VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just started playin' around with Daemon Tools this weekend. I've had it in my collection since it came out but I always preferred game cracks...unfortunately it's hard to get the crack for the updated game if a patch comes out.

Well, now I'm gonna buy 200gb HD's and start storing my CloneCD images of my game's onto my HD's. Then use Daemon Tools to emulate a virtual CD drive and point to my CloneCD images! WOOHOO!

This works out perfectly because I can take these images, stick 'em on my removeable USB2 hard drive and take TONS of games with me when I go on vacation but I don't have to lug around a HUGE cd case! YAY!

It also works out because I will never have to yank out my CD again to scratch or lose because it will always be on my HD. So take that crappy game companies who do not care about scratches CD's!

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 7, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Fantom CD works much better. It can emulate, like, E-Z, each as a different CD, and the interface is nice, and it can load just about every CD format imaginable (MDS, CCD, CUE, ISO, BWT, unfortunately not Nero's format but nothing does). It's great. I love it.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 7, by yawnmoth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Only problem with that is some games have CD copy protection that use sub channel data, which most CD readers aren't able to read well enough to reproduce (i guess). So, unless you got a really nice CD reader, then it won't work for newer games 🙁

Reply 3 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

heh. Not a problem for me. Been using Plextor's for a looong time now and Liteon's for 6 months. Picked up 2 48x Liteon's last week for $90 each.

Reply 6 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Experienced a prob with the latest ver of Fantom CD. Warcraft 3 wouldn't detect the CD althou I was able to access it just fine. Loaded it up with Daemon Tools and it worked fine. Was thinking it was a drive letter prob but Daemon Tools was R: and Fantom was U:.

Also Fantom CD is too bloated for what I need it for. Daemon Tools for me!