Common searches

List of Currently Free Games

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 476, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A cute, free game over @ IndieGala (normally $2.99 @ Steam (Edit: Dropped to .59 cents @ Steam until Jan. 5th)) to get you in the holiday spirit.

Snowball

Basically a snowy pinball game and just in time for that massive winter wave moving across the U.S.

Last edited by liqmat on 2022-12-22, 20:56. Edited 5 times in total.

Reply 104 of 476, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
awgamer wrote on 2022-12-20, 21:14:

>to get you in the holiday spirit.

Looks like a nice christmas themed pinball game if you don't mind going through facebook/google to get it.

Or just make an account @ IndieGala. The game is a DRM-free download as well.

Reply 105 of 476, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-12-20, 18:55:

Epic:

Wolfenstein The New Order

Basically they are having "15 days of mostly free dupe games"

I don't trust epic's "free" games. They are games with strings attached, like steam be weary of so called free games on sites other than gog inho.

iami

Reply 106 of 476, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
twiz11 wrote on 2022-12-21, 15:01:

Epic:

Basically they are having "15 days of mostly free dupe games"

I don't trust epic's "free" games. They are games with strings attached, like steam be weary of so called free games on sites other than gog inho.

I don't get why some people hate this, I have several of them and most aren't subscription or F2P-based. Sure, it has some strings attached such as creating an account, possible DRM and the use of launchers (except GOG.com which is optional), but you aren't forced to get them.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 107 of 476, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Gmlb256 wrote on 2022-12-21, 15:52:
twiz11 wrote on 2022-12-21, 15:01:

Epic:

Basically, they are having "15 days of mostly free dupe games"

I don't trust epic's "free" games. They are games with strings attached, like steam be weary of so-called free games on sites other than gog into.

I don't get why some people hate this, I have several of them and most aren't subscription or F2P-based. Sure, it has some strings attached such as creating an account, possible DRM, and using launchers (except GOG.com which is optional), but you aren't forced to get them.

I redeem so-called free games on twitch prime or prime gaming, steam, and Xbox but they are only there to get their foot in your door. I installed so many launchers to get freebies that I didn't realize how addictive it was. First, it's Fortnite then Wolfenstein a so-called single-player game, when will the freebies end? Especially with Stadia/Luna I never trusted them as far as I could throw them. I only played free2play titles like Destiny 2. Even when I got my money back from buying so-called stadia games, it would have been better to just pay for the subscription because nothing is free, merely with strings attached. I know Destiny 2 will close at some point in the future as well as fortnite, but to get Wolfenstein for "free" just to get you to install their launcher when other launchers have closed makes it a gimmick. Free games at a loss to get you to invest/buy vbucks/sub for fornite. Xbox Game Pass ultimate is more honorable than free games since you know what your getting and what will be delisted at some point and if you don't pay you don't get access anymore, and make that mistake with xbox live gold locking me out of my free games I gotten with xbl gold now no longer working.

iami

Reply 109 of 476, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
twiz11 wrote on 2022-12-21, 16:23:

I redeem so-called free games on twitch prime or prime gaming, steam, and Xbox but they are only there to get their foot in your door. I installed so many launchers to get freebies that I didn't realize how addictive it was. First, it's Fortnite then Wolfenstein a so-called single-player game, when will the freebies end? Especially with Stadia/Luna I never trusted them as far as I could throw them. I only played free2play titles like Destiny 2. Even when I got my money back from buying so-called stadia games, it would have been better to just pay for the subscription because nothing is free, merely with strings attached. I know Destiny 2 will close at some point in the future as well as fortnite, but to get Wolfenstein for "free" just to get you to install their launcher when other launchers have closed makes it a gimmick. Free games at a loss to get you to invest/buy vbucks/sub for fornite. Xbox Game Pass ultimate is more honorable than free games since you know what your getting and what will be delisted at some point and if you don't pay you don't get access anymore, and make that mistake with xbox live gold locking me out of my free games I gotten with xbl gold now no longer working.

Well, I agree that online gaming services has ugly downsides, notably when a game gets discontinued and stop being available forever (or older versions in some cases) and in situations where the Internet connection is lost. I played briefly Fornite, but it never caught my attention for obvious reasons.

Anyway, let's stop discussing this here. This thread is about free games being offered anywhere, not about DRM or online services.

Last edited by Gmlb256 on 2022-12-21, 16:58. Edited 1 time in total.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 114 of 476, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2022-12-22, 17:00:
Epic: […]
Show full quote

Epic:

Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics

Didn't see these coming

Has anyone tried getting Epic games working on a retro PC like GOG games? Is it even possible?

Reply 115 of 476, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Define "retro pc".
Do you want to play them with the launcher and/or online connectivity and/or DRM? If not then you can use a launcher emulator or crack or the game might be DRM free.
Think all the Epic emulators may require Vista+ but I'd have to double check.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 118 of 476, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kolderman wrote on 2022-12-22, 19:57:

Has anyone tried getting Epic games working on a retro PC like GOG games? Is it even possible?

If the games are DRM-free (they should be,) just copy over the game files to the retro machine after installing them on a modern PC. Most games I played so far, even modern ones, did not require the Epic launcher at all.