VOGONS

Eye of the Beholder 1 Issues

Topic actions

First post, by AgentD

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been playing Eye of the Beholder 1 on DosBox, but unfortunately whenever i get to the end of the first dungeon level and the game asks for the words from the maual it freezes up, typing the word does nothing and none of the keyboard buttons or mouse respond. Help would be appreciated.

Reply 2 of 27, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I believe both versions are identical (or close to) judging from my CD version. I'll have a go tonight and see what happens for me. If your version is cracked, it may be a bad crack.

Reply 9 of 27, by wannabewizard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You need the actual rule book. The game asks a security question based on a certain page (indicated by icon in upper right corner). You then have to find the line and word the game asks for, and type it in. I have not experienced any actual freezing of my game.

Reply 11 of 27, by wannabewizard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

no. my original claim was that it locked up after i typed the word. I didn't understand what it was asking for originally, so I was typing the wrong words. It ended up just kicking me out of the game.

Reply 12 of 27, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's called copy-protection (look-a-word-in-the-manual based) and that's how is supposed to behave.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 14 of 27, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

But you don't have the original game, and questions about abandonware are usually either ignored or the topic gets locked.

I doubt you will find any help here unless you buy the game (which would solve the problem anyway).

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 17 of 27, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmm. I have the game and the manual, maybe I'll try it out and see what happens. I also used to have a program to remove this protection, if I can find it.