VOGONS

Pod...

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 49, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Glidos wrote:

Oops! Misunderstood: so this is DirectX, not Glide.

Ah, and pod is Windows based, so we wouldn't be needing Glidos anyway.

You're right, this should be in the OpenGlide forum. Of course, when I posted the original message, I can't remember it existing. 😉

Moving now.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 41 of 49, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yay for old topics!

I was just wondering if someone could perchance post a sample of the [pod2_0] section of the ubi.ini file created in %windir%\ubisoft when installing Pod, and also details of any registry entries made. I'm trying to get it to install but not having any luck; it's complaining I don't have enough space (2GB, aight), or (more common error, and fixable) a 3dfx card, so I'm doing it by copying the relevant files over instead.

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 42 of 49, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

WOW! Dege has a patch that gets POD running on a Pentium4 (well some versions, I got the MMX version running but the Direct3D version caused an error and my Pod Gold 3Dfx version isn't detected, but it's a great starting position, especially as his 3Dfx wrapper also now supports POD!):

http://www.freeweb.hu/dege/

Ice

Reply 43 of 49, by Guest

User metadata
Targaff wrote:

I was just wondering if someone could perchance post a sample of the [pod2_0] section of the ubi.ini file created in %windir%\ubisoft when installing Pod, and also details of any registry entries made. I'm trying to get it to install but not having any luck; it's complaining I don't have enough space (2GB, aight), or (more common error, and fixable) a 3dfx card, so I'm doing it by copying the relevant files over instead.

[SYSTEM]
3DFX=0
ATI 3D Card=0
S3D Card=0
Memory=511
MMX=1
Windows colors=34
CPU=12

[OSD]
Directory=C:\WINDOWS\UbiSoft\OSD\

[INSTALLED PRODUCTS]
POD2_0

[POD2_0]
ShortCutDesktopName=C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Desktop\To Play POD
ShortCutDirectory=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Ubi Soft Games\POD
Language=English
Configuration=5
VolumeName=POD2_0
SrcDataPath=\
Directory=C:\UbiSoft\Pod2_0\

Reply 47 of 49, by Rekrul

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've had POD for a while, but never installed it. I just tried using the stock install and the game wouldn't start at all. It just complained that it couldn't set the display mode. I then followed the instructions on this page;

http://home.arcor.de/hbredel/POD/POD-English/ … od-english.html

I selected MMX with 3DFX large installation, skipped the DirectX and Indeo tests, copied over the dgvoodoo files, applied the 3DFX patch, applied Dege's P4 patch, switched my desktop to 16 bit and attempted to run the game. It switches resolution, I get the Ubisoft logo screen, then it quits back to the desktop.

Note that I'm trying to run it under 98SE, not XP.

Any ideas what else I can try?

Reply 49 of 49, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_of_Death

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem