VOGONS

First post, by Mentalbass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im running an P166mmx, 32MB Dos 6.22 PC.
It has a CT2290 SB16 card installed.

As I boot up my computer I all of a sudden get the following error messages scrolling across my screen.

During Config.sys the CTSB16.SYS gives me:
ERROR CTSOUND 1009: INVALID "/BLASTER - I:X" ARGUMENT

During Autoexec.bat the SB16SET.EXE gives me:
MIX0014: Low level driver error

I should say that nothing SEEMS to be wrong. I installed with install disk. At first fine but later these messages appear.
I moved the card form one ISA slot to another, during first few times everything seems ok but than these messages come back.

Anyone an idea what to try?
Are the jumpers of soemwhere?

Thanks!

Rise of the Triad

Reply 1 of 2, by mkarcher

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This message sounds like an interrupt conflict. I expect the CT2290 to be a non-PnP card, so you should make sure that the PCI/PnP page of the BIOS setup has the SB16 IRQ (most likely IRQ5) blacklisted for PCI resource assignment by configuring it as "Legacy ISA"

Reply 2 of 2, by Mentalbass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mkarcher wrote on 2022-10-08, 18:27:

This message sounds like an interrupt conflict. I expect the CT2290 to be a non-PnP card, so you should make sure that the PCI/PnP page of the BIOS setup has the SB16 IRQ (most likely IRQ5) blacklisted for PCI resource assignment by configuring it as "Legacy ISA"

Yes i tried that. Been into Bios and set all (card finds itself at IRQ 5) to legacy.
But the message turns up random. Sometimes it all loads fine and works perfectly.
After it failed i used diagnose and it detects it spot on. Tests good with 8 and 16bit sound. Fm works to.
But when loading a game, ex. doom, there's no sound/music.

So could it be hardware related? Not compatible with MotherB (I have a vx pro motherboard).
Any jumper settings that are wrong?

I have a second soundcard,Aztech MMSN822 galaxy pro 2. Put it back in (removed CT2290) with set blaster to A220, I5, D1, H5 P330 T4 (T4 For being more compatible with SbPro). This one works great at same adress.

Thanks for advice 🙏

Attachments

Rise of the Triad