VOGONS

First post, by jabz11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi I have a Elpina BA E-VO mainbord that I'm going to use for a retro build, so trying to locate the manual/drivers and BIOS.
I tried searching google etc, and tried some mainboard identifier websites which most are dead now, so its difficult.
Any help appreciated.

It has the following markings, and pictures are below.

On the Back in different areas, not together are:
Elpina
BA (in a diamond shape), E-VO
"9736" inscribed in the PCB screenprint.

On the Front:
V1.1
Q.C.35 oval sticker
Last ISA Port has a sticker with: TR7A117506 made in China.
Chipset chip with: SIS 5582, PHA0512 & 9734CT printed on it.

It has:
Dual AT and ATX PSU connectors
2 DIMM Memory slots
4 SIMM Memory slots
4 PCI Slots
4 ISA Slots

AMI BIOS Chip with: 586, AMI copyright, H79981 printed on it.

New info since I have been searching:
on another site someone suggested the following might be the board,
although close, the layout is different and its not dual AT ATX power like the one I have. https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/m-tech-mti-ris-r548
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get the board to POST, it now powers on but no beeps etc still working on it. Might try another CPU..currently using a Pentium 166 MMX

BWEchcx.jpg

V1ATyTo.jpg

Reply 1 of 7, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"Elpina" is one of the many pseudonyms of PC Chips. Can't immediately find the relevant board though.

But... Looks like this board has all jumper settings silkscreened onto the PCB. Have you set it correctly for your P55C CPU based on that?

Also, which memory are you using? I don't like the look of those RAM voltage jumpers near the DIMM slots and would recommend testing with a matched pair of SIMMs first.

Reply 3 of 7, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Grab a post card from ebay or somewhere.

And I second, trying simms.

Also try different multiplier settings on the cpu. Sometimes those can lock up the post if set wrong. (I’m not talking about 2.5x not being correct, hard to explain, just trust me, try 3, 3, 1.5/3.5.)

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 6 of 7, by jabz11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
imi wrote on 2022-12-30, 13:13:

seems to be this one:
https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/pcchips-m567

the chipset listed seems to be incorrect?

Great thanks looks to be the closest one. I think the heatsink having TX Pro II is incorrect, maybe they just used them an not bothered printing new ones?

Reply 7 of 7, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
jabz11 wrote on 2022-12-30, 23:41:

thanks for the suggestions will give it a shot. Im using SIMMs. Are the memory voltage jumpers relevant when using SIMMs?

Depends on the motherboard. I believe there were both 5v and 3.3v simms and dimms

If your simms are 60ns or 70ns chances are that they are 5v

50ns and 40ns simms can be 3.3v

Sdram pc100/133 is probably (most certainly) going. To be 3.3v

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)