VOGONS

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings,

I seem to have misplaced my box of bay covers for some of my PC cases, and of course most are proprietary. I have found a couple of pricey options for universal replacements (they screw in where you screw in the drives,) and they would need work and painting to match the cases. Does anyone know where I can find cheap, universal replacements? Thanks!

Reply 2 of 6, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Veeb0rg wrote on 2022-10-04, 22:20:

got a 3d printer? you can find stl's for blanks on many sites.

I do not, but I had that same thought, today. Plus, there are many things I would like to print, such as Witcher 2 dice and miniatures for a tabletop RPG I am working on. I should probably invest in one.

Reply 4 of 6, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
darry wrote on 2022-10-06, 01:58:

Call me lazy, but I would just add some drives.

Hehe! I do add them when I have them and they can be used. I can't put them in if they won't be connected. I sometimes use the 5.25 storage boxes.

Reply 5 of 6, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Scythifuge wrote on 2022-10-06, 02:02:

Hehe! I do add them when I have them and they can be used. I can't put them in if they won't be connected. I sometimes use the 5.25 storage boxes.

Yeah, I see things the same way. They need to be usable, not props.

BTW, Creative Live Drives or similar can be nice and useful "fillers".

Reply 6 of 6, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
darry wrote on 2022-10-06, 02:14:
Scythifuge wrote on 2022-10-06, 02:02:

Yeah, I see things the same way. They need to be usable, not props.

BTW, Creative Live Drives or similar can be nice and useful "fillers".

I have a beige Live Drive in my Pentium III/Live!/Win98SE build, and I have a black one in my AthlonXP/WinXp/Audigy2 build. I have another black one lying around. I remember using the Live drive midi ports to connect my MT-32 and use it in Windows.