VOGONS

First post, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have an SB0100 SB Live card in a Win98 build. I have the midi out port plugged into a Sound Canvas. I am trying to use the VXD drivers for faster game play but I do not seem to get any MIDI out when using the VXD drivers. Everything works fine with the WMD drivers. Is this something that is possible or is the only way to get MIDI out within Windows is with the WMD drivers?

Reply 1 of 2, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well I tried using an AWE64 ISA PNP card in the same machine and I cannot get it to output to the external MIDI port either when trying to run DOS games (ie. Blood, Duke 3D) from within Windows using the drivers that were already on the W98 install cd. Is this a limitation of Windows or is there a certain way to set these drivers up to get audio out to my SC-55?

And just to clarify. I do have a MIDI signal coming out of the card when playing a MIDI file with Windows Media Player. Its just when I try to get the audio of DOS games to output to through the MIDI port that it will not work.

Reply 2 of 2, by fsmith2003

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just reinstalled windows and used a separate older Sb Live Platinum install cd with vxd only drivers. Everything installed fine but still no midi out to sound canvas through the gameport when trying to play DOS games within Windows. It will only play the emulated midi through the Line Out. I know I have had this working before I the past but I cannot figure out what it is I am messing up/ forgetting this go around? Has anyone had this issue and know of a solution?