VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi all,

Over the past several weeks there have been occasional moments of increased latency when requesting files from the object storage used to store file attachments that generally did not impact the availability of the site, typically corresponding with reported service issues. In the past hour, these latency spikes have become so severe that all web server processes were blocking waiting for replies from the object storage, causing the site to be totally unavailable. To avoid this, attachments have been temporarily disabled. Attachments will become available again soon once the current upstream incident is resolved.

Thanks,

Last edited by Snover on 2022-11-27, 06:34. Edited 3 times in total.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 1 of 6, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks for updating us, get worried when Vogons seems to go offline.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 6, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes thanks for the info. I was browsing the topics and all of a sudden everything went dark 🙁

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4 of 6, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
luckybob wrote on 2022-11-06, 19:06:

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?

@luckybob TY For reminding me of IT Crowd, 🤣

@Snover TY For keeping us informed.

Reply 5 of 6, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Phew, I was worried when I lost the picture posting ability. Though with the number of pictures I like adding I should probably look at my own hosting.

Thanks for the notification 😀