First post, by Major Jackyl
- Rank
- Member
I found this really cool device: AVA Instrumentation Model 103C Floppy Disk Exerciser.
It says it has a fault, but we'll see. I wanted to start a thread for it, since I've NEVER seen anything like this before. I haven't googled it (yet) but I wanted to get your guys' thoughts on it. It sounds like it does some basic features that ImageDisk does. The instructions are on the back.
Is there going to be a specific use-case for this, that ImageDisk can't/won't do? (seems unlikely, ImageDisk was well written, thanks, Dave!)
It also looks like there might be damage on the other side of the board, by the power plug. It's hard to see in there, but something looks blown-off the board and there is discoloration around the area. It requires +5VDC and it could've been caused by an "oops, +12V" moment, then chucked it in the dollar bin after the magic smoke.
I'm not going to be able to work on it for a while, but I want to know more, thanks!!
Daily Units:
ASUS P55TVP4, P-MMX233, Matrox2064W, CT2770
ABIT IS7, P43.2(SL7E6), PNY6600GTS, Audigy(0090)
ASUS M2N-SLI, A64X2-5600+, EVGA 8600GTx2, Audigy2(0240)
ASUS ST-990FX, FX-8350, MSI GTX760x2, SB X-Fi(0460)
MSI Z690, i9-12900K, MSI RTX3090, SB AE-7