VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DeathAdderSF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, all.

So for the past 20+ years [!], I've been on the hunt for a complete, original copy of Fatal Encounter -- the officially licensed English language version of Super Fighter -- which was only released in Australia. I never gave up hope, even though it seemed less and less likely I'd ever acquire this very rare game.

BUT!!

Last month, I was finally able to at long last purchase it from a collector and yesterday, it arrived in the mail. Despite it being from 1993, everything's in great shape. And what's more all four 3½" floppy disks still work, meaning I was able to make images using HD-Copy and WinImage. The product design differs greatly from the original Taiwanese, and South Korean releases of the game, the cover art being the most immediately noticeable example.

Now that I've archived everything, I'm sharing it here in the hopes that people will download it, enjoy it, and help spread it around the 'net.

* Full game, installed:
www.diskman.com/presents/supersango/downloads/fatal_encounter.zip

* Disk images (in both WinImage and HD-COPY format):
www.diskman.com/presents/supersango/downloads/fatal_encounter_-_disk_images.zip

* Instruction manual:
www.diskman.com/presents/supersango/downloads/Fatal_Encounter_-_instruction_manual.pdf

(Note I own the legal rights to this game, so it's not "piracy." Enjoy it guilt-free.)

If you're interested in the full story behind Super Fighter / Fatal Encounter / Street Counter, check out this link...

Super Fighter versus Sango Fighter: Chinese War Ends in America

Thanks for having a look.

Attachments

Cruise by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Reply 2 of 9, by DeathAdderSF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nexxen wrote on 2022-11-05, 13:19:

You bought the rights to the game?
I'm curious about it.

Yes, and the full story has been linked above.

However if you have any questions, please feel welcome to contact me directly. Thanks for your interest.

Reply 3 of 9, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Wow. I know you have been searching for a number of years from your VCFED posts. I even asked a few collectors who either worked at museums or have massive collections and no one had heard of it. Congrats on your holy grail find. Must feel very satisfying.

Reply 4 of 9, by DeathAdderSF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
liqmat wrote on 2022-11-05, 14:11:

Wow. I know you have been searching for a number of years from your VCFED posts. I even asked a few collectors who either worked at museums or have massive collections and no one had heard of it. Congrats on your holy grail find. Must feel very satisfying.

Yeah, it's a huge relief to have finally found it. It really must've had a very small production run. I had quite a few people over the years think I was either misremembering the game's title, or had just dreamed the game up altogether. That kind of stuff can be a tad frustrating, but you can't let it take your focus off the prize.

Reply 7 of 9, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DeathAdderSF wrote on 2022-11-06, 01:23:
liqmat wrote on 2022-11-05, 14:11:

Yeah, it's a huge relief to have finally found it. It really must've had a very small production run. I had quite a few people over the years think I was either misremembering the game's title, or had just dreamed the game up altogether. That kind of stuff can be a tad frustrating, but you can't let it take your focus off the prize.

Well, thanks for all the free games and research over the years. Great stuff!

Reply 9 of 9, by DeathAdderSF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, y'all.

If you enjoy the DOS game, and / or want to see Super Fighter at its best, we developed an updated & improved version for Windows back in 2013, to celebrate the game's 20th anniversary.
It's freeware, natch, and you can get it here...

https://www.superfighter.com/sf/index.html