VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya!

can anyone identify this 8088 motherboard? I tried searching for "SUPER 10-B" but I did not find anything useful...

wh2jnbRh.jpg

any hints will be appreciated, thanks!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 21, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am not worried about acid damage , I'll just spend some time and fix it. I am more worried from lack of documentation 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 21, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes I have found the B1 bios site, what would be more interesting is the jumper block setting. I have also found some B1 pics online, main difference is a variable cap on the xtal1 position, B has a fixed one

Reply 6 of 21, by rein_ein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Tried search in TH99 archive without luck,so best i found is topic about bios,the good that it was bumped after seven years,last time in 2015 and there at least 2 owners of this mobo on the forum

http://www.phantom.sannata.ru/forum/index.php … um_view&o=&st=0

3x5uzq-5.png
4sv43l-5.png

Reply 7 of 21, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

@kanecvr
the pictured mobo has full 640kb , maybe the extra sockets where used with lower capacity ram ICs

@rein_ein
thanks for that, checking it but I don't recognize any nicks from here - what am I missing? 😁

as per the Russian thread the mobo might be similar to this: http://www.uncreativelabs.de/th99/m/U-Z/33682.htm

Last edited by keropi on 2016-10-03, 17:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 9 of 21, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ah, no problem rein_ein - still I got some leads 😀
are they still searching for the BIOS? Or google translate is way off?

Reply 11 of 21, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

as per the Russian thread the mobo might be similar to this: http://www.uncreativelabs.de/th99/m/U-Z/33682.htm

Your board seems to be a revised, more modern version of the one on the link. In fact it seems to accept 44256 RAM chips. Also on your board JP5 is on a different position, and headers are rearranged compared to the older version. For your board, JP3 is for Turbo Switch and LED, JP4 for Reset and JP5 for Power LED and Speaker.

DIP switches you can follow the info on that page. Should be pretty much the same.

Reply 12 of 21, by Imperious

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have the board pictured below, obviously a newer one than Yours based on the F revision.

Attachments

• Dsc00804a.jpg
    Filename
    Dsc00804a.jpg
    File size
    649.23 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Atari 2600, TI994a, Vic20, c64, ZX Spectrum 128, Amstrad CPC464, Atari 65XE, Commodore Plus/4, Amiga 500
PC's from XT 8088, 486, Pentium MMX, K6, Athlon, P3, P4, 775, to current Ryzen 5600x.

Reply 14 of 21, by Imperious

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is all I could find

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/U/UN … -MAINBOARD.html

Atari 2600, TI994a, Vic20, c64, ZX Spectrum 128, Amstrad CPC464, Atari 65XE, Commodore Plus/4, Amiga 500
PC's from XT 8088, 486, Pentium MMX, K6, Athlon, P3, P4, 775, to current Ryzen 5600x.

Reply 15 of 21, by mtsiakiris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, is anyone still interested?
I own this motherboard and I am trying to bring this back in life. There is a manual too, I can share more pics, just pm me.
Thanx!

Attachments

• IMG20230108134319.jpg
    Filename
    IMG20230108134319.jpg
    File size
    191.99 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • IMG20230108134351.jpg
    Filename
    IMG20230108134351.jpg
    File size
    1.55 MiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 16 of 21, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mtsiakiris wrote on 2023-01-08, 11:51:

I own this motherboard and I am trying to bring this back in life. There is a manual too, I can share more pics, just pm me.
Thanx!

I think it would be best if you could scan the whole manual and upload it in The Retro Web project - a better stason.org/TH99 alternative
Thank you for your initiative! 😃👍
(Also sending you a pn as you requested.)

Reply 17 of 21, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanx!

Does yours work at 4.77Mhz speed? I used to own a similar board but never found the setting to disable the 10Mhz turbo mode.

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 18 of 21, by mtsiakiris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MMaximus wrote on 2023-01-09, 19:22:

Does yours work at 4.77Mhz speed? I used to own a similar board but never found the setting to disable the 10Mhz turbo mode.

Yes, it works on both modes, it has a special pin that is connected to push-on / push-off button in front of the case.
Wait till I upload the full manual and may be that lead you to something similar in yours.
But, depending the bios chip, management chip and oscillator crystals on your board, it might be impossible for you to run on 4.77.

Reply 19 of 21, by mtsiakiris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Doornkaat wrote on 2023-01-08, 12:41:
I think it would be best if you could scan the whole manual and upload it in The Retro Web project - a better stason.org/TH99 al […]
Show full quote

Thanx!

I think it would be best if you could scan the whole manual and upload it in The Retro Web project - a better stason.org/TH99 alternative
Thank you for your initiative! 😃👍
(Also sending you a pn as you requested.)

Hi again, trying to upload the manual in PDF, but exceeds limit of 5MB. So, sharing a public url here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_vYxBMdSYJ5_ … ?usp=share_link