Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote on 2023-01-26, 06:52:
Nexxen wrote on 2023-01-26, 01:21:
Crysis […]
Show full quote

Crysis

I didn't remember a single bit of it. Like I never played it.
Cool!

Am I wrong or in certain situations it keeps spawning enemies? 😀

I don't remember endless spawns in Crysis. I remember the snow tanking the framerate like hell on my poor HD4850 (IIRC), and I remember the final boss fight being dumb as fuck. It was otherwise a very fun game, I need to play Crysis: Warhead at some point.

Certain spots in that game like the scene at the very end tanked my 6850 down to like three frames per second. I've never tried it on more recent hardware.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 4761 of 5934, by Munx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Crysis was somehow both fun and frustration. Fun for the most time, frustrating whenever I had to pilot anything or whenever I would encounter a helicopter, AI of which was obviously cheating because it would always know where I was, because even if I was cloaked, it would just float right above me, making it impossible to sneak way from.

My builds!
The FireStarter 2.0 - The wooden K5
The Underdog - The budget K6
The Voodoo powerhouse - The power-hungry K7
The troll PC - The Socket 423 Pentium 4

Reply 4762 of 5934, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm playing Rayman Redemption. About 40% through and the game is amazing so far, but if and only if you are a fan of the original Rayman.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 4763 of 5934, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dr_st wrote on 2023-01-26, 21:43:

I'm playing Rayman Redemption. About 40% through and the game is amazing so far, but if and only if you are a fan of the original Rayman.

One of the top fan made games ever made. It's really well done. Haven't completed it yet myself.

Reply 4764 of 5934, by Nexxen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Munx wrote on 2023-01-26, 13:44:

Crysis was somehow both fun and frustration. Fun for the most time, frustrating whenever I had to pilot anything or whenever I would encounter a helicopter, AI of which was obviously cheating because it would always know where I was, because even if I was cloaked, it would just float right above me, making it impossible to sneak way from.

Absolutely.
I finished it too fast, too easily. I died really too many times.

I'm not replaying it any time soon. I largely prefer Crysis 2.

PC#1 Pentium 233 MMX - 98SE
PC#2 PIII-1Ghz - 98SE/W2K

Reply 4765 of 5934, by NovaCN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Incoming excessively-verbose essay getting way too deep into the flaws of a remake of a game for children:

I first played Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil when I was around 11 or 12 and happened to rent it from Blockbuster. I hadn't played the first game and knew nothing about the series (though do two games and a couple spinoffs of questionable canonicity actually qualify as a series?) but I wanted something to play and it looked interesting. The story ended up affecting me on such a deep level, having such a huge impact on me, that to this day it's one of my favorite games of all time. I got my own copy secondhand a little while after and it honestly still bugs me that I don't have the original case or manual. Played the first game too, once I was able to do so.

Anyway I bring this up because I recently played Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series, a remake of both games (played via Steam). The version of Klonoa 1 here is pretty solid, based primarily on the Wii remake but reverting some changes so it's closer to the Playstation original. The first game is good, but I wouldn't rate it much higher than that. It's a well-made 2.5D puzzle-platformer aimed at children, with a greater focus on storytelling than that description would tend to evoke, but the story isn't that deep despite some surprisingly dark moments, and the gameplay suffers a bit from some obnoxious difficulty spikes.

Where I take issue with this remake is the handling of Klonoa 2. It was not nearly as commercially successful as its predecessor but it is by far the better game. The difficulty curve is ironed out a bit, new enemies, tools, and level gimmicks add a lot of variety, and the narrative has a lot of interesting themes handled in an unexpectedly mature manner, albeit presented in a way that even a child can understand (as one might expect from how I reacted to it when I was young). This is where the Klonoa games really figured out what they wanted to be and it still crushes my spirit that this game sold so poorly that they never made a third one.
The remake... what can I call it except frustratingly unpolished? Klonoa 2 had such a distinct visual style and it's badly watered down here. For a cutesy mascot platformer, Lunatea's Veil had an unusually muted color palette with a lot of dark or desaturated textures and stark, moody shading. A lot of this was likely due to the specific hardware of the Playstation 2—multiplatform games of that generation did tend to have muddier textures and more washed-out colors on PS2 compared to Xbox or Gamecube versions—but Klonoa 2 has a much more melancholy tone than the first game and most of its ilk, which the original look complemented and enhanced beautifully. Whether intended or not, it really worked for the game.
The remake looks like Klonoa 1. They more or less unified the aesthetic, to 2's detriment. It's extremely bright, all the colors are highly-saturated, the sharp angles in the character and environment models are all rounded out, and the shading... So the PS2 was technically capable of real-time dynamic lighting, but it was a very new technology for consoles at the time and put such a strain on the hardware that games using it were forced to cut back elsewhere and tended to suffer in other places visually. Klonoa 2 was a very early PS2 game, released only about a year after the console itself, and dynamic lights were kept to a relative minimum. The characters were cel-shaded, and the shadows in most environments were pre-baked by hand, creating the very stark look that I mentioned. The remake uses modern dynamic lighting tech and paradoxically it makes the game look a lot more flat and lifeless. All of the atmosphere is lost. I'll attach a comparison image of the same cutscene from both versions so y'all can see for yourselves just how much of a downgrade it is: the original shot is ominous and imposing where the remake's... exists.
That's not even getting into the other places where the Phantasy Reverie version has a really noticeable lack of polish overall. The presentation of dialogue is a big one: both Klonoa games use a conlang for their voice acting (many characters in the first game use canned voice grunts, but in the sequel it's full voice acting in this fictional language with multiple dialects for different characters, and you can even pick up on some consistent words and phrases and use of proper nouns) and the PS2 version of the second game had the subtitles within its dialogue boxes appear gradually, in sync with the voices, even changing pace or pausing at the same times that the characters do. It was a little thing but it made the text feel properly tied to the spoken dialogue, gave you this sense that you were following the conversation just the same as if they were speaking in plain English. The remake doesn't do that, preferring to have all of the text appear at once, but it still doesn't give you the button prompt to move on to the next line until the voice actor is done speaking. That connection is lost completely, and while it's not something you'd miss if you didn't know about how the original did it, it is unquestionably a loss, and it really speaks to how little care obviously went into this remake.

At its core, this is still the same game I fell in love with most of a lifetime ago. The tight platforming, clever puzzles, appealing characters, and creative environments are all intact. The narrative of grappling with grief and self-doubt, and the ways we self-harm by denying our own feelings, the necessity of accepting and living with even the negative experiences in our lives, is as moving and powerful as it has always been. But the game here is by far a lesser version of itself. I am glad that it exists, because copies of the PS2 version aren't the easiest thing to find anymore and last I checked it had some issues running in emulation, so having a version, even a lesser one, that's widely available is definitely a net positive. And everything I talked about probably would not bother someone who is not familiar with the original and is just playing it now for the first time via this remake (in fact I know this for certain because a friend did just that recently and loved it). But as for me, I have gone back and replayed this game every 2-3 years for the past two decades. I know it intimately. Klonoa 2 is one of those works of media that helped to make me who I am. And every moment I spent playing this remake made me wish I had dusted off my old PS2 and was playing that version instead. And that really isn't a good place for a remake to be.

Attachments

• Klonoa 2 Comparison.png
    Filename
    Klonoa 2 Comparison.png
    File size
    1.42 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

[Insert late-aughts overly-elaborate animated signature banner here]

Reply 4766 of 5934, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was reading a newspaper when my COMLINK beeped.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-36-23-20.jpg
A treaty, huh?

Turned out it was DDO Warhurst, who summoned me to Langley.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-37-41-41.jpg
Alright, alright, I'm coming, 'Sir'.

The flight was uneventful.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-38-13-90.jpg
Zzzz... Zzzz....

As I entered the building, the security guard confiscated my gun.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-38-27-52.jpg
Why are you taking my gun? I assure you, I'm not a postal worker!

There was a meeting...
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-40-34-43.jpg
Is it just me or does this guy really look like Willem Dafoe?

...and I was sent to The Farm.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-41-03-77.jpg
Mama Mama cant you see? What this corps has done for me.

They told me to identify a license farm...
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-44-05-27.jpg
A refresher course? You gotta' be kidding me!

...so I did.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-44-12-14.jpg
Just like in the movies, right?

The plate was naturally hard to read but I made my best guess.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-45-52-51.jpg
But unlike in the movies, photos don't magically smoothen themselves when you zoom them in.

Reporting my result to Director Milkovsky.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-48-19-98.jpg
In all frankness, Sir, I just pulled the numbers out of my a**.

Turned out my guess was right, so he handed me the next task.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-48-47-17.jpg
Oookay.

I had to identify which tanks had their engines running from this satellite imagery.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-49-07-22.jpg
Counting sheep... I mean tanks.

So I zoomed in to get clearer image.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-49-44-65.jpg
Nice tanks!

Then I overlaid the satellite image with infrared data.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-50-35-48.jpg
The nice thing about infrared is it also shows the tanks that were under the tent.

This is what infrared data looks like when not overlaid with photo.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-52-31-70.jpg
Just red blobs there and there.

Finally, I reported my findings.
DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-53-04-07.jpg
Uh, Sir? What's the worst could happen if I missed a tank or two?

So, could anyone guess what game am I playing now?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 4767 of 5934, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

still playing Oblivion without guides

so far i stayed the course in the fighters and mages guild eventually completing both - and did some side quests as they emerged. lots of fun. Still not that aware of skills etc and their actual effect on the game, doesn't seem as hardcore about these things as some RPGs and so i can see it could be played relatively casually (or cluelessly!)

among the many oddities are that you can be discussing literal life & death situations with an npc and in the next breath, if clicking rumors, they cheerfully talk about how great the prices in some shop is!

somehow it all adds to the experience of being in 'their' strange world too!

maybe the many caves and ruins are all a bit similar and after a while you kind of get what a given place is about but so far it hasnt detracted from the fun

Reply 4768 of 5934, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote on 2023-01-27, 15:28:
I was reading a newspaper when my COMLINK beeped. https://i.postimg.cc/gr2MH85C/DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-36-23-20.jpg A treaty, huh? […]
Show full quote

A treaty, huh?

Zzzz... Zzzz....

There was a meeting...

...so I did.

But unlike in the movies, photos don't magically smoothen themselves when you zoom them in.

Oookay.

I had to identify which tanks had their engines running from this satellite imagery.

Nice tanks!

The nice thing about infrared is it also shows the tanks that were under the tent.

100% Spycraft from Activision. I didn't see my friend for a solid week when that came out. I never played it, but he loved it.

Reply 4769 of 5934, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Started playing the Dead Space remake. Game looks good and runs well in general (1440p on Ryzen 3600 + 5700 XT), but there are a few stutters, most likely from the shaders being built (a common occurrence for me in newer games, but at least it disappears after a while).

Not sure if I like the new "Intensity Director" they added to the game, which can spawn enemies in different locations (spawn points are not fixed anymore)... I swear a few necromorphs appeared directly on top of me, I was like "Huh?". Also when you backtrack to certain areas new enemies may appear, it's supposedly done to "keep you on your toes the whole time", but a good survival horror should not overdo the tension elements as it risks becoming redundant.

Anyway, I'm just a couple of chapters in so we'll see how it goes. There appear to be secondary sidequests, and they have expanded certain aspects of the story, so at least it's different enough from the original.

Reply 4770 of 5934, by newtmonkey

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Planescape: Torment
I decided to pick this back up and put an hour or so into it today. 20 hours in, I think that this is not an RPG , but an adventure game with light RPG elements.

There are some things I really like about this game. It looks and sounds fantastic; it's hard to believe it's running on the same engine as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. It also has some really great writing. I have no clue at all about the Planescape world, but the dialog provides just enough exposition to fill me in, without it really feeling like exposition. It's a truly weird, alien world, but I'm able to get it 100% just from picking up hints in the dialog. It's really an amazing feat, in that respect.

The first 10 hours or so were great. Unfortuately, shortly after that the game just became an endless series of fetch quests. These are the worst kinds of fetch quests. You figure out that you need to talk to Billy to progress the story. So you track Billy down, and yes, he has what you need, but first you need to get the Tears of Agony. You should ask Jimmy about that. So you track Jimmy down. Yep, I have the Tears of Agony, but I want the Earrings of Torment. You can ask Joey about that. And on, and on, and on.

I just got done with a half a dozen fetch quests, and it seemed like I was finally getting through this tedious part. But when I completed what I thought had to be the final fetch quest, the game provided no hint or lead at all on what to do next. I guess I just need to explore every map all over again and read though all the dialog trees to figure out the next step. Instead, I cheated and looked up the solution, just to see what was involved. Well, it's more fetch quests. Lots more. I need to do a series of fetch quests to get some item I've never even heard of, and there is even a sub-chain of fetch quests in there.

The RPG stuff seems completely disconnected from the rest of the game. I am getting all these level ups through solving dialog "puzzles" and fetch quests, but for what? I haven't fought anything in 5 hours. Improvements to Armor Class and THACO don't have effect on me talking to people, so what's the point? I have a spellbook of dozens of spells, but can't use them to solve puzzles or influence dialog, so what's the point? My character is immortal, why even have combat? This should have just been a pure adventure game imo.

Last edited by newtmonkey on 2023-01-28, 16:12. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 4771 of 5934, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
liqmat wrote on 2023-01-27, 17:16:
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote on 2023-01-27, 15:28:
I was reading a newspaper when my COMLINK beeped. https://i.postimg.cc/gr2MH85C/DOSBox-2023-01-15-16-36-23-20.jpg A treaty, huh? […]
Show full quote

A treaty, huh?

Zzzz... Zzzz....

There was a meeting...

...so I did.

Oookay.

Nice tanks!

100% Spycraft from Activision. I didn't see my friend for a solid week when that came out. I never played it, but he loved it.

Glad to know this game is still remembered. 😀

I've never played SpyCraft before, but I fell in love with this game the first time I read its review in July 1996 issue of Computer Gaming World. But somehow, I've never got the chance to buy the game, let alone playing it. But some weeks ago I spotted the game on GoG and bought it.

I haven't continued the game since 'counting the tanks' part though. Busy schedule and such. 🙁

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 4772 of 5934, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
newtmonkey wrote on 2023-01-28, 15:49:
Planescape: Torment I decided to pick this back up and put an hour or so into it today. 20 hours in, I think that this is not a […]
Show full quote

I decided to pick this back up and put an hour or so into it today. 20 hours in, I think that this is not an RPG , but an adventure game with light RPG elements.

There are some things I really like about this game. It looks and sounds fantastic; it's hard to believe it's running on the same engine as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. It also has some really great writing. I have no clue at all about the Planescape world, but the dialog provides just enough exposition to fill me in, without it really feeling like exposition. It's a truly weird, alien world, but I'm able to get it 100% just from picking up hints in the dialog. It's really an amazing feat, in that respect.

The first 10 hours or so were great. The quest made sense and I felt like I was making progress. Unfortuately, shortly after that the game just became and endless series of fetch quests. "I can tell you about XXX, but you need to get me YYY first." It seems like I've spent the last 5 hours just doing this, over and over.

I just got done with what seemed like half a dozen fetch quests, and now I have one of two things I need to progress the game. I have a general idea of what the other thing is, but zero leads on where to find it. I guess I just gotta comb all these maps and talk to everyone and their endless dialog trees to find a hint. So, I cheated and looked up the solution, just to see what was involved. I'm supposed to talk to some NPC's "sense cube" (huh????) to get a hint on where the other thing is. At this point, I feel like I am playing a Sierra adventure game, not an RPG.

Okay, whatever, my mistake, maybe I wasn't thorough in exploring every single room of every single area. But wait, there's more. Even if I did do that, I also need to do a series of fetch quests to get some item I've never even heard of, including a multi-step fetch quest for a particular NPC. At this point, it's been hours since I have learned anything about the world, or enjoyed any of the dialog; I'm just delivering doohickeys from one guy to another.

The RPG stuff seems completely disconnected from the rest of the game. I am getting all these level ups through solving dialog "puzzles" and fetch quests, but for what? I haven't fought anything in 5 hours. Improvements to Armor Class and THACO don't have effect on me talking to people, so what's the point? I have a spellbook of dozens of spells, but can't use them to solve puzzles or influence dialog, so what's the point? My character is immortal, why even have combat? This should have just been a pure adventure game imo.

You just confirmed why I've always been apprehensive about starting this game. So many good reviews and ratings keep it on my radar, but when it's time to pick a game, my gut always tells me to pick something else.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 4773 of 5934, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Planescape: Torment I decided to pick this back up and put an hour or so into it today. 20 hours in, I think that this is not a […]
Show full quote

The first 10 hours or so were great. Unfortuately, shortly after that the game just became an endless series of fetch quests. These are the worst kinds of fetch quests. You figure out that you need to talk to Billy to progress the story. So you track Billy down, and yes, he has what you need, but first you need to get the Tears of Agony. You should ask Jimmy about that. So you track Jimmy down. Yep, I have the Tears of Agony, but I want the Earrings of Torment. You can ask Joey about that. And on, and on, and on.

I just got done with a half a dozen fetch quests, and it seemed like I was finally getting through this tedious part. But when I completed what I thought had to be the final fetch quest, the game provided no hint or lead at all on what to do next. I guess I just need to explore every map all over again and read though all the dialog trees to figure out the next step. Instead, I cheated and looked up the solution, just to see what was involved. Well, it's more fetch quests. Lots more. I need to do a series of fetch quests to get some item I've never even heard of, including a multi-step fetch quest for a particular NPC.

Dialogues is the answer; extra equipment, special abilities etc. are superfluous.
The joy comes from the narrative, i like the fact that my stats alter the way i solve a dialogue, or an item i have etc. it's an RPG where the roleplaying comes 80% from the talking with characters, it's the in-between the fetch quests that's interesting and the resulting narrative.

That's what i remember feeling back in 2008\9 when i played and replayed the game multiple times, i should go back to it.

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png
If you wanna check a blue ball playing retro PC games
MIDI Devices: RA-50 (modded to MT-32) SC-55

Reply 4774 of 5934, by newtmonkey

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I guess this is my issue with the game. It's got a great story and writing, but you have to complete so many fetch quests just to get at it. It doesn't really feel like role-playing to me, because you are just picking the one dialog option that solves the dialog "puzzle." It's frustrating to solve a fetch quest, thinking that you can progress the story/game, only to have the character send you off to another guy with another fetch quest.

It's certainly possible, though, that the game is just fetch quest-heavy during the middle. I'm hoping once I get to the next chapter, there will be less fetch quests and more exploration and dialog (maybe even some combat).

Reply 4775 of 5934, by Sombrero

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The philosophy the devs had was to do the exact opposite of a traditional RPG and they quite literally did so in just about every way. The game is all about the world, the characters and the story while combat sits at the back. The game really REALLY should be played with an intelligence/charisma character build to get the most of it, you'll otherwise miss a lot of dialog options. Even the weapons are mainly normally uncommon axes and daggers, I don't remember did the game even have a single sword in it.

It really is more like an adventure game where you spend the most time reading and talking to people than fighting and I do agree that it should have been a pure adventure game as the combat, as little there is, sucks butt. It really does, even BG1 runs laps around it. To make things worse the devs ran out of money during development and had to rush the last parts of the game, thus losing most of what the game excelled at and consisting mostly of the said crappy combat. At least it's not difficult, just keep yourself well stocked with those healing items and steamroll ahead.

So for someone who mostly enjoys infinity engine games and the like for the combat, this is something you probably should give a wide berth. But for me PS:T is one of my all time favorites. Even with its many, many issues.

Reply 4776 of 5934, by newtmonkey

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I guess I just don't get it, then. The story is good, dialog/writing is good, for sure. And it's got a fascinating world to explore. Meanwhile, I'm doing endless fetch quests, and clicking on the right dialog puzzle option levels up two of my characters and they gain more HPs and spells and abilities, but none of that has any effect on the dialog options. It seems completely disconnected from the real content of the game.

My issue with combat is that, it's not so much that Planescape doesn't have combat, but that it has all these RPG aspects (inventory, stats) but the only things that seem to matter so far are whether or not you have the fetch quest item in your inventory, and whether you have high enough stats to unlock all the dialog options (I did focus on INT/WIS/CHA for the record, and I am pretty certain I have access to most if not all dialog options).

I would have liked the game to have taken an approach similar to Fallout. Instead of just adding more dialog options based on stats, allow you to solve quests in multiple ways. I have read you can just go around murdering NPCs to take their items, so I guess there's that haha.

Reply 4777 of 5934, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well it's just a different kind of RPG, it's focusing on side quests (which are not all fetch) that you can solve in multiple ways but through dialogues, it seems that you don't take the complex dialogue system as an RPG thing but it's just another way to go at it, you answer how you feel like answering not just for the reward but for the dialogue itself and the lore behind it, arcanum it's kinda like that too but i think the combat is more interesting and you can impact the quests and narrative even outside of dialogues.

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png
If you wanna check a blue ball playing retro PC games
MIDI Devices: RA-50 (modded to MT-32) SC-55

Reply 4778 of 5934, by newtmonkey

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What I am trying to say, is that the dialog is not a complex system, but instead you just select the one option that completes the quest. I am just talking about the main quest here, not side quests. The problem for me is that the main quest 20 hours in is just linear fetch quests now.

You often do have the option to select your own dialog, but everything other than the one solution just ends the dialog. It completely halts your progress in the game. That's fine in an adventure game or even a console RPG, since that is expected, but in a computer RPG it feels very limiting.

I guess my point is, even as a dialog-focused adventure/RPG, I don't think this game is successful. Maybe it was during the first 10 hours, where it really felt like I was experiencing a novel not as a reader but as the protagonist. 20 hours in, it just seems like I'm playing an adventure game from Sierra or Lucasarts now.

For example, I had actually stopped playing this a year ago because I reached some point where I needed to complete a fetch quest to progress the plot, and didn't know what to do, just like a Sierra adventure game. When I picked it up again today, I actually was able to find another fetch quest I could do, and it seemed like I could bypass the first fetch quest. I was very impressed, thinking maybe the game is not as linear as it seems. But once I completed fetch quest#2, the NPC told me to go talk to the NPC from quest#1 for more information. So this was just a side quest, and I was back where I started. I didn't learn more about the world of Planescape, or even the characters in my party. It was basically just a big waste of my time, funneling me back to the one route through the game.

Reply 4779 of 5934, by Sombrero

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
newtmonkey wrote on 2023-01-28, 19:13:

just like a Sierra adventure game.

Considering you are an immortal who just gets up some time later after "dying" (unless rats eat you or something), who in addition doesn't die every 30 seconds, I don't think comparison to a Sierra game is accurate 🤣