VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

are there any games that were released on consoles and that didnt get a PC port that you remember wishing did have a PC port?

in recent times of course a lot are emulated but i mean ones in the past that you remember seeing or even playing and thinking "if only this was available on pc!"

I can think of certain RPGs back in the 16 bit era for instance and more recently the gta liberty city stories and vie city stories for PS2 / psp that i would have enjoyed so much more on PC, where the PC controls suit the game style so much better (in my view anyway)

Reply 1 of 21, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bloodborne.

I enjoy the Dark Souls series, but have no intent of getting a PS4 just to play a game or two.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 3 of 21, by Ensign Nemo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I used to play more actions games, so I had more console envy in the past. I missed out on the God of War games on the PS2 side and didn't play any Ace Combat games for the longest time. Now, I typically buy an Xbox about five years after their release date. I only went with Xbox because they were cheaper used, but I don't regret going with them instead of Playstation. Xbox has had better backwards compatibility and I prefer their controller (unless the game uses the road). Now you can get gamepass, which has a ton of great games. That being said, there are still some Xbox games that I'd prefer to play on PC. I can't play shooters with a gamepad - I need my mouse and keyboard. This rules out playing the original Red Dead Redemption the way I'd like to. I would also like to play the classic Crimson Skies game with a HOTAS setup. I don't think it's available on pc.

Currently, there aren't many games that I'd like to play on pc that I can't, but a good hockey and mma game would be nice. Right now I've been playing mainly simulation games or old shooters if I don't feel like thinking much. I don't feel like I'm missing much, as these games either play better on pc or can't be played at all on a console.

Reply 4 of 21, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

提督の決断 aka Teitoku no Ketsudan, although the next version is available on Windows 3.1. Also, Metal Gear.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 8 of 21, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction which I played a lot on Xbox. Similar GTA style open world sandbox game could have been even more amazing on PC and a modding community
Gran Turismo and Project Gotham series
The GTA exclusives, I even downloaded a PSP emulator about 5 years ago in an effort to bring it to PC but never tried it out.

Reply 9 of 21, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
retrogamerguy1997 wrote on 2022-12-04, 20:10:

Midtown Madness 3, when I was younger I had both 1 and 2 and I really always wanted to be able to play the 3rd one.

ah yes, me too! not even sure it was that good a game. One thing with driving games though - they work well with console controllers imo

Ensign Nemo wrote on 2022-12-04, 22:15:

That being said, there are still some Xbox games that I'd prefer to play on PC. I can't play shooters with a gamepad - I need my mouse and keyboard.

definitely, i can see other people do great with controllers but for me any FPS is mouse & keyboard. Same goes for GTA games, cannot ever do well with 'lock on' or weird (to me) free aim mechanics

chinny22 wrote on 2022-12-05, 10:23:

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction which I played a lot on Xbox. Similar GTA style open world sandbox game could have been even more amazing on PC and a modding community
The GTA exclusives, I even downloaded a PSP emulator about 5 years ago in an effort to bring it to PC but never tried it out.

mercenaries sounds like a good game, as i said above i just cannot ever fully get to grips with console controllers for certain games, and there is a limit to emulation - cannot emulate mouse look as far as i can tell, except through a clumsy mapping for any 'free aim' type feature in the game

Reply 10 of 21, by Ensign Nemo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gerry wrote on 2022-12-05, 15:23:
ah yes, me too! not even sure it was that good a game. One thing with driving games though - they work well with console con […]
Show full quote
retrogamerguy1997 wrote on 2022-12-04, 20:10:

Midtown Madness 3, when I was younger I had both 1 and 2 and I really always wanted to be able to play the 3rd one.

ah yes, me too! not even sure it was that good a game. One thing with driving games though - they work well with console controllers imo

Ensign Nemo wrote on 2022-12-04, 22:15:

That being said, there are still some Xbox games that I'd prefer to play on PC. I can't play shooters with a gamepad - I need my mouse and keyboard.

definitely, i can see other people do great with controllers but for me any FPS is mouse & keyboard. Same goes for GTA games, cannot ever do well with 'lock on' or weird (to me) free aim mechanics

chinny22 wrote on 2022-12-05, 10:23:

mercenaries sounds like a good game, as i said above i just cannot ever fully get to grips with console controllers for certain games, and there is a limit to emulation - cannot emulate mouse look as far as i can tell, except through a clumsy mapping for any 'free aim' type feature in the game

Apart from emulation, there are also adapters that you can get for using mouse and keyboard on consoles. I picked up a Sim Apex (https://www.amazon.com/XIM-APEX-Keyboard-Mous … r/dp/B079SS1CCR), but haven't gotten it working to my liking just yet.

Reply 11 of 21, by Virtua

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
konc wrote on 2022-12-05, 09:11:

It's the Gran Turismo series for me.

a recent rumour is suggesting the creator of the gran turismo series is considering releasing on pc, so you never know

win 10 : x570-a pro • ryzen 5900x • geforce rtx 3070 • sound blaster x ae-5 plus
win 98 : k8-vm800 • athlon 3000+ • radeon 9600 • sound blaster live! 5.1

Reply 12 of 21, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Virtua wrote on 2022-12-06, 08:43:
konc wrote on 2022-12-05, 09:11:

It's the Gran Turismo series for me.

a recent rumour is suggesting the creator of the gran turismo series is considering releasing on pc, so you never know

I read about it recently and that's exactly why I made this post out of anticipation!

Reply 13 of 21, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Shadow of the Colossus, PS4 upgrade version of course.

Sony seems somewhat open to porting their exclusives to PC, e.g. God of War and Uncharted, and they acquired Bluepoint Games, so one can hope...

Reply 14 of 21, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Five excellent first perso n shooters spring to mind:

Goldeneye (Nintendo 64),
Perfect Dark (Nintendo 64) - Still the best game ever, in my opinion,
Timesplitters 2 (Playstation 2, Gamecube, and original XBox),
Timesplitters: Future Perfect (Playstation 2, Gamecube, and original XBox),
Unreal Championship 2 (original XBox).

All five deserved to be experienced by PC-only gamers.

Reply 15 of 21, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2022-12-05, 02:34:

Unreal Championship 2

Wow, a fellow fan of UC 2! Sadly, the game didn't seem to get much attentions, though from what I saw, most people who played it did really like it. And it *really* deserved to appear on the PC, not just so more people could discover and play it, but so that it could get the traditional 'Unreal' games fan-made mod treatment. The maps, mods, and mutators that fans would have made for it would have been brilliant.

Interestingly, a few years back, a prototype of UC 2 for Windows was leaked to the public, but it was unfinished. I remember that it was completely silent, no sound or music at all, and I think there were other unfinished aspects to one degree or another, but the fact that it was silent meant that I didn't bother trying the prototype. Maybe someone has improved it since then, I don't know. I'm happy playing the game on my original XBox (against bots, I mean, I'm not a fan of online gaming).

Reply 16 of 21, by gaffa2002

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Was a fan of SNK games, at the time before emulation became accessible, I wished for PC ports of Metal Slug and The King of Fighters series.
And for a long time, wished for ports of Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 0 and Doom 64. Only many years after release the PC ports were released.

LO-RES, HI-FUN

My DOS/ Win98 PC specs

EP-7KXA Motherboard
Athlon Thunderbird 750mhz
256Mb PC100 RAM
Geforce 4 MX440 64MB AGP (128 bit)
Sound Blaster AWE 64 CT4500 (ISA)
32GB HDD

Reply 17 of 21, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Prince of Persia Classic
29041.jpg

Aside of those tetris handhelds, PoP was the first videogame I've ever played this remaster released on X360 and PS3 (unavailable in my region and completely taken down by now) and Android/IOS. The only way to play it on PC is through emulation.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 18 of 21, by Virtua

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

returnal, though that's all but confirmed considering it has a hidden steam page. ghost of tsushima would be awesome despite my open world rot

win 10 : x570-a pro • ryzen 5900x • geforce rtx 3070 • sound blaster x ae-5 plus
win 98 : k8-vm800 • athlon 3000+ • radeon 9600 • sound blaster live! 5.1

Reply 19 of 21, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
liqmat wrote on 2022-12-04, 23:11:

Oh... this is easy.

Steel Battalion. Absolutely was addicted to that game with its monster controller. If only.

😁 You beat me to it. How could I ever forget about it? I remember stumbled upon an article about the game when looking for HOTAS Warthog reviews.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.