VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've tried hard to find a seller in Europe and Aliexpress but couldn't find them. The normal non slide-in are common tough.
Options were found in the USA, but it'll cost a lot to have them shipped.
I'm looking for 100 pieces to have a good stash, as future isn't on AT's side 🤣

If you have any source in the EU or Aliexpress I'd be happy to hear from you.

Gotta love those old things 😀

Thanks for any input.

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K

Reply 1 of 3, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought a pack of 50 or 100 from aliexpress some time ago, if i remember correctly.

Just did a quick search with keywords "motherboard standoff", and on page 9, i found 50-pack of the ones that slide in. "50pcs Plastic Nylon Reverse Locking Circuit Board Support Hexagon Pillar Standoff for Hole 4.0mm", costs right now on my screen 2.99€/50pc, free shipping.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 2 of 3, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GigAHerZ wrote on 2022-12-04, 13:54:

I bought a pack of 50 or 100 from aliexpress some time ago, if i remember correctly.

Just did a quick search with keywords "motherboard standoff", and on page 9, i found 50-pack of the ones that slide in. "50pcs Plastic Nylon Reverse Locking Circuit Board Support Hexagon Pillar Standoff for Hole 4.0mm", costs right now on my screen 2.99€/50pc, free shipping.

I double-checked and by my words they wouldn't show.
I went through all the pages I could find.
Thanks

Probably the choice of wording for a look-up makes a difference.
I tried Plastic slide-in standoffs, and nothing for pages 🙁 Maybe at p.50, but I didn't go that far.

Edit: they were the right ones for old 286/286/486 AT cases? Just to be 100% sure.

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K

Reply 3 of 3, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Nexxen wrote on 2022-12-04, 15:08:

Edit: they were the right ones for old 286/286/486 AT cases? Just to be 100% sure.

Yes, exactly. The ones that actually hold the board in place (the "slide-in" part) instead of just letting pcb to rest on some flat surface.
Keywords, that work for me, are "nylon", "standoff", "motherboard" in any combination.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!