VOGONS

Reply 20 of 57, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
80386SX wrote on 2022-09-26, 14:22:
Regarding the specs : https://www.digchip.com/datasheets/parts/data … 27SF010-pdf.php If the motherboard have a jumper prog issu […]
Show full quote

Regarding the specs : https://www.digchip.com/datasheets/parts/data … 27SF010-pdf.php
If the motherboard have a jumper prog issue somewhere, theorically, you can force the programming mode, by peel the pin32 en plug on external +5.5v.
But really I recommend you to get a TL866 and backup your BIOS before screwing up anything.
It's always sad to have your motherboard that doesn't start anymore, this feeling of bitterness can stay.

I think it'a better I give up and I stay with my motherboard with this P133 that soon will be a K6 233mhz. (probably overclocked to 75mhz bus x 3,5 = 262mhz!)

Computer lover since 1992.
Love retro-computing, retro-gaming, high-end systems and all about computer-tech.
Love beer, too.

Reply 21 of 57, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I had this AMD K6 233 now. It is working.

In this board WON'T POST.

Please can you help to make it post?

No beep, no signal.

I set the jumper correct, no works.

I tried the CPU in another board and it regularly boot.

The bios in this board we understood that isn't flashable, and it is from 1997. What can I do?

various sites says that card support until K6 233, why it don't work for me?

Love retro-computing, retro-gaming, high-end systems and all about computer-tech.
Love beer, too.

Reply 23 of 57, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
smoke86 wrote on 2022-09-30, 16:02:

Can you post photos of the motherboard in high resolution? How is JP3 (D) jumper set?

Here we go.

Photo uploaded.

The Jp3 Jumper is set to PCI always at 33mhz.

Attachments

• 1664554694216.jpg
    Filename
    1664554694216.jpg
    File size
    947.78 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    motherboard
    File license
    Public domain

Love beer, too.

Reply 25 of 57, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
smoke86 wrote on 2022-09-30, 16:35:

What precisely is your K6 model? 233ANR?
I can't see jp3 abc jumpers on the photo.
Edit: I think jp5 jumpers are wrong, you have it set to 2,5x instead of 3,5x.

The jumper you see now is for the P133 that I have installed now.

When I tried to install the K6 jumper was in correct position as I said.

Jp3 is under the ide cable and it's correctly set to PCI to 33mhz.

My AMD K6 is a 233 ANR yes.

Love beer, too.

Reply 26 of 57, by smoke86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you doublechecked jumpers then maybe bios does not support cpu microcode. There were 3 versions of k6233, maybe your motherboard does not support them all (IMHO unlikely) . Also, ANR cpu is oem version.

Last edited by smoke86 on 2022-09-30, 17:45. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 27 of 57, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
smoke86 wrote on 2022-09-30, 17:40:

If you doublechecked jumpers then maybe bios does not support cpu microcode. There were 3 versions of k6233, maybe your motherboard does not support them all (IMHO unlikely) . Also, ANR cpu is oem version.

Oh yes, I knew that ANR is a OEM version, but all information that I found on internet, all say that support K6 CPUs.

I find so strange, cause they can boot up and maybe don't be recognized, here I have NO BOOT.

Why the mai internet site say that this board support K6 until 233 frequency, and this is not true?

PS: my bios as you read before, isn't upgradable, I have probably a only write EPROM. What a shame.

Love beer, too.

Reply 29 of 57, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
smoke86 wrote on 2022-09-30, 17:45:

Pentium 133 should run on 66mhz fsb and 2x multiplier. That makes me think that something is off in your jumper settings.

Edit: what about jp3 abc jumpers?

66mhz setted.

Love beer, too.

Reply 30 of 57, by smoke86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is your P133 overclocked (jumpers shows multiplier 2,5x, but maybe it is ignored by BIOS since its locked to 2).
I'm running out of ideas.
Voltage?
Are you using this jumper manual? http://th2chips.freeservers.com/m537dma/jumper/index.html

Reply 31 of 57, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
smoke86 wrote on 2022-09-30, 18:02:
Is your P133 overclocked (jumpers shows multiplier 2,5x, but maybe it is ignored by BIOS since its locked to 2). I'm running out […]
Show full quote

Is your P133 overclocked (jumpers shows multiplier 2,5x, but maybe it is ignored by BIOS since its locked to 2).
I'm running out of ideas.
Voltage?
Are you using this jumper manual? http://th2chips.freeservers.com/m537dma/jumper/index.html

Yes yes I overclocked my nice p133 to a p166.

I used the jumper manual for a m537dma33.

Love beer, too.

Reply 33 of 57, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
smoke86 wrote on 2022-09-30, 19:25:

Maybe try cleaning jumper goldpins in order to make good contact

Ok, tomorrow I will do for sure.

And I will check another time all the jumpers.
Thanks for the moment.

Love beer, too.

Reply 34 of 57, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
smoke86 wrote on 2022-09-30, 19:25:

Maybe try cleaning jumper goldpins in order to make good contact

Ehy, here I am.

No news here, I'm so angry.

I rechecked the jumper, I tried differents voltages, I tried the single/dual voltage, but nothing. This machine simply don't start with its supported processor.
I assure you that the CPU is completely functional, tried in another system.
This mainboard works with P120, P133, with the voltage jumper set on P55C processors (I don't know why) instead p54c processors (the p133 I have is a core p54c).

Anyway it works, all works fine.

Soon I will receive a p200mmx and I will try it in this board, if it will work I will be happy too, cause I will overclock perhaps to 262mhz adding voltage a little bit, so I reach the same results than a K6 233 overclocked to 262mhz.

We'll see.

Any other idea for you? If not I will have to sell this processor.

Love beer, too.

Reply 36 of 57, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
smoke86 wrote on 2022-10-01, 09:31:

Maybe onboard voltage regulator is faulty. Can you do some measurements?

Yes if you want. Tell me where.

Love beer, too.

Reply 38 of 57, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
smoke86 wrote on 2022-10-01, 16:11:

You need to check out socket 7 pinout and measure voltage between vcc and ground

and how could I measure it when the PC is ON and the processor is inside the socket?

Love beer, too.