https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microso … e-new-features/
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rel … windows-11-22h2

You can use the following to bypass the hardware requirements:
https://github.com/AveYo/MediaCreationTool.ba … e/main/bypass11
or
https://rufus.ie/en/
or
I think I copy and pasted this from somewhere else, I've never verified it but seems to be missing diskpart and MBR

So, before booting the ISO, ensure that you have a partition already made.

Once booted into the ISO, press Shift+F10, this will open CMD. (You might need to click next before doing this, not sure.)

You can type
Code:

notepad

and press enter to open notepad. The save as dialog can be used to check drive letters. (However to make this example simple, I'll use C as the drive to install on, and D as the drive that contains your install USB/DVD.)

Type
Code:

dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:D:\Sources\install.wim

and press enter. This shows every edition of Windows in the ISO, and gives you the proper index number for the next command. (If this doesn't work, try install.esd instead of install.wim)

Type
Code:

dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:D:\Sources\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:C:\

and press enter. This will write Windows 11 to the drive.

Once that is finished, type
Code:

C:\Windows\System32\bcdboot C:\Windows

this will install the bootloader onto the drive.

Now you can reboot into Windows 11, installed just with CMD. I actually use this method to install all versions of Windows (8 and newer) as it's faster and I avoid the buggy Windows Setup experience.

The following are greyed out in "Windows Features":
Microsoft Defender Application Guard
Windows Sandbox

Windows updates downloaded and installed fine.

As far as logging in as long as you set it up for work and domain join (no you don't need a domain) then a MS login is not required. For the Home version I haven't if the following works (it does for 21H2)

WINDOWS 11 HOME 
For Windows 11 Home when you get to the screen where it asks to setup your account you'll still need to:
1. Pull the cable
or

2.netsh interface show interface
netsh interface set interface name="INTERFACE NAME" admin=DISABLED

3. Click the back arrow.
4. Create your local account

UNTESTED
taskkill /F /IM oobenetworkconnectionflow.exe

or
Unverified
Username: test
Password: test
or
Unverified on 22H2

Shift+F10

Type OOBE\BYPASSNRO in the command prompt

Hopefully this won't be necessary but based on previous threads I'll state it: If you feel the need to rant about your preferred OS please do it elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.png
    Filename
    1.png
    File size
    85.19 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by DosFreak on 2022-10-11, 02:11. Edited 4 times in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 26, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I’ve been on 22H2 for a while and it’s been one of the buggier builds thus far, lots of green stop errors due to drivers and poor memory handling.

Hopefully this full release will have fixed the issues.

Reply 2 of 26, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'd still be using SEVEN if it wasn't for the "upgrade" to DX12 on my gaming machine. I have no plans to upgrade until I'm literally forced to by the games I play.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 3 of 26, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote on 2022-09-23, 03:29:

I'd still be using SEVEN if it wasn't for the "upgrade" to DX12 on my gaming machine. I have no plans to upgrade until I'm literally forced to by the games I play.

I’m at the point I want to roll back to Windows 10, the amount of driver issues Windows 11 is causing with up to date drivers is obnoxious.

Reply 4 of 26, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't get it, after all these years you'd figure MS would have all this down cold by now. I'm a happy camper with 10 till 2025 or however long it can be stretched out.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 5 of 26, by Namrok

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Even Windows 10 had it's share of bad, buggy or downright broken updates. Seems Windows 11 is even worse in this regard.

I simply do not remember bad windows updates even being a thing before Windows 10. There were pretty consistent improvements in stability from Win95 to Windows XP, it more or less plateaued through Windows 7, and seems to be falling off a cliff now.

Win95/DOS 7.1 - P233 MMX (@2.5 x 100 FSB), Diamond Viper V330 AGP, SB16 CT2800
Win98 - K6-2+ 500, GF2 MX, SB AWE 64 CT4500, SBLive CT4780
Win98 - Pentium III 1000, GF2 GTS, SBLive CT4760
WinXP - Athlon 64 3200+, GF 7800 GS, Audigy 2 ZS

Reply 6 of 26, by gaffa2002

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Was using Windows 10 until last week, then some blue screens started to show up (the error code being different each time).
Used their own memory diagnostic program and it accused my hardware for being bad. Then I used memtest86 and after running it overnight the result was that my memory was fine.
Not sure what caused that, probably update or messed driver, but everything was solved after a fresh install (even MS diagnostics program says everything is ok now), I used Windows 11 for the fresh install and it's running OK. Guess the problem is not Windows 11 per se, but having to install update after update which eventually break things up.
OSes are treated as a service nowadays and Win 10 will not receive the same care as Win 11, meaning the chance of updates breaking Win10 becoming more and more likely as MS surely will not test it with the same care they do for Win 11 (which is already not that much to begin with).

LO-RES, HI-FUN

My DOS/ Win98 PC specs

EP-7KXA Motherboard
Athlon Thunderbird 750mhz
256Mb PC100 RAM
Geforce 4 MX440 64MB AGP (128 bit)
Sound Blaster AWE 64 CT4500 (ISA)
32GB HDD

Reply 7 of 26, by retrogamerguy1997

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Windows 11 honestly has nothing to offer for me. On my daily driver I have a dual-boot of Windows 10 and Debian and see no reason to bother with Windows 11 at all. I'm just holding out till l2025 and hoping that some games I need windows for or certain mod tools become compatible with Linux/Proton.

I did try out Windows 11 when it was still brand new but it was such a downgrade and I basically "hacked it" to basically have the Windows 10 taskbar and explorer (but still having openshell for the start menu)

Reply 8 of 26, by ptr1ck

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

11 has been flawless on my personal machine and workstation. My laptop has been another story, but I think Lenovo screwed it up with a bad BIOS update.

I will say that the only way I can tolerate 11 over 10 is using the Explorer Patcher taskbar and start menu.

"ITXBOX" SFF-Win11
KT133A-NV28-V2 SLI-DOS/WinME

Reply 9 of 26, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Namrok wrote on 2022-09-23, 13:19:

...I simply do not remember bad windows updates even being a thing before Windows 10....

Problems with official Windows updates are not new phenomena, e.g.
https://www.cnet.com/news/privacy/post-sp3-pa … windows-update/.

Reply 10 of 26, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ptr1ck wrote on 2022-09-23, 15:37:

11 has been flawless on my personal machine and workstation. My laptop has been another story, but I think Lenovo screwed it up with a bad BIOS update.

I will say that the only way I can tolerate 11 over 10 is using the Explorer Patcher taskbar and start menu.

11 was great until 22H2 . .whatever they did that update has been the bane of my PC, more often than not its windows being overzealous with how tightly its controlling memory handling which is causing a lot of driver issues.

Perhaps they changed how windows 11 handles memory security in 22H2 but forgot to pass the message on to driver devs, even the latest nVidia drivers fall afoul of this, got a new set of intel updates for networking last night so hopefully the green stop screens resolve themselves.

If they continue Ill simply nuke and pave and see if a fresh install helps.

Reply 13 of 26, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TrashPanda wrote on 2022-09-24, 09:43:
11 was great until 22H2 . .whatever they did that update has been the bane of my PC, more often than not its windows being overz […]
Show full quote
ptr1ck wrote on 2022-09-23, 15:37:

11 was great until 22H2 . .whatever they did that update has been the bane of my PC, more often than not its windows being overzealous with how tightly its controlling memory handling which is causing a lot of driver issues.

Perhaps they changed how windows 11 handles memory security in 22H2 but forgot to pass the message on to driver devs, even the latest nVidia drivers fall afoul of this, got a new set of intel updates for networking last night so hopefully the green stop screens resolve themselves.

If they continue Ill simply nuke and pave and see if a fresh install helps.

I had to reinstall Windows 11 21H2 (and I put 22H2) because it wouldn't run DOSBox from any media (USB, HDD, OS SSD) having a folder named "Program Files nnn", where nnn is any or no text. Plus it wouldn't run MSI Afterburner because it apparently couldn't find somd d3dx11_....dll file and also it freaked out on opening PDFs 😵

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 18 of 26, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Most of the instructions you will see are for bypassing the requirements when you have Windows already installed and you are running the setup from within Windows. In that case you can delete a file or run a script.
If you want to install from media then most instructions are for using rufus to create a bootable USB.

The following is for bypass the requirements while booted from ISO which for some reason has been difficult to find info on (these registry changes could also likely be added to boot.wim negating the need for this file):

Place the following in a file called "bypass.cmd"

@ECHO OFF
REM 1. Place batch file in root of ISO using AnyBurn
REM 2. At install screen press shift+F10
REM 3. Type in "D:\bypass.cmd"
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig /v ByPassTPMCheck /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig /v BypassSecureBootCheck /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig /v BypassRAMCheck /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig /v BypassStorageCheck /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig /v BypassCPUCheck /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
setup

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 19 of 26, by javispedro1

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gaffa2002 wrote on 2022-09-23, 13:59:

Used their own memory diagnostic program and it accused my hardware for being bad. Then I used memtest86 and after running it overnight the result was that my memory was fine.

Well that is strange. Isn't their memory diagnostic program run at boot time? It should not be affected by any drivers or the like.
I'm no fan of Windows, but I still find it hard to believe they would mess this up. Personally I'd really suspect the hardware, maybe it was temperature or something.