VOGONS

First post, by cliffclaven

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Munt has been working for me for years now, but just recently I can't see the main window.
Version 2.4.0-2-amd64
Windows 10, 4690k, 16GB, 1060 super.

This window will not show up:
bnplTYs.jpg

Hovering over Munt on the taskbar will show a blank window preview:
rDvzByV.jpg

I uninstalled, and reinstalled Munt with the same behavior. Then I upgraded to version 2.7.0-amd

Now I can get a "floating display" (which is pretty cool) but "show/hide main window" still does nothing. Sound works properly, just no main window.
eB5WCQE.jpg

Just as a test, I installed Munt on my wife's computer, and both of our laptops, and it performs correctly on all three of those machines by showing the main window.

Reply 1 of 3, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It seems there is a bug in mt32emu-qt. I managed to reproduce putting it to a similar state by moving the window outside the visible display area and restarting the app. Then the window is invisible and the preview is empty. See if maximisation / tiling / cascading desktop windows helps. Also, it might get moved to another virtual desktop, not sure what configuration you have there.

Reply 2 of 3, by cliffclaven

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
sergm wrote on 2022-10-27, 16:59:

It seems there is a bug in mt32emu-qt. I managed to reproduce putting it to a similar state by moving the window outside the visible display area and restarting the app. Then the window is invisible and the preview is empty. See if maximisation / tiling / cascading desktop windows helps. Also, it might get moved to another virtual desktop, not sure what configuration you have there.

You nailed it, thank you!

(I only have one monitor setup, so it wasn't that).
All I needed was to "show desktop" in the bottom right corner of the taskbar and up popped the window. And not only that, but it is permanently back. Tiling/cascading would have also worked, I'm sure.

It's absolutely wild that multiple reboots/re-installs and even safe mode didn't bring the window back, but I'm happy it works now.

Reply 3 of 3, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Definitely, there is some logic implemented in Qt to ensure that the window is always within the visible display area when it is shown after restoring the settings at startup, but for some reason it doesn't kick in. I'll fix and have a test case for this 😀