VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nagra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi folks,

hope this is the right place for my posting.
A few days ago an ebay auction ended. The item was Dark Forces. It had a sticker on the box, showing "1.1". The seller mentioned, that this was a rare version of the game.

Is this true? Are there perhaps significant bug fixes in that version? I resisted the auction but am now wondering if I let a big chance go by.

nagra

MacMini 2018, DOS Box, SCUMM VM, Munt

Reply 1 of 11, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmmm... I can't find an update for Dark Forces at all, so i'd say there is no 1.1 for the game. Maybe there's some additional content on the CD, like game demos or the manual in PDF format or something "useful" like that. Or the seller simply made up a story to push the price of the item.

Reply 4 of 11, by Nagra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I dont think so. I am pretty sure that it was the pc-version. Unfortunately I did not bid on the game so after deleting the auction in my ebay there should be no way to find it again.

Reply 6 of 11, by Nagra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks reckless! Here it comes:
http://cgi.ebay.de/SET-Star-Wars-DARK-FORCES- … 1QQcmdZViewItem

Attachments

• Filename
    DarkForces01.JPG
    File size
    741.84 KiB
    Downloads
    190 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    DarkForces02.JPG
    File size
    423.91 KiB
    Downloads
    192 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    DarkForces03.JPG
    File size
    1.16 MiB
    Downloads
    225 downloads
    File license

Reply 8 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I think the figure is just tossed in by the seller 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 9 of 11, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i found my dark forces box today. it seems to be the same version like yours nagra.
it is german, has the "14 Missionen" and also the "Version 1.1" sticker on the backside but no figure.
iirc, i buyed the game in austria several years ago.

i see if i can find some infos on the cdrom about version 1.1.

EDIT: there is a file called CD.ID on the cd. when opened with a texteditor, it shows the exact version number.
in my case it says: Dark Forces Version 1.0 (Build 1). also no mention in the readme about v1.1.
the only bonus stuff are 2 lucasarts demos (dark forces, full throttle).

since the us version has also 14 missions, i think the two stickers are a marketing gag to get better sales in europe and nothing more...

sysprofile.png

Reply 11 of 11, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I happen to have two copies of Dark Forces, one I purchased a few years ago, and one that I "found" on the internet in the form of an iso.

The purchased one also says "Dark Forces Version 1.0 (Build 1)" in the CD.ID, however, the disk looks dfferent from the one in the auction.

The other version that I have says "Dark Forces Version 1.0 (Build 2)" in the CD.ID, and includes a windows installer.

I also noticed that the listing for the game at amazon.com shows a jewel case that says windows 95 and 98 on it.

Maybe that is what they are calling "version 1.1" since it has an updated installer.