VOGONS

First post, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

SBC with PCI and ISA, Pentium 266mmx 2.0V BGA, based on TX chipset, 512K cache, 32MB SDRAM on board, CF slot, with backplane, does boot up of POST details to last line saying starting vxworks which it does not have anymore, the drive or software on CF card is long since gone. Does have solder pads for IDE and floppy that I can solder on later on and it is already connected to the i/o chipset. Does have keyboard and mouse headers that I have to make custom harness once I have the berg plugs with pigtail wires arrives from china on ship pulled by bunch of lazy seahorses.

I used regular PCI video card by cirrus logic GD5430 with this and does work.

Board's BIOS is called Pico bios firmware by Phoenix. Board is called MICRO INDUSTRIES 9700931-0002A 5X00105G01 CONTROL CIRCUIT BOARD. Jumpers are clearly labelled too.

Trolled the internet did not show anything except wayback pages which is not that useful.

I have another SBC with regular bios but only supports regular pentium up to 200 and does work but I'd love to get this 266mmx SBC going.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 1 of 3, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Checked their old website and (assuning it was the right one) was useless, not like Protech's SBC old website....
Did see that supposedly Westinghouse and Emerson both used your board for some type of "ovation" control station, what ever that is 😁

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 3, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
pentiumspeed wrote on 2022-10-30, 21:37:
SBC with PCI and ISA, Pentium 266mmx 2.0V BGA, based on TX chipset, 512K cache, 32MB SDRAM on board, CF slot, with backplane, do […]
Show full quote

SBC with PCI and ISA, Pentium 266mmx 2.0V BGA, based on TX chipset, 512K cache, 32MB SDRAM on board, CF slot, with backplane, does boot up of POST details to last line saying starting vxworks which it does not have anymore, the drive or software on CF card is long since gone. Does have solder pads for IDE and floppy that I can solder on later on and it is already connected to the i/o chipset. Does have keyboard and mouse headers that I have to make custom harness once I have the berg plugs with pigtail wires arrives from china on ship pulled by bunch of lazy seahorses.

I used regular PCI video card by cirrus logic GD5430 with this and does work.

Board's BIOS is called Pico bios firmware by Phoenix. Board is called MICRO INDUSTRIES 9700931-0002A 5X00105G01 CONTROL CIRCUIT BOARD. Jumpers are clearly labelled too.

Trolled the internet did not show anything except wayback pages which is not that useful.

I have another SBC with regular bios but only supports regular pentium up to 200 and does work but I'd love to get this 266mmx SBC going.

Cheers,

Have you tried putting an ISA card with an option ROM into the ISA backplane you are running the SBC in ? If so does the Option ROM appear to execute ? If so, maybe you could bypass VxWorks with an XTIDE option ROM .

Reply 3 of 3, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I tried. Used a PATA with firmware controller card or SCSI controller and will not be initialized at all due to this proprietary bios firmware left hooks out. Even there is no routines in the firmware to get you into settings either.

The same cards worked in other motherboards and different SBCs.

Cheers,

Last edited by pentiumspeed on 2023-01-30, 21:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Great Northern aka Canada.