VOGONS

MechWarrior 2 Version 1.1 now works in DOSBox.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 43 of 71, by garcy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

oh cheers, but i still have a problem, ok ill start from the start.
I have the DOS ver 1.1 of mechwarrior 2 i install it mounting c drive and d. everything runs normal except for a few errors but people have said just ignore them. anyway i applyed the no-cd patch it runes fine but when i go into Netmech dos it says "[lease insert the Mechwarrior 2 cd-rom" now i downloaded a .cue and .bin files. My quess is that i have a different version bin file that the cd i have. ok my question is how mound i go about making a .bin file i know how to make i .cue file i just need to know abount the .bin

Thanks,
Garcy

Reply 47 of 71, by Boreal Fadd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If anybody reads this thread still, thanks very much. I followed the instructions and have been really psyched with Mechwarrior 2, the reunion tour. It even plays well in 1024x768 although I haven't put the game through it's paces yet. Thanks to all who contributed.

Cheers

"It cannot be inherited and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour." T.S. Eliot

Reply 50 of 71, by kontza

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nice one. Too bad that my Thinkpad X60s dies on DosBox+MW2 Mercs (I know this thread is specifically about MW2, not Mercs). Well, actually it's the display driver that dies, and with that whole of XP.

As I'm a SW tweaker by heart, I started examining the game with OllyDbg. After those examining sessions, I wrote few DLLs, and now I'm able to play MW2 Mercs v1.1 D3D on XP as a native app. I suspect that this solution should work with all games of the MW2-series.

--
Köntzä

Reply 52 of 71, by The_Crank

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm still having problems with the CD myself and the crank didn't work. So I'm back to the cd issue and i have my virtual cd mounted using daemon tools, and so i want to try to use the image mount program within dosbox, but i can't figure out how to use it and try it, any helo?

Reply 53 of 71, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

What kind of image do you have? How did you create it?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions