VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by AntiSnipe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you have an NVIDIA card, bump up the Digital Vibrance. It's in different places depending on the driver version, but it's there. Rightclick a blank spot on your desktop > Properties > Settings > Advanced > Then the tab for your Video Card. Look for Device Settings > Color Correction. Mine is in the NView Display Mode section. It used to be somewhere else in older drivers.

Anyway, you bump that up a bit and then you can leave the gamma setting in Glidos a bit lower. You get a more saturated, high contrast look in the game without the cloudy washed out look of raising the gamma too high to counter it being too dark.

It looks excellent.

I'm sure ATI has something similar.

Read very fast and quietly: results may vary, use only as directed, may not be appropriate for children under 12, images photshopped because the darn things looked the same and wouldn't show the effect, do not use with alcohol, video card sold sepperately.

Last edited by AntiSnipe on 2003-04-15, 20:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is that a Glidos setting, or is it the one in the nVidia detonator control panel? If it's the latter, I've tried messing with it and I don't like it because it super-saturates the colors. I get better results by calibrating the brighntess and contrast settings on my monitor (sometimes to the extent of opening it up and making internal adjustments 😜 )

Oh, I also sometimes calibrate the gamma settings in the driver options using color charts, but there are a lot of bad charts and misinformation out there that confused me for a long time.

Reply 4 of 7, by AntiSnipe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I do it with the Nvidia drivers settings, not Glidos. It will oversaturate if you're not carefull (Lara looks yellow). You bump it up just a little. It makes a huge difference in the game, but little on your desktop.

I tweaked it just right and then saved the setting so I can just load it when I play with Glidos now.

Reply 5 of 7, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I hate that there isn't really a way to see what the "true-to-life" colours are supposed to be. Especially with all the different damn profiles. What a mess. Mess mess mess mess mess.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 6 of 7, by AntiSnipe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, I just try to get that white cloudy look out of there and get higher contrast, then call it good.

It's a pain trying to calibrate for Photoshop and the like though because you got Photoshop (if you let it) and your Video Card and who knows who else trying to jam their settings down your throat at bootup. So which one is going to win?