fend.

DOSBox 0.74-3
D-Fend Reloaded 1.4.4
DOSBox Game Launcher v0.97
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit version 22H2

Reply 2279 of 2280, by breshar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys.

I use D-Fend Reloaded 1.4.4 for quite a while now. I've added about 400+ entries, also making separate entries for modded games like Commander Keen or Doom.

Now I would like to add classic and indie point and click games supported by ScummVM. I downloaded and installed v2.8.0 of ScummVM. I've added ScummVM in D-Fend as well.

I've tried adding a few games but I always get the same error:
"Bad config file format, overwrite?"
No matter what I do next, it won't work.

1ff1T16
ftYQJPJ

I am noob so I would need step by step guide.

All games work normally directly in ScummVM.

Kind regards.