VOGONS

Aztec Galaxy 2 Soundcard

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

In that case it sounds like a buggy config tool that set one thing in the hardware and subsequently put something else in the BLASTER variable, resulting in no DA in applications that used the BLASTER variable rather than asking you to manually configure.

Just a bit puzzled in that case why it did work in the other games... did you manually enter IRQ 5 there? And if so, wasn't it a bit odd to see I7 in autoexec?

Reply 21 of 22, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jesolo wrote on 2022-10-04, 08:03:

Some 1st generation cards were also speed sensitive amd doesn't run well in fast systems. For example, my Sound Galaxy Basic 16 (I38-MMSN810) exhibits strange behaviour in fast 486 systems and above.

What fast 486 hardware does have to make it this issue to appear on first generation aztec cards?

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 22 of 22, by Mentalbass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dionb wrote on 2022-10-10, 16:07:

In that case it sounds like a buggy config tool that set one thing in the hardware and subsequently put something else in the BLASTER variable, resulting in no DA in applications that used the BLASTER variable rather than asking you to manually configure.

Just a bit puzzled in that case why it did work in the other games... did you manually enter IRQ 5 there? And if so, wasn't it a bit odd to see I7 in autoexec?

I can't reproduce this. The install of galaxy software a few years back (before i had sb16) automatically selected IRQ7.
Could it be not all IRQ'S in bios were set to Legacy?
(I just did that when trying to make sb16 work).

With reinstall of drivers (this time from another Vogons Aztech forum, downloadable) it automatically selected IRQ5.
If i set blaster setting to IRQ 7 games will tell me it's wrong.
I just learned for settings and volume HWSET.EXE can be used in Dos. And have only used it to set volumes.

Rise of the Triad