VOGONS

First post, by AntiSnipe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh yeah! About VDMSound and that patch/update for it.

I use "VDMSound-2.0.4-WinNT-i386.msi". If I add the update, it causes problems. It's been a while since I did it, so I've forgotten exactly what the problem was. Stuttering sound? Scratchy sound? Tip of the Day popping up even when disabled? All of the above?

It was pretty bad whatever it was. Uninstalling and reinstalling without the update fixed it. I did it both ways several times to confirm, and I had a SBLive 5.1 at the time if that matters.

Reply 1 of 4, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
AntiSnipe wrote:

Oh yeah! About VDMSound and that patch/update for it.

Was that with TR under Glidos? When I ran into the problem, I reinstalled without trying any other games, so I never found out whether it was a problem specific to using Glidos with VDMSound.

Reply 2 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by AntiSnipe Oh yeah! About VDMSound and that patch/update for it.

I use "VDMSound-2.0.4-WinNT-i386.msi". If I add the update, it causes problems.

Geez, Snipe. You're a "bad luck magnet". You're running XP, and the updates are for XP, so it's not like they weren't meant for your OS.

It's been a while since I did it, so I've forgotten exactly what the problem was. Stuttering sound? Scratchy sound? Tip of the Day popping up even when disabled? All of the above? It was pretty bad whatever it was.

Well, kind of hard to troubleshoot without that kind of info. The only bug that crept into the update was when you updated VDMSound and used the GUI Launcher: there was a conflict involving the "fixPopF" setting. Even then, that shouldn't be relevant as GliDOS uses the command line version.

...and I had a SBLive 5.1 at the time if that matters.

Just so long as you're using the "updated-for-XP" drivers and not the horrible default SB-Live drivers that come with XP.

Reply 3 of 4, by Unregistered

User metadata

It was updated XP drivers.
It was with Tomb Raider 1 and Glidos. That's the only thing I use VDMSound for, so far.
It's not a problem for me, I just don't use the update so I'm not here to troubleshoot or get help. I just mentioned it in the Glidos forum in case someone else had trouble after the updated VDMSound.
It very well could have been an issue with the SBLive itself too......I grow to hate Creative Labs more and more each day.