ISA PCMCIA cards for DOS?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DerBaum wrote on 2024-01-15, 15:16:
Is there a special reason you want the pcmcia layer in between IDE and a CF card? You can use CF cards as Harddrives with just a […]
Show full quote
jnemo2004 wrote on 2024-01-15, 14:53:

I want to use this adapter card (ISA to PCMCIA) with an adapter PCMCIA to Compact Flash.

Is there a special reason you want the pcmcia layer in between IDE and a CF card?
You can use CF cards as Harddrives with just a small passive 10 euro adapter.
There are even brackets for the rear of the pc already made for accepting cf cards and a direct ide connection...

27851.jpg

hotswappable.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 21 of 25, by Tempus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I use a SCM Swapbox. Needs drivers for DOS and takes a bit of memory. It also requires B000-BFFF excluded with emm386.exe. Supports up to 32MB ATA.

Akumajō Dracula: Belmont's Theme Roland MT-32 | Yamaha YM2151

Reply 22 of 25, by jnemo2004

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you very much to all for the good ideas and support.
I want to use this adapter card just for only one reason: Old motherboards like 286, 386 and 486 (maybe not all of them), they have not PCI sockets, they only have ISA sockets and this adapter card could be a good solution for boot or maybe only for storage.
Thank you very much.

Reply 23 of 25, by jnemo2004

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Also to avoid the IDE controller card. I do not know it is only just to enjoy with old hardware. It cost me only 10 euros.

Reply 24 of 25, by eisapc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The IBM PS/2 9533-GB7 "PS/2e" used an ISA to 4 CF card slot adapter, but it is rare and maybe expensive.

Reply 25 of 25, by jnemo2004

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you very much.