VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Out of the blue...2 CD-ROM devices of mine, both gone. Had just rebooted (switching back from a recent XP reinstall) and they just weren't there anymore. Found them in safe mode, but they just won't show up in normal mode anymore. Can't be detected by a hardware scan either.

They show up in the BIOS and XP...annoying. May be time for that "full" reinstall again.

Reply 1 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hrmm...Not good. Drives disappeared, Private Message inbox filled up killing incoming messages, cleared up some space.
Performed Win98 re-install, now GliDOS is hosed and now the messageboard has gotten eerily quiet. Hrmmm...

Reply 2 of 4, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Uh..okay..uh..okay..well, if this is a legitimate problem (what's with the *wink*?) you should probably put it, y'know, on one of the HELP FORUMS. heh

I'm not sure if you're just screwing with everyone or not, but you can move your own thread if you aren't. 😜

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 3 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, i was kind of posting in the spirit of the "broken" thread
showthread.php?threadid=111
in hopes that maybe someone had a magic bullet to fix it (all I found were early Win95 bug reports).

So I performed the one fix I knew would work, a reinstall. Apparently that hosed my GLiDOS install (will check with Paul about that), then I notice that there hadn't been any posts for several hours and started thinking maybe my browsers were just giving me cached pages.

Short version: I was mostly whining, but also checking just to see if all was well my browser and the board. Want me to just wipe the whole thread? I guess it's kind of useless now...

Reply 4 of 4, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

All messages posted have postmarks, so-to-speak, so if you can remember when you last visited, you SHOULD be able to manually find new posts (use the advanced search). Be sure you're logged in -- if you're not, it can't tell you which posts you haven't seen 😀

Yes, it’s my fault.