VOGONS

First post, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Once Dege returns from his vacation.

I've found out that GoG Archimedian Dynasty 3dfx under Dosbox-ECE has screen and resolution issues on which dgvoodoo2 doesnt keep the game fullscreen even after tweaking the cfg files.
I havent tested with dosbox-x, but that would be nice if anyone could check it out for feedback.

Also Nightmare Creatures has Framerate issues under d3d when setting the game's res above 640x480, and Warcraft 3(pre widescreen patches and war3demo) have some mouse and screen scaling issues when choosing crt scale.

Reply 4 of 7, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Deffnator wrote on 2022-10-24, 18:34:

Dosbox-ECE has screen and resolution issues on which dgvoodoo2 doesnt keep the game fullscreen

have you tried maximizing dosbox window before going fullscreen?

Reply 5 of 7, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
robertmo wrote on 2022-11-07, 15:19:
Deffnator wrote on 2022-10-24, 18:34:

Dosbox-ECE has screen and resolution issues on which dgvoodoo2 doesnt keep the game fullscreen

have you tried maximizing dosbox window before going fullscreen?

I've tested even with other wrappers, but i think is more of an issue in my end.
I am using ECE for GoG DoS games because GoG never updates their stuff.
And recently i made out a win 98 install to check some games like the original battlezone 1.0 release and even the red odissey demo, and i had flickering shadow issues under 3dfx.
and i was testing using dosbox-x with both dgvoodoo2 and nglide.

Reply 6 of 7, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think those builds of DosBox resize the rendering window to the 'expected' size after a Glide session is initialized, which kicks out dgVoodoo from fullscreen mode and even in windowed mode the window size gets smaller than the forced resolution.
At least, I have this problem with DosBox-X. I keep an old Ykhwong DosBox build for my personal usage that works. I might be able to override this behavior in a later version with GeneralExt\Environment set to DosBox, but honestly, I'm not a fan of two code components fighting with each other.

Reply 7 of 7, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yesterday i managed to play the game once more, this time with Daum's GoG build and direct 3d
Both glide and d3d9 worked flawlessly, mainly with reshade.

dosbox 2023-01-16 23-23-49.jpg
Filename
dosbox 2023-01-16 23-23-49.jpg
File size
1 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception